• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Antilag mutator - a call for testing

Will do, but now I'm finding it incredibly hard to crash. It takes me like 8 belts of MG34 to get it to crash... So troubleshooting takes ages and I'm not even sure about the results because it takes SO long.

Perhaps it's because I'm on Pavlov's House. I usually do the crashing on Spartanovka.

Edit:
I commented out that line, cleared out my previous DMP and log files, and played until I crashed. What should I look at now?

Check your <My Documents>\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Logs folder. There should be a Launch.log and Launch-backup-YYYY.MM.DD-hh.mm.ss.log files. Those are the files that might be of interest for Mekhazzio. You need to send him the file that was created around the time that your game crashed. If you did not yet restart the game, then it should be the Launch.log. If you already did restart, then it's one of the Launch-backup-YYYY.MM.DD-hh.mm.ss.log files.

Upvote 0
Are there any servers running beta 2 with advanced ballistics turned off? That would allow guys who are having crash problems to see if those problems relate to ricochets or refraction, or are present even without advanced ballistics.

These crashes happened on the first beta that didn't have this feature as well.

Another with PPSH:
DZy8lx.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's the last chunk of my log with Suppress=Log commented out.

http://pastebin.com/H4E1mp21
Nice, you caught it. That crash was in the rendering thread and probably related to the particle effects, which had been spamming just prior to crashing. AKA - it's not something I can really address on my side except by not sending bulletholes/etc :(

Upvote 0
The fatal error is filename not found. Isn't this something we saw from beta players after release because of a configuration problem?

If the "filename not found" error is a red herring then my guess is that you have either a race condition or a resource that isn't being cleaned up. Maybe he is being shot while firing.

When does the crash happen? After playing for a long time or has it happened shortly after joining

Upvote 0