• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A long time RO fan has 1 suggestion

it looks dated and still resembles a mod. Clunky buttons and no real way for a new player to get into the game without feeling lost. Again, I said Left 4 Dead does a great job taking a new player and getting them up to speed on what's going on in-game and out of game.

And to finally repeat myself: I'm asking TW to update the menus so people won't have an excuse to say "this game still looks like a mod, I'm going back to CoD."

Okay, so it needs spiffy new buttons and it needs a big shiny "GO" button, are you listening, Tripwire?

Upvote 0
why would it have to be shiney?

isn't that a matter of preference? i understand making the interface easier to use and more streamlined, but how exactly does a shiney interface contribute to any of these qualities?

would a matte interface make it harder for people to use?

Upvote 0
Jesus christ. This is easily the most biased and elitist forum I've ever been on. I'm looking at you, VariousNames.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I asked the guy point blank what it was about the menus that made Ost Front look like a mod (which in and of itself is a leap that doesn't make any sense) and the guy told me the buttons weren't pretty enough.

Upvote 0
Can't believe people are so picky about the menu screen and HUD
Seriously, when I get a game, the first thing I want to do is play multiplayer action that is good, not admire at the menu screen, or HUD, or how pretty the game models look. But if that's what will entice some people, I guess it won't hurt to throw the bait on the hook.

Upvote 0
Can't believe people are so picky about the menu screen and HUD
Seriously, when I get a game, the first thing I want to do is play multiplayer action that is good, not admire at the menu screen, or HUD, or how pretty the game models look. But if that's what will entice some people, I guess it won't hurt to throw the bait on the hook.

Exactly, even though it's fine for us, it's not ok for everyone else. TW wants MORE fans, not just us. And NO, not everyone thinks like the way we do.

Upvote 0