• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An interesting thing happened to me

Donut

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 19, 2005
Not 20 minutes ago, I was heading home from a pizza place I put out flyers for for a little extra money. Not 5minutes after I left, 4 cop cars pull up around me(I have NO idea wtf is going on yet), and the "fun" begins. One says "Have a seat right there", so I do. Soon as my butt hits the ground, another says, "Stand up". Ummmm, ok... One looks through my bag, fine, Ive no problem with that, or them looking through my pockets, but when the guy looking in my pockets is telling me what its about(Im looking at him(like many parents say, "Look at someone when theyre talking to you"?), Im not saying a word, just listening, and he say, "Let me finish before you go spouting off". W...T...M...F?
Conflicting directions, hed already looked in the pocket, but had to ask me where my wallet is, like it wasnt a rather large bulge in my front pocke4t. Only 2 of them there guys, and a big square bulge in the front pocket is quite probably a wallet. I tried to say that I was getting conflicting directions from them, and was getting confused by that(by this time, they figured out "I wasnt the one they were looking for", and started to leave. As they did, one said, "Get mouthy in the county, you go to jail". ROFL! (If it wasnt so unfunny at the time), seriously, what a dick! Idve loved to see them prove I was "mouthy" in court. It amazes me how a badge and gun so often seems to(maybe magnetically), cause brain removal.
Im thinking of buying a one-room cabin in the middle of nowhere...

I was riding my bike in pitch-black darkness when all of the sudden I hear someone shouting in my direction. Now, I probably would have heard what he had shouted, had I not been totally hammered. I slowed down and tried to spot the man, from whom the shout had originated. I couldn't see him, so I called back "WHAT?" (Looking back, I know I should have just gotten off the damned bike and walked the rest of the way home, but hey, I'm excused I was ****faced.) - All of the sudden, I spot the guy... sitting in a police car :( He turns on all of his flashing lights and sounds the alarm while driving 4 meters to get next to me. I was very careful not to look him in the eyes and not to say too much 'cept for a simple 'yes' or 'no', I didnt want him to realize I was drunk, as that would have gotten me an even bigger ticket.. Anyways, before handing me my ticket (Which, btw, is unreasonably expensive for riding a friggin' bike without friggin' lights on) he goes: "That's what you get for being a smart-***, son."... :eek:

Upvote 0
you got a ticket for riding a bicycle without lights? where do you live?

Why are you sure he was riding a bicycle? A bike can be a motorbike too.

Ever got pulled over by a policewoman? The b!tches love it when you are a bit mouthy...I was riding my bike (motor motor) to my home and made my usual shortcut which consists of going against traffic in a one way street and thats why you just climb the pavement...
Anyways, she started lecturing me and asked me why couldnt I come from where she came (she was on a bike too), so I, calling her in my mind all along "the b!tch from hell", repiled- "what, from hell?"

She gave me the ticket but at least she laughed.

Upvote 0
Why are you sure he was riding a bicycle? A bike can be a motorbike too.

Ever got pulled over by a policewoman? The b!tches love it when you are a bit mouthy...I was riding my bike (motor motor) to my home and made my usual shortcut which consists of going against traffic in a one way street and thats why you just climb the pavement...
Anyways, she started lecturing me and asked me why couldnt I come from where she came (she was on a bike too), so I, calling her in my mind all along "the b!tch from hell", repiled- "what, from hell?"

She gave me the ticket but at least she laughed.
I was walking, not riding/driving, and Jokerman, if Id done that, Im fairly sure Id be in a hospital right now. I actually feel sorry for the guy(s) they were after, it really seemed like they were looking for an excuse to be heavy handed.

Upvote 0
I was on the bus one day at 2pm, the time when usually old biddies get on, and pretty much only me and my friend were the only people on the bus under the age of 60. Anyway, about halfway home we see about 15 coppers with search dogs waiting at the bus stop. Anyway, the dogs didn't find anything, but I do get shouted at for giving one of the dogs a scratch behind the ears, it was a very friendly dog, and it's not it's fault it works for a racist, corrupt, and pretty incompetent police force. When you get in real trouble they're nowhere to be seen, but as soon as you take a piss up some wall at 3am there they are, the boys and girls in blue, notebook in hand. Twats.

I'm sure there are some very good coppers out there, and a police force is necessary to catch those naughty drug dealers and other ne'er do wells, but most of my experiences with the West Midlands Police have been negative, and I am a fine and upstanding member of the public.

Upvote 0
I was on the bus one day at 2pm, the time when usually old biddies get on, and pretty much only me and my friend were the only people on the bus under the age of 60. Anyway, about halfway home we see about 15 coppers with search dogs waiting at the bus stop. Anyway, the dogs didn't find anything, but I do get shouted at for giving one of the dogs a scratch behind the ears, it was a very friendly dog, and it's not it's fault it works for a racist, corrupt, and pretty incompetent police force. When you get in real trouble they're nowhere to be seen, but as soon as you take a piss up some wall at 3am there they are, the boys and girls in blue, notebook in hand. Twats.

I'm sure there are some very good coppers out there, and a police force is necessary to catch those naughty drug dealers and other ne'er do wells, but most of my experiences with the West Midlands Police have been negative, and I am a fine and upstanding member of the public.
Sounds familiar! Must be a particular mindset thats drawn to law enforcement. I agree though, it is a necessary service, but ytf do most of them have to be such a-holes?

Upvote 0
I was walking, not riding/driving, and Jokerman, if Id done that, Im fairly sure Id be in a hospital right now.

Oh no, its a totaly different situation, I assure you I would do the same if I were in your shoes.

Police brutality is everywhere, here we get it doubled whenever the students open a strike to lower the tuition- I guess policemen hates intellectual wannabes the most...

Upvote 0
How do cops get paid? They get paid from the county they work in. How can the county make money? Tickets and arrests. The more tickets and arrests the more likely you will be to keep your job as a cop. If you stop giving tickets and fighting crimes, you are no longer needed and you will be laid off.

There are some good cops out there, but a good bit are people who don't have a higher education.

Upvote 0
Haha, the other day me and my mates got pulled over at 3am, coming home from a lan party. We had a bunch of computers on our laps and the cop just asked 'you guys in a computer club?' to which i replied 'yer, we're nerds' the cop laughed and then asked if i had been drinking, i said i'd had a few early that night but should be fine.

Cop used the breathalyzer, said yep your ok, and off we went. Ok sure it's not as exciting as being felt up and shouted at but still.

Upvote 0
It amazes me how a badge and gun so often seems to(maybe magnetically), cause brain removal.
You should watch the German movie "Das Experiment" with Moritz Bleibtreu!
There is a sociological experiment where they divide a group of test persons into inmates and guards and it doesn't take long for the "guards" to freak out and abuse their authority. It is based on a true story by the way.

You can even lose your driver's liscence (for a car, a motor bike, etc.) if you are caught riding a bicycle on the street while being drunk in Germany! Most police men let it slide, but its possible.
Riding one in the dark without lights is illegal over here too, but so far the worst I've heard happenning was that they brought the person home or told them to walk home their bike.

Upvote 0
Only time I have got 'trouble' with the authorities was about one week ago.

I couldn't sleep so I went outside with bicycle for a while. Well due the fact it was so-called "school ending" day for quite a people, you can imagine lots of young people getting drunk an such.

Well first pair of police I saw asked me to stop, and used the breathalyzer (or what it is called). Nothing. They just said "Okay, have a nice evening."

About five minutes later, another policeman asked to do the same thing. Again, nothing and they said "Have a nice evening".

Well about 10 minutes later when I stopped for a moment to the church's graveyard to the memorial sign about the finnish civil war (or whatever it might be called in english), took few minutes and a patrol came due 'worrying citizen' called that someone is doing damage in church graveyard. They didn't handle me rough, but they just asked instantly that what am I doing, then breathalyzer, they asked me to blow in thrice due they didn't first believe it. Well it was nothing again.

They said they apologize for the trouble, and again - have a nice evening.

And finally when I was on my way back home I still got once stopped and asked to do this breathalyzer thing. Again - nothing. And then this one pair (plausibly were 'camping' in the area) noticed me again and just said something like "It's nice to see one sober guy around here." and then I noticed there was like about group of 10 people, plausibly age of 12 - 15 who were 'busted'.

What made that so funny was, that they actually apologize for the inconvenience.

Upvote 0
How do cops get paid? They get paid from the county they work in. How can the county make money? Tickets and arrests. The more tickets and arrests the more likely you will be to keep your job as a cop. If you stop giving tickets and fighting crimes, you are no longer needed and you will be laid off.

There are some good cops out there, but a good bit are people who don't have a higher education.

I don't know how it is on the otherside of the ocean, but here in the States (I know California at least) it's illegal to have quotas of the amount of tickets that you must give out. A lot of cops in my area hate doing traffic and prefer sticking to doing things that really matter to them (of course there are people who drive rather badly and too fast, they get stopped).

In California officers are required to have a college-level education too. Is it the same for the Bobbys in England and others in Europe?

Upvote 0
I have discussions with cops on a regular basis. Due to skateboarding, i use public places and sometimes "not so" public places for my own personal fun. Anyways. They got skateboarding banned for a short period of time in my hometown. Rule was you can skate from A to B but you are not allowed to "trickskate" lol...impossible. So i got stoped by this pair of cops. One younger dude ( those are the worst...i hate them ) and a kinda middle aged lady who was obvisously his boss. So he started to kinda scream at me and the polite young man iam i was like: "Allright, since you seem not beign able of talking like a grown up to a citizen who you shall protect, i only talk to your boss. Not you." The guy wanted to say something but got cuted down by his boss woman ! She was very nice and just told me to leave it for a while. :D The guy was seriously pissed but keepted quit...it was so funny...

Anyhow, due to all my engagements with the law representatives i got kinda firm in the rules of using of public space in germany. Not knowing the rules will only result in, that the cops just talk you off. If you know the rules you can talk back in a civilized manner . Normaly they dont know all the paragraphs. Neither do i...but it sounds like...:D

Upvote 0
You should watch the German movie "Das Experiment" with Moritz Bleibtreu!
There is a sociological experiment where they divide a group of test persons into inmates and guards and it doesn't take long for the "guards" to freak out and abuse their authority. It is based on a true story by the way.

You can even lose your driver's liscence (for a car, a motor bike, etc.) if you are caught riding a bicycle on the street while being drunk in Germany! Most police men let it slide, but its possible.
Riding one in the dark without lights is illegal over here too, but so far the worst I've heard happenning was that they brought the person home or told them to walk home their bike.

That sounds to me like they are referring to the stanford prison experiment.

http://www.prisonexp.org/

Upvote 0