• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Well makes LPEG's - Low Power Electric Guns. They pretty generally ****. Low FPS, break quickly, made out of cheap materials, etc. If you want to play with people who have AEG's, then get an actual AEG (Marui, CA, that kind of stuff). If you don't plan on doing that, then go ahead and get an LPEG. Well and BE are OK to buy from I guess.

According to everywhere I'm looking the fps isn't that much lower, 50fps at most, and atleast they use metal unlike the really crappy low end stuff that used plastic gearboxes. I pretty much just shoot them off in my own little shooting range in my basement, and with my friends who mostly just have single shot spring rifles. In fact I am thinking of going with the single shot stuff since they will last longer, are actually often more powerful, and are cheaper. That way I can get a Thompson for less then $300.

Upvote 0
CYMA makes ok stuff, gearboxes are good and made from metal, but the externals are often not as good as the more expensive guns, they tend to use very soft metal for one.

But since they are TM copies, you can use TM parts and upgrade kits, so its not a problem.

So if you gotta cheap out on AEG's, i'd say go with CYMA, they are a bit cheaper but not super cheap, but alot better than the other cheap crap out there.

Upvote 0
I promised that i'd show pics once i got my Guarder kit, well, today it came, after a very very long wait!

AKS.jpg

And here's my old SLR-105, i've tinkerd a bit with it so i might aswell repost:
SLR.jpg

Not a bad AK start :D

Upvote 0
Yeah looking good, I dont like those style of mags though.

I do :p

Steel mags would be cooler, but nobody makes 74-steel mags (and putting 7.62mm 47 mags on a 74 is criminal!), its either black plastic or Bakelite coloured plastic, and i prefer the Bakelite look since im going for an early 80's AK look.

Thouse are G&P mid-caps BTW, they are ok, but not great, im getting some STAR mid-caps send from Germany, i hope they look a bit cooler.

Upvote 0
Oh shi- pics of me playing airsoft
Im the one in the east german greatcoat :D (I'm so short :eek:) Gotta wait untill spring to break out the vietcong impression. I'm borrowing somones gun, and that stock made it very hard for me to aim, so later on we took it off and taped over the hole that holds the battery, with duct tape, ghetto style.

DSCN1209.jpg

DSCN1219.jpg

Upvote 0
haha I have just recently acquired my NEW S.W.A.T. shield...

Love EBAY! and it only cost me a paycheck too LAMO!! and thats with the shipping... about 600

The Pics are from over my friends house with his camera... Its when I first got it, I dont have all my swat gear on though.. :D

Its a Real bullet proof shield... its a lvl. 3 ballistic shield, supposed to stop up to a 5.56

I bought it for Paintball, Airsoft, and Halloween!

jayspics167.jpg

jayspics166.jpg

jayspics164.jpg

Upvote 0
I just don't trust any of the chinese stuff yet. I'd still rather pay $200-$280 for a gun that I know will last me tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of rounds without breaking. Much better than paying $100-150 for a gun that'll last half that time, so in the end will cost me the same or more.

Nice pictures guys. Here's a custom gun that two of my team members built (I hope you guys are members on arnies).
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=90550

Upvote 0
the are replica firearms that fire plastic bbs so fat people can pretend to be in the military.

At least that is what the internet tells me

1140051335403zt4.jpg

edit: The canadian airsoft community takes itself extremely seriously. Airsoft is in a legal grey area. The largest community doesn't let anyone under 18 view any of the forums related to purchasing the weapons. You actually have to contact a representative and have an interview to be cleared!

I've been wanting to get into airsoft myself but it's so expensive in canada (importing is extremely difficult) and there are few reps in my city.

AHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
That pic is "GOLD"

I Have owned one of them airsoft guns.

It was a Glock looking handgun... pretty cheep, no c02 bottle, had to manually charge it by moving the top of the gun backwards...
Very nice looking gun, but a stupid "friend"(past) of mine broke it and never replaced/repared/paied for it...

At this point, if I buy anything it would be a cheep paintball gun... and when I have moeny I will buy a quality Paintball gun...

Because Paintball is much more popular and has many places that you can go to for good organized wars...

In Quebec, we have Arnold's Paintball that is one of the best
Every year they have their "Big Game" of 300 to 400 people
It plays kinda like red orchestra... you die, you come back as reinforcements in the same way.

Tho it has 50% newbs that camp in the back... even if they can see the ennemy... their rent-a-gun is usually out of reach...

(However, I might as well buy a few of them cheep airsoft guns pistols with protective glasses for me and the buddies to shoot ourselves with)

Edit:

Questions
Can you use a Paintball mask for airsoft ?
I have never seen any Airsoft Places in Quebec... or even herd of them...
So... it would be a good idea to open an all Airsoft Business here

also... for those who whipe in paintball or say they never got shot...
Just shoot them untill they cry and run out

Edit again
Found this for Airsoft in my location
http://www.pqacairsoft.com/faq.asp

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seriously, dont improvise with safety, you dont really want to spend the rest of your life with no depth perception and missing teeth!

Thouse "fireworks goggles" wont protect you, a well tuned AEG or gas powerd rifle will shoot right through their "glass", even some gas pistols, they dont work!

As for paintball masks, they will work fine if they dont have ventilation holes that a 6mm BB can pass through (or again, you could risk loosing or chipping a tooth).

Most people i know, including myself, absolutely refuse to play with people who dont have propper safety gear, we dont want that on our concience.

Upvote 0
I agree with Grobut. I do, however, play with people who only wear eye and ear protection (goggles and a balaclava). My friend shot half of somebody elses tooth off when the guy started shooting at us at about 15ft away. After yelling surrender at him and he refused, my friend shot at him when this kid leaned around the corner he was hiding behind. That's when the BB hit him. He was lucky the BB wasnt a centimeter lower, otherwise it would've gone into the back of his throat and that might've been messy.

Upvote 0