• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Add flashlight on every weapon possible.

they should give the medical syringe a flashlight. if they did I would camp in dark places over the normal well lit areas....Also since we are on the topic of flashlights I really feel that they should add a damage component to the welding gun. If they do this then I doesn't afraid of anything.....except dark areas because the welding gun still lacks a flashlight.

Upvote 0
I support having a purchasable shoulder-mounted flashlight that takes up two blocks or something, since I always find myself with 2 or 3 empty blocks after buying a fireaxe(the most annoying weapon to buy if you plan on using your entire inventory space). Though Night Vision also seem a cool idea. Perhaps instead of the commando being allowed to see Stalkers, he gains some kind of discount on Night Vision goggles to see the Stalkers? I know people would argue that it should be thermal to see invisible creatures, but perhaps the Stalker's invisibility is some kind of light altering mind trick? I dunno. Glowsticks to replace grenades is also an interesting idea, since any perks without any grenade benefits might benefit swapping them out on one of the darker maps, so that the team can see into certain areas, or even to find each other on massive dark expanses, like Farm.

Upvote 0
The night vision goggles wouldn't work in this game. This is not Splinter Cell or Metal Gear and you're not part of a recon team slowly infiltrating dark areas etc.

Killing Floor is a fast paced game, no time for stuff like that. Since adding a flashlight to every weapon seems impossible (too much trouble for TWI), they should just add a default shoulder flashlight and make it always available without dealing with the trader.

Upvote 0
I think one of the main concepts, the lack of proper lighting and the emotional effects it brings, aught to be kept as it is. Adding more options so long as they preserve this element is a good idea imo.

Yes. Many people seem to forget that this is supposed to be a horror game and darkness contributes to the horror atmosphere. Not all areas should be easily illuminable. Players should not feel completely comfortable in the dark. Why do you think the lights in the game nowhave a limited duration? So that players can't just have them on all the time and basically nullify darkness as a atmospheric effect and tactical consideration. Being forced to sometimes fight in sub-optimal lighting is intentional.

I think night-vision or thermal goggles would be a big step in the wrong direction. I wouldn't mind seeing buyable tac-lights that you can mount to some weapons--the bullpup, for instance, but not the hunting shotgun, flamethrower, LAW, or crossbow. In fact, I wouldn't mind if the shotgun light was made to be a buyable option instead of default, just to be consistant.

Upvote 0
Players should not feel completely comfortable in the dark. Why do you think the lights in the game nowhave a limited duration? So that players can't just have them on all the time and basically nullify darkness as a atmospheric effect and tactical consideration. Being forced to sometimes fight in sub-optimal lighting is intentional.
Except that the maps are circular, there's no objective, you don't have to reach a location or seek an enemy; the enemy searches for you. So players usually ignore the dark areas, they just camp in areas with light.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gamma up Batman!
The only area I can't see in is the stairwell leading to the basement area in West London.
Eh...I get the reason why they did it. To force you to either deal with the darkness with your weapon of choice, or suffer a moment of weakness by having to switch to your flashlight. Though it certainly is a little annoying.
I do like Cr@zY-$HeeP's idea of night vision, though. I think that it should narrow your vision though, to once again, add disadvantage to the advantage.
Instead of Nenkin's idea of glowsticks, what about flares, which burn out after a certain amount of time? That could add a lot to core gameplay.

edit:Whoops. didn't see FREAK-CP's post. He/she came to the same idea about flares instead of glowsticks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Except that the maps are circular, there's no objective, you don't have to reach a location or seek an enemy; the enemy searches for you. So players usually ignore the dark areas, they just camp in areas with light.

Exactly. As it is, only Sharpies and Supports have even a remotely chance of survival in a darkly lit area, even though they're both using a suboptimal choice during that duration (9mm for sharps, pump shotgun for supports) and only for a short duration because their light will run out anyways.

Having dark areas as is, basically means "plz ignore this part of the map" since 4/6ths of the Perks will be forced to draw a weapon they have no skill with to see.

Upvote 0
There's no need for flashlight on every weapon. It's not like you normally have flashlights on all weapons IRL too.

In real life, you would also camp in lightened areas not camp in dark.

Noobs should be able to buy extra flashlights or night goggles... if anything.

You barely need flashlight anyway...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
night vision seems a bit OTT this isnt splinter cell. i also dont like the idea of having yet another magical head mounted flashlight, seriousely how many games yhave we played where u press a key and some magic ring of light appears from ****ing no where! is it thought operated head lamp >.> i would rather the option of glowsticks or a flahlight as a primary weapon which can be used as a mellee weapon. i personely feel the maglight mellee/light option would be the best as it means that you will be scared in the dark as the maglite isnt v.powerful but u can still attack enemies in the dark (doom3 failed with this as switching back and forth was stupid). also if this were to be implemented it would mean there would be no reason to keep either the 9mm or the knife as the maglite acts as a last resort mellee weapon, and a flashlight (please note im always been pissed off i cant sell my knife and 9mm to make more space, it asucks having a handcannon and a 9mm, and a kattana and a kinife, the 2 primary weapons are rendered obsolete and i cannot get rid of them, they also clutter up my weapon seletion bar when im trying to get a good weapon out in a tight situation) then again if it were up to me i would redesign the entire hud server browser and user interface, make 9mm and knife droppable and keep the torch as a permanent weapon, i would redisgn the patriarch to look less TMNT-ish, and id add a run button rather than having the damn kinfe as the run button, i mean just because ur holding the heavy gun in ur backpack doesnt mean ur still not weighed down by it!

Upvote 0
It would be nice if you can mod your weapon (add flashlights, red-dot sights, etc.) but it would be tough and time consuming process for TWI to code and stuff... You know what I mean.

So, to the subject. I personally don't like the nightvision goggle idea. It's a teamwork game, how are u teamworking when you and your mates are stucked in a dark area and only one can see in the dark and others are blind. So the one guy using 9mm with flashlight instead is more effective in that case.

On the other hand, Light sticks are an awesome idea! the shoulder light is also dumb IN MY OPINION.. I'm actually very satisfied with the flashlights atm. (only shotgun and 9mm) But the shoulder flashlight makes everyone just use it non-stop. It would be the same as having every damn corner illuminated right away instead or having dark areas... Again, IN MY OPINION...
Overall: I support for the light sticks all the way! As it was said, 100

Upvote 0