• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Abnormal zoom while running

This isnt a bug lol, which is why its in RS1 and RO2. Its called sprint key zoom and its so you can zoom in and focus on things without aiming down your sights. Its activated by standing still and holding the shift key, theres an option in the game settings to disable it and I believe its under the "gameplay" tab and says "disable sprint key zoom."

Upvote 0
Medatboi;n2293778 said:
This isnt a bug lol, which is why its in RS1 and RO2. Its called sprint key zoom and its so you can zoom in and focus on things without aiming down your sights. Its activated by standing still and holding the shift key, theres an option in the game settings to disable it and I believe its under the "gameplay" tab and says "disable sprint key zoom."

This absolutely is a bug. He's talking about how it sometimes zooms in WHILE you are sprinting, that is you press the shift key to sprint and it zooms in while you are sprinting. This was a bug since RO2.

Reactions: Patu.Kuovi
Upvote 0
Medatboi;n2293778 said:

To me it happens even if i've checked that box. It was disabled from the option menu, but is still a thing. It's rare, but it happens.

Upvote 0
Medatboi;n2293778 said:

Bug is ages old u clearly don't know what i'm talking about probably u haven't played enough ro2/rs to know about it's existance

Upvote 0
We've been trying to fix this one for well over a year now, but the problem is that we still don't have a confirmed reproduction/cause. If any of you guys know what it is specifically that causes this, we'd love to know. We _think_ it has to do with what you're doing when you get killed, but every time we think we have it, suddenly we can't reproduce it any more.

So yeah, next time you guys have it happen, please try to make a note of _exactly_ what you did between getting killed and your next spawn. Our best guess currently is that it's something to do with either being in an ironsights transition when you get killed, or are firing at someone in ironsights when you get killed. We need certainty though.

Upvote 0
Yeah for me it would generally happen after respawning back into the game, i would then proceed to run straight away and the zoom and run functions would be combined/stuck till weapon drop. If I remember correctly in RS2V some character profiles can't drop their main weapon so this is compounded. Perhaps it's a combination of weapon zoom and normal zoom combining - change to say after respawn all profiles start with their handguns or alt weapon which has no weapon zoom.

Upvote 0