• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics A message to the TT extremists

kabex said:
No... the grand majority of solo tankers don't give a flying **** about teamwork or tactics.

They sit their asses outside their spawn and try to kill as many enemy tanks as possible, that's their concept of teamplay.

There are some good solo tankers, but maybe 0.00001% of the total.

lol, and pitch a fit when a stranded tanker walks a few meters out of the spawn and hops in the tank for a ride.

"These noobs always hijack my tank in the middle of the battle! Tanks should have a lock!"

sound familiar?

Upvote 0
[tR]Mad Mac said:
lol, and pitch a fit when a stranded tanker walks a few meters out of the spawn and hops in the tank for a ride.

"These noobs always hijack my tank in the middle of the battle! Tanks should have a lock!"

sound familiar?

"and those dam n00bs drove me into the battle away from my mountain-top perch away from it all, WTFZ!!!111 tanks aren't for driving into battle!!"

Upvote 0
Lionel-RIchie said:
"and those dam n00bs drove me into the battle away from my mountain-top perch away from it all, WTFZ!!!111 tanks aren't for driving into battle!!"

They aren't for point-blank comat, either. :p Ussually when you hear that complaint its when someone moved the tank from a good spot down to mix it up.

This is ok at times. When you have a superior position on several enemy tanks, and the driver not only moves you out of that position to point-blank range but WON'T STOP so you can shoot..

Upvote 0
kabex said:
No... the grand majority of solo tankers don't give a flying **** about teamwork or tactics.

They sit their asses outside their spawn and try to kill as many enemy tanks as possible, that's their concept of teamplay.

There are some good solo tankers, but maybe 0.00001% of the total.

Too True!

I usually team up and have damn good luck. If the person I team up with has no mic it is generally better that they gun. The driver can hear the round loading to know when to stop and can also call out targets from an open hatch better than the gunner. All the gunner needs to do is press 5 on the NumPad to tell you to stop.

Routinely I will, as part of a team in a tank, take on 2-3 tanks and win. Gunning and relocating regularly while using cover we can often isolate one tank, eliminate it, then take on the other. As stationary emplacements solo tanks are easy to isolate.

I will solo when there is no one else there, or when a bot hops in (I order bots out!). Even then though I keep my mind on the objectives. Typically TTs respond to calls for support or to cap / save a zone. I don't know how many times I have raced to the fields to prevent a cap being lost, calling out on VOIP and through voice commands, for support in the zone, only to pass plenty of solo tankers who just sit there exchanging fire with distant enemies. I fail to see how that is teamplay...

If you want to solo fine, just don't leave people stranded in the spawn and don't be an asshat and order peopel out of "your" tank. It is no more yours than theirs. The tanks are meant to be jointly crewed and if you have that much of a problem letting someone hop in then go back to BF1942.

Upvote 0
Then buy a mic. Don't be a cheapskate.

What bothers me the most about "solo tanker extremists" (using your vocabulary there) is the solo'ers who ALWAYS want to keep the tanks for themselves. The second you enter "their" tank, they order you to get out. They never want to share a tank, even if you assure them you're a good TT'er. Highly annoying.

So you go solo all the time because of the lack of teamwork? All the more reason to team up with a TT'er!

Upvote 0
Team Tankers, FTW.

tigeri0wo.gif

Upvote 0
Phoenix-D said:
They aren't for point-blank comat, either. :p Ussually when you hear that complaint its when someone moved the tank from a good spot down to mix it up.

This is ok at times. When you have a superior position on several enemy tanks, and the driver not only moves you out of that position to point-blank range but WON'T STOP so you can shoot..

But usually this "good position" is far away from the capture point and the solo man in the tank is using his tank as a sniper rifle while his TEAM loses the cap point. Nothing drives me nuts more than being on barashka and half of our tanks are all perched on hills while the Russian tanks roll through the Peninsula and Bridge and cap the points.

Upvote 0
This is exactly why I stick to infantry. If everyone is in a tank I'll be the 1 out of 32 people as infantry. I just totally bipass the whole possible frustration part of trying to get someone to listen. I'd rather have my rifle and sneak around the tanks and pick off their commanders and cap objectives under their noses because they are too busy looking for other tanks.

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
This is exactly why I stick to infantry. If everyone is in a tank I'll be the 1 out of 32 people as infantry. I just totally bipass the whole possible frustration part of trying to get someone to listen. I'd rather have my rifle and sneak around the tanks and pick off their commanders and cap objectives under their noses because they are too busy looking for other tanks.

That and giving the heavy tanks a Panzerfaust surprise- good for multikills.

Upvote 0
I am more of a driver on most maps but when there are loads of tanks I will go it alone I am not to bad a shot especially on Arad.

I have had some good games with others acting as the commander & also some real dire ones with those that do not communicate.
(I use text cht & VOIP normally relaying tactical to the team of enemy positions & numbers)

The main problems I have encountered are.

1. you set yourself up in a good position & are activly targiting the oppositoin when someone jumps in the tank & starts driving about.

2. As a driver I will get to the best tactical position to maximise cap or kills, this does not work when the commander does not understand the concept of enemy 11 o'clock & has the gun facing the opposite direction, ignores all reason as he waits for something to come from that direction as rounds fly in from the enemy in the other direction.

3. If someone wants to solo that is their perogative, but not when there is a shortage of vehicles leaving others standing about when they could be assisting.

Tanks are not the best thing for close quarter fighting or in enclosed spaces but are best kept at a distance to maximise the kill factor to slow/stop the advancing opposition onto cap points. Leave the villages to the infanty but give them artilery & MG support.

Jumping in a tank & driving straight into the melee of foot soldiers with RPGs etc just gets the tank destroyed before it can be utalised, hang back & use your cannon & MG to take em out from a distance.

Its harder for them to destroy you up if they have to fire from a distance, than at point blank from behind you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like being a driver also.

When I drive and get the command to 'STOP', I will knowing we can get the first shot off. Then while the commander is reloading, I will do minor angling adjustments, or try to flank the opposing tank if it is superior, stopping when I think the reloading is complete. Repeat as necessary or change if commanded to...

If I am alone in a tank, I will stop to pick up stranded tankers....

Upvote 0
{Cap-Down} said:
Argh bots annoy me on arad they drive around in circles and get stuck, atleast they get out when you yell at them. They are loyal and hang off your every word.

There is nothing more aggravating than picking up a tanker in distress running around a field on Arad only to find out he is an infernal bot!!!! This is usually quickly noticed by the turret he is in turning to face the opposite direction of any impending threat!

Upvote 0
Tell you what I refuse to stand for and I don't mind being banned for it as I have no time nor care for dealing with tools like this.

#1. People who get in your tank and start driving off into lala land usually back towards spawn or in any random direction but anyone who randomly gets in your tank. Why? Because they can. No other reason. This primarily happens when you solo or team up with someone who is out of the tank spoting for you and directs your fire (which works great btw).

#2 People who are incapable of responding within 60 seconds to numerous attempts at trying to speak to them in vehicle chat. I'm sorry but you are buying a game that is multiplayer get used to freaking setting up a key to chat and learn it. If you are so dumb that you can't figure this out don't come cry here.

Solution? Server Admins and members of a group who are willing and able to control their turf. So far I have yet to see a single admin anywhere or action taken against anyone or rules handed out anywhere on any server.

Perhaps someone could point to me a server where at least Admins exist and Orel 88vs76 is primarily played?

Upvote 0
This whole "no-TT" tag idea is ridiculous. I have never seen a "TT extremist" who shoot people who don't team tank.

TT is just a tag to tell others that you prefer to use a tank with a driver or gunner rather than alone. It doesn't mean that you are against solo tankers. Which are usually half of the players on an average Orel server anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0