• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

Oh I do want to go there...as do all of us. Mmmm mmm this is one fine Vice President:

Alan%20wilson%20booth%20babe.png

Come on Alan. Do it for history. Do it for the future. Do it for love. Do it for me, the unofficial honorary consul of TWI. Think of the children.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In conclusion...lol..finally the TWI team can stop watching for us trouble making critics. Whining about stuff is really pointless, TWI has already decided what it wants to do and who it's selling to. But here is where I am going to end this discussion.

The inclusion of these weapons, and everytime I see something that isn't realistic and historically accurate about this game shows me what direction this game is going.

Back when RO was a mod, and the community nearly died, it was the realism units that kept playing. Ramm-Jaeger used to even go onto the ventrilos of these units and ask about uniforms and gear, because the realism units know these things.

Now these same players that helped TWI get off the ground, are being treated like a bunch of trouble makers. All of this because we think the same things we did back then.

I appreciate that you're allowing us to change settings to allow us to play a somewhat realistic game. However, I can also see that the audience that this game is being made for first and foremost is the Lowest Common Denominator of consumer, and not the guys who stuck around when others didn't. This new audience will move along to the next game as soon as it comes out, but WE will stay around. The people that used to bash us on the forums back in the mod days, have left to other games, but we persist.

And when we try to give our input, we are met with nothing but disdain. This makes us mad and frustrated.

Upvote 0
In conclusion...lol..finally the TWI team can stop watching for us trouble making critics. Whining about stuff is really pointless, TWI has already decided what it wants to do and who it's selling to. But here is where I am going to end this discussion.

The inclusion of these weapons, and everytime I see something that isn't realistic and historically accurate about this game shows me what direction this game is going.

Back when RO was a mod, and the community nearly died, it was the realism units that kept playing. Ramm-Jaeger used to even go onto the ventrilos of these units and ask about uniforms and gear, because the realism units know these things.

Now these same players that helped TWI get off the ground, are being treated like a bunch of trouble makers. All of this because we think the same things we did back then.

I appreciate that you're allowing us to change settings to allow us to play a somewhat realistic game. However, I can also see that the audience that this game is being made for first and foremost is the Lowest Common Denominator of consumer, and not the guys who stuck around when others didn't. This new audience will move along to the next game as soon as it comes out, but WE will stay around. The people that used to bash us on the forums back in the mod days, have left to other games, but we persist.

And when we try to give our input, we are met with nothing but disdain. This makes us mad and frustrated.

This wins the entitlement award for this thread. Not only do you insult everyone who isn't part of the realism community but also without you apparently RO would cease to exist.

There are so many things that make RO2 more realistic and more playable then RO1, and yet you focus on things that can be easily fixed or changed by server settings.

Sorry but what do you expect? Theres a difference between pointing out small errors and being rude and obnoxious to everyone on these boards and TW.

Upvote 0
So this is basically Modern Warfare re-skinned to be WW2?

Do we get bonuses for kill streaks?

Oh wow, how was this post not deleted? Troll to the max. Everyone please ignore. You'd have to be a complete daft to make a statement like this and actually believe it.

I am going to have to say Alois makes some good points, but TWI helps cater to us by allowing us to customize our own servers. We can change whatever the hell we want. They haven't forgotten about you(us). They are appealing to a wider audience and at the same time we can still reign with our historical/realism servers... because they gave us that option. Now drop it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow. Guilt tripping along side over reacting intermixed with a feeling of entitlement .

Bravo.

Realism FPS gamers on the PC are a niche of a subset of the gaming population . Created for the " lowest common denominator" ? Really?

Let's explore that .

If you track game sales on the consoles vs the PC they usually are around 10-1. Depending on many factors.
Now out of those people who play on the PC, how many play First Person shooters? Hard to say. Looking at the numbers on STEAM give you a decent idea . How many "realism" games are there? RO, ARMA... A few other mods. I'd doubt there's more than 1 realism player for every 5 CoD players .

( PC gaming is Still the largest platform Especially if you consider Zynga and other social networking games as "PC" games . And MMOs . However , in terms of people who would consider themselves "gamers" and games that are released cross platform PC games are pitiful in sales . Alot of this due to the "consolification" of PC games.... The TRUE "selling out" to the masses)

Lowest common denominator ? Doubtful. A broader audience? Certainly .

And as you said yourself ... It was a small , dieing community . And expecting them to do it again without an attempt at trying to grab a bigger audience? Crazy I'd call it.

But this is all moot until we play it and see what types of options we have to configure the game to individual clan tastes .

Sorry you feel hurt and betrayed . I think many minor points might have merit , however , the way the where presented were , in some instances , poor .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Awesome screens!! :D

Not sure what the issue is with the select few who are upset... it all can be configured... If you want a game that you have to play stock out of the box look up CoD:MW3...

So the inclusion of the Mkb42 that probably wasn't in Stalingrad suddenly turns RO2 into CoD? How exactly does the inclusion of this weapon make the game any less realistic? It still fires bullets according to a realistic ballistics model and operates like the gun did in real life. The inclusion of the Mkb42 doesn't automatically mean RO2 will feature healthpacks and crosshairs, does it? :rolleyes:

The developers will not build a game that YOU want. They will build a game that PEOPLE want, and most people aren't insufferable history grognards that can't accept that RO2 is a game that, above all, is meant to be fun.

Great post. Needed to be said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

You argument hinges on the weapons shown being unrealistic and historically inaccurate. They are not.

Upvote 0

And how many realism units actually went to the grain elevator to take pictures?

Badass pipe smoking german soldier would totally kick your *** for calling him unrealistic.

sinttulo1kpe.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the screen shots look amazing and I am looking forward to the game. I am glad to start seeing the guys that have been posting on here for years finally online playing RO again. It is good to see those names that I remember from the mod days when there were only 20 people worldwide playing. I have never faltered from the game all these years. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the battlefield.

Porsche

Upvote 0
I don't think people realize that but within a few months of HoS's release, 90 percent of the twitch shooters... which is prolly 50 percent of the playerbase, will be off playing Modern Warfare 4.. or 5.. or HALO... Have to pick between catering to people that will just buy the game, play a few months, then move on to the next mundane shooter... or those that are willing to play and stick around, run events and tournaments and create long-lasting units.

Upvote 0
Have to pick between catering to people that will just buy the game, play a few months, then move on to the next mundane shooter... or those that are willing to play and stick around, run events and tournaments and create long-lasting units.

Why do they have to pick who to cater to? Have you read anything about the customization? Don't you remember how easy it is to add mutators to servers in ROOst? Are you so self-centered where you do not care about the game's accessibility (including sales, which help the developers), instead you wish they reject the outside world entirely and stick with the players they have? That's an extremely selfish way of thinking. We haven't been left behind or forgotten. If you have been reading anything you would see we can, on our own servers, customize classes, whether or not stats play any roles, whether or not we have heroes. EVERYTHING. Essentially almost everything you are angry about.

I can forsee almost within a month of release mutators being released to help cater our ever so special elitist group.

Stop whining, pull up those panties. If you are so upset don't buy the game. To be honest, I'd rather not play with someone like you and rather with one of those "CoD Lowest Common Denominator's".

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0
On the argument of what weapons were used then, you can't prove they were testing them and you can't prove they weren't testing them. I don't know why some people find it so horrible and far-fetched that they decided to go with the idea that they did have a small amount thrown in the mix. You do know that not every single player on the team will be able to use them at the same time, right? Aside from any of that, the uncommon weapons we know of are hardly game changing to any important degree.

By the same logic you should be upset that every single battle doesn't happen how it did then, that every single soldier-player isn't in the exact same spot like they were in real life. Tedious for the sake of being tedious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mind if you explain why there hasn't been any real threads listing the painfully obvious problems with details found in both german and soviet models when you examine them with a magnifying glass (presskit screenshots are good for this, as well these new ones) but instead people are more than willing to jump the gun when it comes to the Trollkarbine?

There's been plenty of flamewars over the Trollkarbine, informative points about tank details but not a single thing about some other severe errors in details? Since when enthusiasist, fans with passion and realism unit members have suddenly become pseudo-hypocritical that as long as it isn't about something "important" and in-your-face-visible kind of thing it's allowed to be wrong?

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0