• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Add different spawns for japanese on every map and tree hideouts and random traps

Bunny monster

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
I played call of duty world at war and I was wondering can't there be added japanese hideouts in the ground or in trees and random japanese traps so that if anyone steps he dies. It would be nice to have such things on some maps. The japanese should go all stealth while the americans relly on theyr weaponry.

My sketches for a Shuri Castle map feature spider holes and sniper trees. I am an absolute Axis fan boy on Rising Storm, sorry! I just love to be a sneaky arse who plants booby traps with a fiendish smile, shoots Yankees in the back as they rush past me and stab them with a banzai charge. :D

Spider holes I intended were no spawn points but boxes with hatches you could sit in and wait until the Americans are super close.

Sniper trees that allow sitting up there and shooting down at the unsuspecting Marines are also in, however I am asking myself how to successful mount a ladder or something on a moving tree. They are not static as the wind moves them, so can you climb a moving ladder in RO? Or do we have to do the awkward and have those trees ignore the elements?

Upvote 0
My sketches for a Shuri Castle map feature spider holes and sniper trees. I am an absolute Axis fan boy on Rising Storm, sorry! I just love to be a sneaky arse who plants booby traps with a fiendish smile, shoots Yankees in the back as they rush past me and stab them with a banzai charge. :D

Spider holes I intended were no spawn points but boxes with hatches you could sit in and wait until the Americans are super close.

Sniper trees that allow sitting up there and shooting down at the unsuspecting Marines are also in, however I am asking myself how to successful mount a ladder or something on a moving tree. They are not static as the wind moves them, so can you climb a moving ladder in RO? Or do we have to do the awkward and have those trees ignore the elements?

Probably be best to create a new .upk called "Sniper trees" or something, and create a prefab mesh with a ladder volume of said trees. This means they would have to be place manually, although It make sense not to have every tree climbable.

Upvote 0