• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] 2010: What game are you looking forward to?

2010: What game are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
am i the only one looking forward to brink? the gameplay looks amazing.

I love Bethesda, I really do, but Brink's style reminds me too much of UT3/Gears of war. Everybody look like an over-muscled testosterone injected dude... so not really my cup of tea.

The only reason I won't totally discard it yet is because it's Bethesda, and they make awesome games... So I'll wait till the game is out and read some opinions/watch videos

Upvote 0
Im gonna stick my neck out here and say out of that list, the game that Im most interested in is SupCom 2.

I really enjoyed the first game. Epic battles and the likes. Also, the new map styles we're going to see, the revamped tech system and resource system, around 30 experimental units per side...Im honestly looking forward to it.

Upvote 0
I love Bethesda, I really do, but Brink's style reminds me too much of UT3/Gears of war. Everybody look like an over-muscled testosterone injected dude... so not really my cup of tea.

The only reason I won't totally discard it yet is because it's Bethesda, and they make awesome games... So I'll wait till the game is out and read some opinions/watch videos
I thought it looked like a mix of Mirror's Edge and Killzone 2

Upvote 0
Im gonna stick my neck out here and say out of that list, the game that Im most interested in is SupCom 2.

I really enjoyed the first game. Epic battles and the likes. Also, the new map styles we're going to see, the revamped tech system and resource system, around 30 experimental units per side...Im honestly looking forward to it.

IIRC the first game simply couldn't handle it when you got really huge armies going.

I remember there was a world map (literally the entire world... it took like 20 minutes to fly a plane across the entirety), the game just couldn't handle it.

That was the biggest turnoff for me. Still, the zoom feature was absolutely awesome.

Now if it could actually handle gigantic epic battles and the whole "strategy not tactics" due to the scale of it then yes it would be a blast.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
oh god Matrix Games :rolleyes:

they take a good classic, chage 2 sprites, change half a line of code and resell it to you for full price

Both games above are new games :rolleyes:

And I dont agree, they're one of the few remaining publishers (along with Shrapnel and Battlefront) that caters to us who want games that require a bit more thought.

Sure they could charge less for their "re"-releases but when they take classics like Close Combat and make them work without a hassle on a modern computer without needing DosBox and messing with sound drivers, I say they do a great job. They are a small publisher and dont sell millions of copies, so they need to price up a bit, just the way it works.

Do you blame GoG.com for selling classic games after just packing them up so they work on WinXP or Vista? :confused:

Upvote 0
Both games above are new games :rolleyes:

And I dont agree, they're one of the few remaining publishers (along with Shrapnel and Battlefront) that caters to us who want games that require a bit more thought.

Sure they could charge less for their "re"-releases but when they take classics like Close Combat and make them work without a hassle on a modern computer without needing DosBox and messing with sound drivers, I say they do a great job. They are a small publisher and dont sell millions of copies, so they need to price up a bit, just the way it works.

Do you blame GoG.com for selling classic games after just packing them up so they work on WinXP or Vista? :confused:

well i never said that they are bad or evil :p

but my experiences with them are only regarding CC 3-5, wich imo are not what Matrix originally told us they would be (only in the CC5 remake have they finally actually improved the game instead of only republished)

Upvote 0
None of the ones mentioned in the poll. All just sequels of sequels. Iam so bored of this years games..its horrible. Maybe Ro:HOS can be decent but there is also a big potential of a major screwup.

Never liked mass effect at all. Dunno why people like it..looks so boring and the levels look totaly dead and way too clean.

I prolly keep on sticking to some nice indie games and the like.

Upvote 0

well rather then GoW or UT3 which kind of try to make you believe like those are realistic proportions, Brink is meant to look cartoony ala TF2.

And I agree. This years game releases have been BOOOOOOOOOORING. The only good 2009 game I played all year was Killing Floor. (probly explains my post count)

Upvote 0