• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Advice for new players

Stay low and use cover.
Use the map and the tactical overhead.
Watch the flanks.
Teamwork Teamwork Teamwork!
Use the mic if you got one.
And GET IN THE BLOODY CAP! :p

This man is a prophet. These are ALL the most important things by far, especially about using mic! It's not essential but it really does help!

I would like to correct one thing though, or rather clarify:

'Watch the flanks' - more specifically be aware of potential threat locations, not just active ones! Example: if you know you COULD be shot at from a building, don't wait to find out that the enemy is using it. ALWAYS FEAR that building, if you can see it, move!

Also, (lastly), be aware of the objectives situation, using T button and map. Studying which capzones are who's and which are no longer relevant will tell you MANY things. (Where is likely to be safe, where is not, am I near the battle? etc)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another tip In this game the Squad leader and Commander position is a very key role for the team.Often his actions breaks or makes a teams chances in a match.As cool as that role sounds I would strongly recommend new players to avoid these roles until they get used to the game more.

Both roles just have alot of responsibility even more so for the commander as he calls in artillery.I just hate seeing new guys being yelled at for not using the radio for arty strikes.So to avoid this drama my advice to new guys is avoid these positions until you understand the game more.

Heck I have played since 05 playing the first game Ost and I still avoid the commander position lol.A bad arty strike can kill half your team or not using it can ruin a teams chances for a win.

Upvote 0