• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anti Tank Madness

con20or

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 16, 2006
Ireland
I just knocked out about 7 or 8 tanks (no exaggerating,but i died a few times) with my anti tank rifle. The anti tank rifle is even good for sniping at infantry.

I would hop into the armoured buggy, whiz up to the tanks and jump out right beside them. Then just shoot them at point blank range. Then crawl around sniping at tank after tank.

It got to the stage that all the enemy tanks would shoot at me when they saw me coming even if they were caught in a fight with our tanks!!

That was the end of my fun though, a tank can make short work of a little green buggy.

dont beat him lads, just wait until the days people wont insta-zap out of the buggy, then we shall have our revenge!

lol. Some players think that other players will use kubelwagons and lend lease jeeps as recon vehicle :rolleyes:

As for the ATR, man thats a fun and challenging class, when I play Ogledow or Arad and I go Russian I almost always take that class. But I only use the buggy to get to town, I don't use it to pester the tanks. It's especially fun to hide out in the towns and snipe off german heads with it and plink at tanks in the distance and annoy them.

Upvote 0
I picked off a German infantry guy on Barashka. I was between the bunker and the house by the infantry spawn and I saw a two pixel wide character moving on the other side. Prone, deploy, shoot... First shot missed, so I reloaded and shot again. I hit him despite that he was moving, and on the other bank of the river near where the bridge starts. That was amazing, one of the most rewarding infantry kills I've made.

I also destroyed a Panzer IV at 200 meters on Arad by aiming at where the shovel supposedly was. Yes thats fairly possible, but it was a moving target, too, so when it blew up on the 2nd shot, I was happy.

I like how people get thrown off when they're hit by the ATR. Shame its a bit difficult to aim at infantry, plus if you don't get them with the first shot, you're messed.

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
lol. Some players think that other players will use kubelwagons and lend lease jeeps as recon vehicle :rolleyes:

As for the ATR, man thats a fun and challenging class, when I play Ogledow or Arad and I go Russian I almost always take that class. But I only use the buggy to get to town, I don't use it to pester the tanks. It's especially fun to hide out in the towns and snipe off german heads with it and plink at tanks in the distance and annoy them.

How about making them only DRIVABLE (other people can jump in, but not drive) To NCO's, so they can use them for going behind enemy lines, and making arty points :D

Upvote 0
myzko said:
How about making them only DRIVABLE (other people can jump in, but not drive) To NCO's, so they can use them for going behind enemy lines, and making arty points :D

Better to make them drivable by tank crew guys only, crewable by all classes except saper and PTRD guy. Would solve all problems we have currently, and honestly sapers and AT guys never rode in recon armored cars anyway.

Oleg

Upvote 0
I think there's needed special classes for Cars/Trucks, like for tanks, because not every soldier knows how to drive car

Oleg said:
Better to make them drivable by tank crew guys only, crewable by all classes except saper and PTRD guy. Would solve all problems we have currently, and honestly sapers and AT guys never rode in recon armored cars anyway.

Oleg

what if Soldier with PTRD toss the weapon with BA Driver ? So, i think, if crew member of Tank / Car take from ground heawy weapons (PTRD, MG34, MG42, Panzerfaust) he cannot enter vehicle....

akd said:
"... I'm not sure a PTRD would even fit inside one of those.

yes, that's right :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, the BA-64's are kind of a silly setup right now. But it is amusing to get someone with a satchel on top (not inside, but, on top) , and drive him by tanks.. chuck a satchel while zooming by, and laugh at the huge explosion that occurs 5 seconds later right behind you as you whizz away

It really needs to be fixed.

Upvote 0