• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Alright, nothing against it, but, christian music?

I would totally play as a sniper wielding Jesus. Imagine the quotes! "Let he who is without sin fire the first bullet!" "You're Satan's problem now, buddy." "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in me, and trust in Kalashnikov." "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light, and I need money." "The true path to righteousness is to give unto the poor, take my dosh my sons."

Please TWI...answer our prayers ;)

Pull a Hayato, have some Jesus stage actor lose his grip on reality as well.

Upvote 0
Airmech has a Jesus character,so why not Killing Floor? Even if they need to (and will probably) make a schizophrenic character who only believes he's Jesus, that would be fine with me .

Yeah I'm pretty sure if actual Jesus was fighting the zeds they wouldn't stand a chance... So better make it somebody who thinks he's Jesus so the game stays challenging :p

Upvote 0
Pull a Hayato, have some Jesus stage actor lose his grip on reality as well.

Even if they need to (and will probably) make a schizophrenic character who only believes he's Jesus, that would be fine with me .

I can see that.
"So who's the new guy?"
"Oh, we picked him up at that Hellride. Dude thinks he's Jesus."
Jesus dude polishing a gun in the background, "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son a Colt .45..."

...I'm having too much fun with this idea, but a crazy guy thinking he's Jesus has so much potential for hilarity...

6sxqh2.jpg

Upvote 0
Funny part is that many bands I listen are anti-religious.

The big majority of metal bands are anti-religious actually. Anti-religion/anti-society is the very basis of metal music. That's why Christian Metal stands out as a a distinct sub-genre even though there's actually no musical implications (the christian part is only thematical in the lyrics not in the music characteristics unlike, say, Black Metal and so on).

I think that Tripwire chose Christian Metal specifically cause it's a safe choice vis-

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also, I've actually tried looking for secularized music from other religions (ignoring all-out gospel) and it seems Christianity and Wicca are the dominant if not the only religions that do that. Wiccan ones are fairly interesting, though (can't name one off the top of my head except the ones up to speculation). As for themes... I actually think fighting in a mosque might not go over so well, same with many other places of worship. Christianity seems to be pretty laid back about it for some odd reason, but most other religions in my experience are much more defensive of sacred lands, even in medias.

I would totally play as a sniper wielding Jesus. Imagine the quotes! "Let he who is without sin fire the first bullet!" "You're Satan's problem now, buddy." "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in me, and trust in Kalashnikov." "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light, and I need money." "The true path to righteousness is to give unto the poor, take my dosh my sons."

Hail sniper Jesus!
Anyway, imagine a buddhist death metal band. That would be kind of weird wouldn't it? ... oh wait I vaguely remember that rule about the internet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyz9gHS6IcU

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Instrumental music has no message so to stop further injuries, turn the music back to default (lyrics off) or off completely to start your recovery. I hope the damage done to you is temporary. Maybe you could use an external player and play your satanist, gangster rap, twerking or whatever music it is you need. Best of luck and do as thou wilt.

Upvote 0
I can see that.
Jesus dude polishing a gun in the background, "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son a Colt .45..."

Now that is a quote i would like to hear.
So yes, i would be interested in a character who thinks he is Jesus. Also add in a Buddhist/Shaolin monk character too. Who decided to stop by western Europe on a trip and somehow ended up in the ZED apocalypse. A normally peaceful man but would pick up a Crovel or an L85A2to protect the citizens. His voice clips would suggest a fondness for all bladed weapons.

Upvote 0
Also add in a Buddhist/Shaolin monk character too. Who decided to stop by western Europe on a trip and somehow ended up in the ZED apocalypse. A normally peaceful man but would pick up a Crovel or an L85A2to protect the citizens. His voice clips would suggest a fondness for all bladed weapons.

I'd assume he'd have an affinity for bladed weapons, but moreso towards blunt weapons as I'm sure they train most often with swords and bo/jo staves. But at the same time, they may take up firearms simply out of necessity. Sure you could face off with a chainsaw wielding maniac with a wooden staff... but I'm sure anybody'd prefer a ranged weapon over that. A warrior adapts.

Upvote 0
I can see that.
"So who's the new guy?"
"Oh, we picked him up at that Hellride. Dude thinks he's Jesus."

...I'm having too much fun with this idea, but a crazy guy thinking he's Jesus has so much potential for hilarity...

+1 I already love Hayato's insanity. This would be great. And lol yeah I guess we've gone pretty far from the thread topic.

Upvote 0
The big majority of metal bands are anti-religious actually. Anti-religion/anti-society is the very basis of metal music. That's why Christian Metal stands out as a a distinct sub-genre even though there's actually no musical implications (the christian part is only thematical in the lyrics not in the music characteristics unlike, say, Black Metal and so on).

It can be that in industrial bands are more obviously anti-religious because they have more often message to say. But many industrial bands do "empty words" songs too with no meaning just to sound good.

Many metal bands I know make good music but most time they don't try to say anything.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I tend to avoid metal bands with a "message". I prefer narrative driven music usually inspired by literature, history, or mythology. That's one of the reasons why Iron Maiden is my favorite band of all time.

Rock on dude, Eddie rulez. Since you are a Maiden fan, I thought of a lyric that fits perfectly with the game, which I'm sure you can appreciate.

"Run to the hills......... Run for your lives."

Upvote 0
Yeah, I tend to avoid metal bands with a "message". I prefer narrative driven music usually inspired by literature, history, or mythology. That's one of the reasons why Iron Maiden is my favorite band of all time.

Well, I should remind you that Iron Maiden’s music has been heavily criticized by religious groups, particularly Christian groups, and labeled as satanic. Much of this is due to their 1982 album, Number of the Beast. When the album was released, Christian groups in the U.S. held ritual record burnings to destroy album copies and the Catholic church even managed to ban the band from performing in Chile for a short time.

But yeah, Maiden rocks =)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK let me sum that up for all ya people who want to discuss the music.

The music is probably good for all you metallheads out there.

You can switch the music off you don't like it for all of us non metallheads out there.

The lyrics are cristian BUT they can be switched off and on - which is pretty cool IMHO.

Everything is great as TW are great and know that people like to have options.

The only problem for me and probably other people who try to play and listen to other music is that you can not turn off the music completely. You can't turn of the guitar riffs when SC or FL shows, you can't turn off the piano music when your team is wiped and you can't turn off the music during loading.

Everything else IMHO is great you can chose what to listen to and how to approach the music. TW have done a great job, I love that, except with small things that are probably not thought of since - the beta test is undergoing right now.

Upvote 0