• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I sure hope there will be NO PORTS at all, because if you just look at the screens, everything from the meshes to the models looks VASTLY SUPERIOUR then anything you've ever seen in the mod, and the devs havent been doing nothing for the last couple of months so I think its safe to say that pretty much everything that once used to be in the mod has been either 1) Replaced by something 100x more awesome or 2) updated untill it looked up to par with all the awesome new stuff.

So please, no lame ports, I dont want to see the ugly small cramped maps ever again.

Upvote 0
Eeep!!! said:
I sure hope there will be NO PORTS at all, because if you just look at the screens, everything from the meshes to the models looks VASTLY SUPERIOUR then anything you've ever seen in the mod, and the devs havent been doing nothing for the last couple of months so I think its safe to say that pretty much everything that once used to be in the mod has been either 1) Replaced by something 100x more awesome or 2) updated untill it looked up to par with all the awesome new stuff.

So please, no lame ports, I dont want to see the ugly small cramped maps ever again.

I'm porting my maps. Sorry, I've worked too freaking hard on them for them just to suddenly "go away". The quality will go up to match as well.

I'm definitely bringing over:
* RO-KorsunAirfield_SO
* RO-POW_Train_Escape
* RO-Mga

Aksay's an iffy one. Don't feel like wasting the time on that one (it was my first and roughest map anyway).

Upvote 0
Lonyo said:
RO:O will NOT use any existing art (textures/models etc I assume) from 3.3 (according to Ramm or Yosh), so anything will need to either be changed, or maps will need to include current packages that they use.

Actually the more I look at the Roostfront screens the more I see UT2K4 smeshes coming back to haunt me. For example I'm quite sure the tree static mesh (left side-middle) and the large rubble chunk near the front entrance of the Reichstag are from UT2K4. Also the train sign in the shot with the downed plane screenshot can be seen in StalingradKessel. Not that this is a problem, all the smeshes I see so far are made by the RO guys themselves.

Upvote 0
Guppy, quite the way to start confusion. There is no UT2k4 art in our game whatsoever. I see at the end of your post that you mean RO:MOD art.
We moved a small chunk of our map-art that had capacity enough to be taken with us into the retail version. But these pieces have been revamped mostly (optimized, re-UV'd and or new skins etc) and reimported into other packages, so any existing map will not find references for it anymore.

Upvote 0
WickedPenguin said:
I'm porting my maps. Sorry, I've worked too freaking hard on them for them just to suddenly "go away". The quality will go up to match as well.

I'm definitely bringing over:
* RO-KorsunAirfield_SO
* RO-POW_Train_Escape
* RO-Mga

Aksay's an iffy one. Don't feel like wasting the time on that one (it was my first and roughest map anyway).

Pingu, he was talking about cramped maps(Like Koitos). Your maps are pretty big.

Upvote 0