• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

45/100 review score

Also review sites always treat games like CoD where they think "ok everything that will ever be in the game is being released on this day and it will be perfect and s**t rainbows" they dont take into consideration that the developers arent as money hungry piggies as mainstream companies are and the fact that the developers actually play and enjoy the game makes the game much more likely to get even better.

Goddamned biased peopled thinking this is a stereo-typical FPS...

Agreed. Black Ops actually had a really bad release in the general publics eyes because it was so full of bugs. I play all shooters and won Black Ops in a contest in Medal of Honor..heh.. Played ok for a week then they patched it for optimization and it killed the game for half the players. took them 6 months to get their **** in order so that half the community who owned the game could even play.. And some how the game got good reviews... Completely boggled my mind. And is one reason why everyone who I see violently complaining about this games gets under my skin. The bugs in this game are minor compared to what I've seen from other AAA titles. And the way TWI handles things I'm sure they'll be fixed, actually be fixed. Not just put off till they are about to release some PAYED DLC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not sure if this was linked already such is the speed of new threads arriving but what a joke this is.

http://gamers-underground.com/content/1149-red-orchestra-2-review.html

Personally im a gamer for over 20 years,right now im having close to if not THE best time ive ever had gaming with RO2.
Its not perfect but no other fps can suck me in like this game has.
I havent seen anymore reviews yet.

I feel the game has the potential to be one of the "best experiences" I have had gaming, however the performance issues are incredibly frustrating and make it near on impossible to have any sort of positive experience right now.

You can't discount how a game runs as part of how good it is. It's a very important factor and playing at 30fps which happens to be a complete stuttery mess on a somewhat high end system really really really ruins the experience, not to mention the unlocks and stat tracking not working more often than not. I don't think anyone would be all that upset if TWI would have pushed the release back into october and given it a little over a full month of a "true" beta to really get these issues worked out.

When they pushed out the beta they made it very clear it was a "REAL BETA" that would have some real serious issues to work out, and they only gave themselves a window of 14 days to get these "major issues" fixed before final retail hit. A really terrible decision.

A release is a release and the day a game hits the shelves it will be judged. It had a stay of execution with the beta, but once that is over, the gavel falls and scores are placed and it's too late to go back and say "sorry, that wasn't the finished product!"

I have the best regards for TWI and have been playing the RO games since it was a UT mod but it was a really bad decision on their part to rush this out. You may not agree with the reviews but you're not the ones who still haven't put money down.
I hope they get these issues sorted out as fast as possible, I really want to play the game but right now, it's a pretty big waste of my time, with near constant crashing, unplayable framerates and stuttering, complete lack of hardware sound, broken, nonexistent stat tracking, broken unlocks, and most recently since the last beta update, what seems like very very very broken hit detection.

We waited years, a couple more weeks would not have hurt.

Upvote 0
There is one reviewer I trust, and I promise you he isn't going to review RO2.

I can trust him to nit-pick everything bad about the game, so if it sounds tolerable after he's done with it it's probably worth playing.

Sure, he's biased as ****, but he's biased my way.

Yahtzee is an idiot. Link removed from quote because I don't want to give him hits.

Upvote 0
Whether or not I've ever heard of gamer-underground, or if his review is biased is not the issue. I persoanlly don't give a crap about every single independant gamer review site out there since there are too many to even bother reading. What I do worry about is, will this review become indicative of larger more popular review sites? That does have me concerned. Granted TW was in a tough spot, possibly go over budget and delay the game even longer, or risk the possible loss in sales from negative reviews. It must have been a tough call, and my respect for TW and love of RO has me worried.

After all I know I will be playing the game for some time to come, but what of all the people TW was trying to win over. Without having prior passion for all things RO, will they risk getting into the game if they haven't already?

I don't want to be all doom and gloom, but these are fairly legit concerns.

Upvote 0
Agreed.

The review is by no means a literary masterpiece, and it certainly isn't even well written, but it's dead on accurate on the important bits.

Seems that the game was a let down for you, may I ask why? Because I somewhat recall that you were quite enthusiastic about the game before. Ignoring the bugs I would say that the game is great, so I really dont see what is the problem.

Upvote 0