• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About "RO2 Dying"

I think it is more like you eventually unlock the things you want, you feel relieved, then they all get taken away, and you cba putting in another 50 hours to get back to where you just were. If stats were not there in the first place then people would just play, but you shouldn't give somebody a hard time cos he is unhappy he lost his stats/unlocks, you should give TWI a hard time for being so ****ing stupid to put them there in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0
currently 640 players online. now, thats sad! they need to get rid of the perks and leveling system maybe?

if somethings not done about the current situation the game will be completely dead in a matter of a few weaks :( no hope for the mod's either i suppose ... i feel bad for the InCountry Vietnam and Rising Storm dev's ... all that time and effort more than likely wasted.

i had so hoped this game would be a HUGE success, but something has gone terribly wrong ... i feel BAD for you guys at TWI too! must be a hard pill to swallow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This game doesnt need 10.000 of players, this game needs only a handfull players who care about teamplay not less not more. If you think Ro2 will die in a few month youre a troll. Ro1 has less than 100 players since years, and it istn dead already. Im sure, when new maps and new content will be released some players come back.

Upvote 0
people seem to think games with less than 100 players are not dead.

Person A: Hey I hear game x is dead, don't you play that?
Person B: I do, and it is not dead.
Person A: How many people play it?
Person B: 4

Thing about games with small communities is that they are really off-putting for new players, you just buy the game, it is hard to find a server near you with decent ping and players, when you join everybody is already max level, they all know the maps, they all have better weapons, they all have better sway bonuses etc. Then when you play you just get owned non-stop, most people would never play again.

So whilst it might not be dead for the few that play it, it is dead to pretty much everybody else.

Upvote 0
I think it is more like you eventually unlock the things you want, you feel relieved, then they all get taken away, and you cba putting in another 50 hours to get back to where you just were. If stats were not there in the first place then people would just play, but you shouldn't give somebody a hard time cos he is unhappy he lost his stats/unlocks, you should give TWI a hard time for being so ****ing stupid to put them there in the first place.

Funny, we used to spend our energy in Ostfront learning how to play so we could pop out of cover, aim, and faust an IS2 without getting shot. Never cared about statistics, it was all about getting your team to the objective and leaving a trail of smoked enemy tanks behind you.

Upvote 0
Funny, we used to spend our energy in Ostfront learning how to play so we could pop out of cover, aim, and faust an IS2 without getting shot. Never cared about statistics, it was all about getting your team to the objective and leaving a trail of smoked enemy tanks behind you.

Indeed, which is why stats are a bad idea, whether you care about them or not, they are a distraction that should not be there, and when other people have higher bonuses than yourself it can be annoying to some people.

Reactions: monster
Upvote 0
people seem to think games with less than 100 players are not dead.

Person A: Hey I hear game x is dead, don't you play that?
Person B: I do, and it is not dead.
Person A: How many people play it?
Person B: 4

Thing about games with small communities is that they are really off-putting for new players, you just buy the game, it is hard to find a server near you with decent ping and players, when you join everybody is already max level, they all know the maps, they all have better weapons, they all have better sway bonuses etc. Then when you play you just get owned non-stop, most people would never play again.

So whilst it might not be dead for the few that play it, it is dead to pretty much everybody else.
100% in arement, unfortunately. i like to play relaxed realism as i work alot and dont have a ton of time to spend players games like some. i couldn't find one server, not ONE. seems pretty dead to me?

Upvote 0
I didn't stop playing RO2 to play BF3. I stopped playing RO2 because I didn't like it.

Sorry

Yeah, this.

I stopped playing because it stopped being fun. I work full time and have a family. My free time is too valuable to be spent trying to work around the game.

I'm glad I still have Company of Heroes. Blitzkrieg mod FTW!

Upvote 0

Angling fausts for long distance kill....that was a lot of fun.
Greatest feeling to see an arch of smoke trail leading to a tank which was devastated shortly after lol

Does anyone have an updated playerbase chart?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Six Ten just gave me a Konigsplatz flashback :)

b_080445.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: barakas
Upvote 0
lmao, now that's a good shot!

My favorite trick was lying in a depression in the ground and arcing the faust over a low hill to hit a tank I couldn't see (and who couldn't see me.)

Yes. A favorite of mine too - that and the last second pop-up tactic - where you stay as low as possible while you hear it rumbling towards you - and at the last second stand up and let loose - you had one shot and it had to work or you were dead - great fun

b_072607.jpg

Reactions: Nazarov
Upvote 0
If Quake was done today - YouTube :)

I'm guessing (and I'm one of them) a lot of complaints about the game are coming from older gamers who did a lot more difficult games where the reward systems etc weren't necessary to keep us playing (like Q3, Tomb Raider games, ...)

Trying to make another simply shooter like all the others was imo the mistake that was made with RO2.

That is a fun video that is so true for the industry today, however it isn't for ro2. Seriously that video fits perfect for how the BF, COD , Rainbow Six etc franchises has turned out, Ro2 is still very much a true pc oriented game based on a lot of skill.

That video just doesn't apply to ro2 and if you can't see that, that's sad in itself. Sadly ro2 is one of the very few passionate pc games released lately.

Upvote 0