• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC AK12 Fire Animation Barrel Recoil

Azukki

Grizzled Veteran
  • Jul 7, 2009
    Spoiler!

Category: Animation
    Reproducability: Always
    Summary: Shooting the AK, the barrel reciprocates, and it shouldn't.
    Description: When you fire the AK12, the barrel, front sight, gas block, and gas tube are not just wobbling, as they should, but they're very significantly reciprocating, as if it were a long recoil operated weapon, which it isn't. It's long stroke piston operated, and the barrel should only wobble like the other guns' do. I can't say it doesn't look cool, though.
    kf2ak12_2.gif

Online/Offline: Both

Another graphical mistake: the AK and SCAR are ejecting rimmed casings.
    Maybe 30-30 casings were modeled for the LAR, and then saved as "30 caliber casings", and it was left at that? It'd be an appreciable detail to make the casings more respective to the gun. Just rescaling the 5.56 casings would be a slight bit unproportionate, but a lot closer than this.

Last edited:
    at first i thought the AK-12 actually did that, but i went and watched some videos, nope, thats gotta be the AN-94 im thinking of, perhaps devs were confused, looks cool, but is inaccurate.

i did however see people hold like 2 inch groups at about 50 meters while firing in bursts, sucker is crazy accurate ;)

Upvote 0