• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another reason BF2 sucks: Dolphin Jumping

I know I say it all the time but me and my friends just cant understand why this game is so popular. Its a joke. I hate almost everything about it. And its not like I just hate on Battlefield games cause I dont like the style. BF1942 is one of my favorite games of all time but BF2 just doesnt have the graphics, atmosphere, gameplay, sound, or fun of the original PLUS its got all the same bugs and more. Biggest waste of money this year, a nudge above the 20 bucks I threw to Valve for that POS of a game DOD:S (and its not like im just hating on Valve or anything either because HL2 and CounterStrike: Source are my favorite games to play currently along w/ RO).

Upvote 0
Enough with the flaming, troels.

While the graphics aren't the best out so far, they are fantastic considering the fact that it supports 64 players pretty much lag free. I don't see any game that looks better than BF2 sport those numbers.

Players can get into the action fast. Be it by vehicle, squad leader, or spawn point, (and in SF expansion zipline or grappling hook). Thusly, no more 'WWII Online sydrome' where you run for 5 minutes, then get shot by something you couldn't see, and starting the process over.

Tons of variations. You can be an assault man on the ground, a pilot, tanker, sniper, spec ops, whatever. Each one has it's own special place on the battlefield, and is needed to have an effective squad.

I would post more, but I have a feeling that the post after this will have a "no u" responce.

Upvote 0
kevb0 said:
If you didn't like BF1942, you obviously won't like BF2. After all, they are the 3rd most popular game online right now, so they must be doing something right.

Well, i loved the semi-realism arcade action of b1942, and played nearly 120 clanwars on it.

BF2 have left me cold, there are some nice features, but in the end it is boring.

Nice features of bf2:
some of the graphics are very nice (shame that the environment is dead, very few buildings are possible to enter)
accurate aim (its the damage models that completely suck)
responsive controls (its the stamina and moving possibilities as infantry that suck)
airborne units are at a nice strength (its the lame antiair systems that suck)
squads work beautifully (its the wanton spawning on squadleaders that suck)
commander is great (its the artillery that suck)

Upvote 0
Wow, the weapon sound effects sound amazing in BF2. Very powerful and realistic, especially the single shots I heard. The running sounds are great too. I hope ROOST will meet or beat it.

Regarding dolphins, I don't see how that "feature" WASN'T intentional. You can't possible release a game with that in there after having added so many other features.

Upvote 0
The fact is, BF2 is apparently a good game (according to most reviews). Sure, you can not like it. But don't try and stop other people from liking it, because there's plenty that do.

I really don't understand why some people don't understand an "arguement." Give some reasons why you like it or dislike it. When someone disagrees, don't just say "No it's not."! Elaborate!

And for those of you who get pissed because someone says "Man this game sucks." Just think for a second: maybe it's his opinion? He doesn't have to say "In my opinion..." to make it his opinion. Who else's opinion would it be if he said it?!

Uh... ahem. Back to topic...

I never really got a chance to try BF2 because the demo wouldn't run on my computer. I did play it for X-Box. It's way different, I know, but I didn't like it there. It was boring and got tedious after a while. Plus everybody just plays the sniper, and nobody plays Machinegunners.

I want to try it for the PC. I hear lots of servers just go to one map, though.

(PS- Be advised that having a stupid reason for hating BF2 *cough* "EA publishing it" *cough cough* is good cause for someone to insult you.)

Upvote 0
I dislike the console version, It pales in comparison to the PC brethren. There is just so much I can go into but for sake I won't do that today, I find the PC version a lot more easier to pick up and the multiplayer a lot more fun. If you can play it with another person or a group of people, It feels great. I'm one that plays the odd jobs of machine gunner and engineer most of the time. :D

Upvote 0
One thing I'd love to see in BF2 is less jets and more helicopters, preferably transport. Infact, I think maps with just transport helicopters would be far more fun. It's so annoying to get a whole squad in a helicopter and go flying toward the enemy only to get blown to smithereens by some flyboy who thinks he's "owning" cos he just flys aroud in circles and picks out the occasional helicopter or stray infantry unit.

These guys really piss me off, the ones who will stand on the carrier for ages ignoring your calls to fill the Blackhawk just so they can get into the jets and zoom aorund for a bit. Honestly, the game can be fun, but I think some of the vehicles ruin it - not just jets. Some of the most intense games Ive had in BF are on maps where vehicles are limited to things like jeeps and scout cars and transport helicopters. It evens the playing field some, and its mighty fun to be able to speed around in a jeep with someone on the machine gun without having to worry about some arsehole sitting in a tank about to spoil your day. At the moment, it seems that if you don't have a powerful vehicle, then you're pretty much doomed, and a lot of the games Ive played thus far seem to be everyone scrambling for the nearest tank or jet or attack gunship.

Desert Combat tackled this well because there were some maps where, for instance, the American forces were outfitted with Blackhawks and Little Birds, and the opposing force had few vehicles but had to defend a city area. It was might fun to have a couple of good gunners on board while you circled around giving fire support to the infantry you had just dropped off near the control points, but knowing that enemy troops could well be aiming RPG's straight at you.

That for me is the fun of BF2. None of this swooping out of the clouds in a high powered jet, blowing someone to smithereens then jetting off to some remote corner of the map waiting for the next kill. I guess Im just not a fan of the "virtual battlefield" after all. Just a rifle and a few fast jeeps would do me :)

Phew, what a big rant. Im off to bed :)

Upvote 0
Well obviously, they already did that about 3 times, with BF1942 and all of it's expansions. Just wait for FH2 to come out if you want WW2 action on the BF2 engine.

While I would love having a WW2 game on the BF2 engine, I'm confused as how to balance it properly. Bolt action rifles would basically become sniper kits, SMG's have 50 round huge caliber magazines, and infantry would become useless to tanks at longer ranges. I can't think of a realistic yet balanced way to keep it fun, and not aggrivating.

Upvote 0