• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server About Ranked Servers

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
I'm copying a post here that I posted on the TWI server admins mailing list. If you are a server admin, and are not on that mailing list I HIGHLY suggest you get on there.

I sent out a message earlier letting everyone know that we just fixed an issue with RO2 servers showing as being ranked. Since servers that were falsely showing up as ranked before, I've gotten a rash of e-mails asking me to look into why servers aren't showing up as ranked anymore. So everyone please read this before e-mailing me:

1) If you never applied to have your server ranked, it will obviously not show up as ranked anymore. Go read this forum post for information on how to apply:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=62720

2) If you were approved, but your server still doesn't show up, PLEASE send me your IP(s) that aren't showing up (preferably in CIDR notation). I have a database with a giant list of IP's, and I have no way of finding "Joe Smith" in this list (i.e "Joe Smith" e-mails me and says "my servers aren't ranked, can you look into it for me" :)

3) If you did apply, and are a legitimate Clan/GSP/Gaming Community but weren't approved then most likely you didn't fill out your application correctly. We are getting some people trying to cram multiple IP ranges onto 1 line. This does not work, and just ends up coming into our application system with a corrupt IP. We're going to fix up the application form to not accept these, but in the meantime, please apply with ONE CIDR IP range per application. Additionally, please DON'T try and fill in some message into the application requesting we contact you directly. If you need to get in touch with us directly use this mailing list. We're getting a lot of applications with no IP range and just messages that say "hey we're Brand X GSP and we're huge so just e-mail us directly so we don't have to use your form."

4) We're running about a 24 hour lead time on getting IP's added to the system. So please be patient.

Regards,

John

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
I know you guys are working extreamly hard to getting this sorted, But unfortinally our server just empitied due to the fact its not ranked!

The message this server is not ranked at the end of the map did not help!

However,

Thank you for the hard work - The game is fansatic and once our server is back up and running it will be fantastic.

Joe.

Upvote 0
The message this server is not ranked at the end of the map did not help!

Actually it did help. We'll no longer have people playing on unranked servers and thinking they are ranked, and wondering why they aren't getting stats.

In the meantime, have you already applied to have your server ranked?

Upvote 0
Actually it did help. We'll no longer have people playing on unranked servers and thinking they are ranked, and wondering why they aren't getting stats.

I am using one of your official GPS's so NO, IT DID NOT HELP and very wrong of you to be so cock sure of the whole thing :mad:

Not sure if I can be bothered to support this game now at all with this attitude.

Upvote 0

Hi mate,

I have indeed, Applied on tuesday night when the server software went live, But i have had no email ect.

Unfortunally its not showing up at ranked. The CID is : 78.129.192.29/24

If you could get i would be extreamly grateful. Failing that, Should i re-apply?

Thanks

Joe.

Upvote 0
It should of all been done at the same time, unfair advantages are being given to other servers now, especially when i see servers ranked that clans have been around 1 week and ours has been around 4 years. Disappointed in how this has been done
Please rank the servers again so we don't have to suffer going into the weekend with dead servers.
Hope you understand our frustration and do the right thing. Get us back up and deal with the bad apples latter. No need to punish legit servers

Upvote 0
Hi mate,

I have indeed, Applied on tuesday night when the server software went live, But i have had no email ect.

Unfortunally its not showing up at ranked. The CID is : 78.129.192.29/24

If you could get i would be extreamly grateful. Failing that, Should i re-apply?

Thanks

Joe.

I don't see your server submission in the list. Please re-apply. And all of the rest of you take note: this is the right way to complain :)

Upvote 0
Should have made all the servers ranked and given 2 weeks grace.

Then if there's a server that hasn't applied & approved within that time, they lose Ranked status instead of this carry on.

Fingers crossed our server will get into the Ranked echelons soon.

I think you all misunderstand what the issue was. You servers were never ranked. There was a bug that made them show up in the server browser as ranked when they shouldn't have, thus making people think they were gaining stats when they were not. All we did was fix this issue, so that servers that are actually gaining stats will be the ones that show up.

Now I'm starting to get a little miffed here. We don't need any more advice on how we should have handled this. You want your servers ranked, be polite, apply, and we'll get them on as quick as we can.

Upvote 0