• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

28/01/2016 livestream summary

This complaining about the PVP mods needs to stop. The PVP is a game MOD not an official game MODE!!!!! why are people B17ching like children, KF1 had PVP mods , just because some of the devs worked on these does not make them official, did anyone not watch the stream ? they said in the stream that these are just mods and are not official. they were something fun the staff did on their holidays as an internal contest.

all I hear is " waaa waaa KF1 never had PVP" but yes it did , in a MOD. if you don't want PVP don't get the mod. When I played Borderlands 2 I thought that forum was winy !! but nothing like this ! at least you guys are better then the steam forums tho :) so you can pat your self on the back for that i guess.

TWI, do your self a favor and NEVER read the steam forums, I cannot believe how much hate there is in this world , wow a lot of children nowadays are being neglected and filled with hate. I ALWAYS wanted to be in the game industry ever since I played Atari, but after reading a few forums .... I would NEVER work in this thankless industry. Thank (insert your choice of deity) TWI has thicker skin then I do tho because I am loving this game and welcome ANY addition to it. I even welcome additions that I personally do not benefit from because this world has more then JUST ME IN IT!!!!

Upvote 0
If TWI made a copy of KF1 exactly the community would complain about lack of innovation in KF2. If TWI made a brand new game that used nothing from KF1 the community would complain about how it's nothing like the old game. Somewhere in the middle TWI rides the line of innovation and holding on to old themes and in turn, pisses off people from both sides it seems.

The stream certainly had some hickups, but it was a fresh step towards communicating with the community in a personal way and I'm surprised how many people still complained about lack of communication....during a live stream...Just because someone doesn't hear the specific piece of information they want doesn't mean that TWI doesn't care and doesn't mean there is ZERO communication, it just means that piece of information is not being shared yet. It's like TWI hands out 80 pieces of candy and the community goes crazy over the 20 pieces of candy not handed out yet. Chill out, play some other games, take a deep breath.

Upvote 0
This complaining about the PVP mods needs to stop. The PVP is a game MOD not an official game MODE!!!!! why are people B17ching like children, KF1 had PVP mods , just because some of the devs worked on these does not make them official, did anyone not watch the stream ? they said in the stream that these are just mods and are not official. they were something fun the staff did on their holidays as an internal contest.

all I hear is " waaa waaa KF1 never had PVP" but yes it did , in a MOD. if you don't want PVP don't get the mod. When I played Borderlands 2 I thought that forum was winy !! but nothing like this ! at least you guys are better then the steam forums tho :) so you can pat your self on the back for that i guess.

TWI, do your self a favor and NEVER read the steam forums, I cannot believe how much hate there is in this world , wow a lot of children nowadays are being neglected and filled with hate. I ALWAYS wanted to be in the game industry ever since I played Atari, but after reading a few forums .... I would NEVER work in this thankless industry. Thank (insert your choice of deity) TWI has thicker skin then I do tho because I am loving this game and welcome ANY addition to it. I even welcome additions that I personally do not benefit from because this world has more then JUST ME IN IT!!!!

Pray tell of which *****ing are you talking about? Im just making sure that I voice my dissent. If its just a mod then thats fine... I guess I read it as mod(e) last night! Being tired!

Still glad you were able to enlighten us with your positivity, theres little point in *****ing about the *****ing is there? :D

Upvote 0

Finally someone with some sense, thank you! I'm amazed at how angry people are getting over mods. You don't do this in other games, do you? You don't hop on the Steam Workshop or Nexus Mods muttering "How dare they do this? This isn't what the game is meant to be!". You see something you don't like and you move on.

Upvote 0
I seriously doubt there's much genuine issue over the existence of the mods themselves.

What people likely want to see is what the devs are doing. They did it with Gunslinger - they told players "here's the skill tree system - what do you think?" They showed the pistol models and got feedback on them. They showed some gameplay, showed the nailbomb and what it does, and they showed footage of the new maps from time to time.

Why not at least do the same thing for Sharpshooter? This is what the people want to see - give them SOMEthing of what they want to see.

Upvote 0
I honestly don't know the answer here. I'll see if I can pin somebody down on it.

As to additions to ZedConomy/Trading Floor we are really looking for the community input here. If alternative trader or such are things then yes we will look into it. Voice work (especially when it is localized) is super expensive.

As to modes I said we are interested in objective and we are exploring it and other options. We haven't finalized anything there yet.

If the cost of voice work is too expensive a creative cheap way around it would be to make some players who have had their tongues cut out by Zeds and are in rough shape after years of survival.

Another is to have the character survived being experimented on and have their mouth sowed shut like Deadpool in the Wolverine movie. For sounds just make some muffle mumbling sounds.

Upvote 0
Pray tell of which *****ing are you talking about? Im just making sure that I voice my dissent. If its just a mod then thats fine... I guess I read it as mod(e) last night! Being tired!

Still glad you were able to enlighten us with your positivity, theres little point in *****ing about the *****ing is there? :D

i said why are people , not why is 2Clicks...

you must be able to see the complaining going on in the forums it cant just be me. people are actually MAD that TWI took the time ( THEIR PERSONAL TIME) to build some nice little mods for us to toy with and SOME people are complaining about it ( some are even attacking TWI about it). How does that even make sense ?

and to top it off , now you are attacking me for pointing this out ?? I am sorry but if you want to defend these people then by all means continue to attack me but I see no need nor should I tolerate blatant abuse to developers for trying to do something nice.

I don't like firebug, but I would NEVER yell and tear down tripwire for bringing it out. Do you know why ? because I understand that someone out there might like it. ( this statement is not directed to 2clicks it is a general statement to anyone who it feeling the need to attack TWI about the recent broadcast)

I do not like to fight with people over silly topics and i despise it even more in a written forum because it is easy to misinterpret what someone is trying to say so, I will not be replying to further posts on this topic. I mean no ill will to anyone just reminding people that not everything TWI make is for YOU.

Upvote 0
I seriously doubt there's much genuine issue over the existence of the mods themselves.

What people likely want to see is what the devs are doing. They did it with Gunslinger - they told players "here's the skill tree system - what do you think?" They showed the pistol models and got feedback on them. They showed some gameplay, showed the nailbomb and what it does, and they showed footage of the new maps from time to time.

Why not at least do the same thing for Sharpshooter? This is what the people want to see - give them SOMEthing of what they want to see.

We will be doing that for the Sharpshooter. I wanted to show off something towards that end in the Stream but tech issues held me back.

Upvote 0
Gameplay and Modding:

• They want to do Linux support, but nobody there works with Linux, so they can't until they find someone who can. They're looking to hire a Linux programmer for this.
From PCGamer May 8, 2014: "Tripwire is now 50 employees strong. Killing Floor 2 is coming to Steam Early Access for Windows and Valve's SteamOS."

And from twitter: "...we are working on our own port this time around." (source)

So they announced that KF2 would have Linux support during Early Access. So fast forward a bit and KF2 came out in EA, no Linux support.
On 15 apr 2015: "We are still working on our Linux builds (client and server)" - yoshiro (source) Ok, good they're working on it right? Nope.

I've messaged them on Twitter multiple times, I opened a thread here asking for information about Linux support and no answers, ignored. No news about the client or even the server build. And it took them almost a year after EA to figure out that they don't have someone that knows Linux. So why telling us that you will do an internal port if there's no one that knows Linux?

At this point TWI I'm expecting no more that a buggy, rushed, really late and poor optimized Linux port made by one guy (like last time).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone feel like talking about how totally vague the commentary on everything that wasn't the weird mod things was?

Yeah, pretty much this, something was bugging me about the stream and I'm glad someone else put it into words. Apart from the mode/ mini game mixup (now confirmed as mod so I'm slightly less annoyed with it but still not exactly thrilled about it. Honestly would have been more thrilled if they left that as a surprise) it felt like a whole lot of the time was spent going "well, we got analytic tools out so now we can actually get data!".

That part honestly confused me greatly since i remember a few patches ago those kind of tools were added in soooo were they just not complete, did they not work properly, were the lacking in data sent? Were they just turned off or something like that? Apart from that a lot of it read off as "we are looking into it".

To me it honestly felt like a stream wasn't really necessary, wasn't very focused, and it could have been more along the lines of a WWAUT post. It would have been a different story if sharpshooter or the new demo stuff was on it and that was getting shown off on stream but all i saw was a lot of black screen and tech issues. It badly needed a center for it, a script or some kind of rehearsal, especially when it comes to the tech stuff so you don't need to keep stopping and starting in the middle of it to fix audio and video stuff.

Call me a bit of a killjoy or overly critical but im too used to a lot of live streams being really organised and laid out pretty well in regards to "Dev streams".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To answer your question:

We had analytics in the game, but we have enhanced them with this weeks build to get better data.

We did come into this stream a bit hot. We've been working for the past 2 weeks roughly getting hardware ready and in place with the hopes of having everything set up last week and doing practice all this past week.

We ended up having to go with Plan B on the hardware as we found out that some of the items we had that would have made our lives easier (and my not having to run everything) were incompatible with each other without alot of adapters that were outside the budget for this. So we rushed to get what hardware we did have working together up and running but that had tech issues itself as we were having to start the process all over.

It didn't help that as we set up the room for the stream much of what we had finally finished setting up seemed to stop working. We finally have everything reset back up about 10 minutes before we went live and we lost the time to get practice runs in as we didn't want to delay the stream for the community.

There was more to show but it ended up not working as we did it live so I had to move past it both for Vietnam and KF 2. Lessons were learned and we are working to address them as we hope to do more of these.

Upvote 0
i said why are people , not why is 2Clicks...

you must be able to see the complaining going on in the forums it cant just be me. people are actually MAD that TWI took the time ( THEIR PERSONAL TIME) to build some nice little mods for us to toy with and SOME people are complaining about it ( some are even attacking TWI about it). How does that even make sense ?

and to top it off , now you are attacking me for pointing this out ?? I am sorry but if you want to defend these people then by all means continue to attack me but I see no need nor should I tolerate blatant abuse to developers for trying to do something nice.

I don't like firebug, but I would NEVER yell and tear down tripwire for bringing it out. Do you know why ? because I understand that someone out there might like it. ( this statement is not directed to 2clicks it is a general statement to anyone who it feeling the need to attack TWI about the recent broadcast)

I do not like to fight with people over silly topics and i despise it even more in a written forum because it is easy to misinterpret what someone is trying to say so, I will not be replying to further posts on this topic. I mean no ill will to anyone just reminding people that not everything TWI make is for YOU.

Im corrected! :)

I see alot of bile, *****ing and the like. I expect that like the developers I dont let it get me down. If ppl are too singular minded to make their minds up upon reading that stuff then thats their loss.

Upvote 0
Ok originally we were gathering what the match makeup was - map, difficulty, the perks, when they died, to what and some others.

Now we are adding more granularity around some of the perks, weapons, and zeds.

That certainly seems like some good quantitative data.

How much of it disagrees/agrees with the more qualitative stuff from community feedback?

Upvote 0
From PCGamer May 8, 2014: "Tripwire is now 50 employees strong. Killing Floor 2 is coming to Steam Early Access for Windows and Valve's SteamOS."

And from twitter: "...we are working on our own port this time around." (source)

So they announced that KF2 would have Linux support during Early Access. So fast forward a bit and KF2 came out in EA, no Linux support.
On 15 apr 2015: "We are still working on our Linux builds (client and server)" - yoshiro (source) Ok, good they're working on it right? Nope.

I've messaged them on Twitter multiple times, I opened a thread here asking for information about Linux support and no answers, ignored. No news about the client or even the server build. And it took them almost a year after EA to figure out that they don't have someone that knows Linux. So why telling us that you will do an internal port if there's no one that knows Linux?

At this point TWI I'm expecting no more that a buggy, rushed, really late and poor optimized Linux port made by one guy (like last time).

THIS!
I'm incredibly disapointed by this false advertisement toward linux users, did not expect this from TWI.

My main HD runs on linux, I only boot up my Windows partition to play KF2 at the moment. I was really hoping for a decent linux port by the time the game released, or at least close to that.

But by the looks of things, it doesn't look like such a priority like it seemed before.

Upvote 0