• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A video I haven't seen from GC 09

if the infantry part is as awesome as it looks and so much more finished than in ro, then i can't wait to see what they have done to the vehicle part. if there is any!

what i was thinking is that if the game engine can allow for such complex AI squad controll. then why not bring it over to MP human controll?
have the squad leader give orders and point out positions to his squad members, who would each be given a place to go by the game. asif they were AI, but then it's up to them to follow those orders or not.
others would see on their "radar" players in a different color when they are not where the game told them to go.
it would certainly make the game more intelligent if all players have the same tactic in mind, people currently behave really like idiots. theres always 5 guys watching down the same stairs, and nobody guarding the rear door when some jerk comes in and sub-mg's everybody down.
it would allow for complex and realistic tactics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bravo TWI, the first videos look promising. Blind fire, correct collision detection and bipod functionality are all very important.

However I would like to state that in RO:OST the weapon is too steady while running. My suggestion is to put importance into having to stop before shooting.

Upvote 0