• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Sport] 2008 Beijing Olympics discussion

I feel bad for the athletes who have to compete outdoors.. do a Google search for 'beijing pollution'.

many of the athletes told they will go to beijing only the day they have to compete, because the air is so polluted you simply can't do exercise over there.

i thought it was so funny to see the flame travel across the world, with protests and attacks on the flame runners. while in the chinese media they kept saying how well the flag had been recieved again with demonstrations of joy and happyness :rolleyes:

but anyway, i think the olympics are the most boring and annoying sports event . so many people live up to it and build their carreer on that. while it seems to me that of the people who know it exists and know what it is, that most don't give a F*** anyway

every summer all we see on tv is "tour de france", and this time there will also be to olympics to ruin my day :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
but anyway, i think the olympics are the most boring and annoying sports event . so many people live up to it and build their carreer on that.

And that's why Olympics is the best event there is. There are too many tournaments that winning one of them doesn't mean a thing. Sports have been inflated by weekly competitions and even international hockey tournament has lost its sharpest edge.

So having one competition that really matters and what people actually watches and cares for, is to me the best kind of entertaiment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And that's why Olympics is the best event there is.

So having one competition that really matters and what people actually watches and cares for, is to me the best kind of entertaiment.
Apart from all the drug scandels mate.
How you can say a sport which is riddled with drug taking is the best event.Is beyond me.How many more top athletes must we get to fail drugs test before something is done about it.

Upvote 0
From a German newspaper, translated it for you

doped.jpg

Upvote 0
yeah lol, it's safer to go out from the fact that probably all the "athletes" are or have been doped, and that only a few never have been
thanks to that our national swimming team finally did get to go to the event, because some east european country's entire team was tested positive on doping and were set out

its much to quiet in here, let's talk about what a crappy country china is :D ?
i hope nobody here has the intention to sit in of their stadiums that were built by the forced-labour workers from the chinese countryside,
and again nobody seems to care about human misery, when big bizznes is involved

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Why do you Sepp want to turn any topic about any competition, be it Eurovision or this Olympics into ****ing political flame?
Because China is murdering people and selling their bits to rich westerners.

And have you even seen the human body display going around? CBS 60-Minutes did an in-depth investigation and found that some of the bodies were Falun Gong members...

But just go ahead and buy your NIKE's and keep your heads in the sand.

YAY Olimpics. pfffffffft. :rolleyes:

gse_multipart32464.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If nike or any other brand was made in a western country, you would be paying 4x the price. We need cheap goods and they need the business!

Stop complaining and accept reality!
I spend $200 a pair for my Made in USA work boots. Because I will do whatever I can to keep from buying into our own destruction.

Get a better paying job and buy local. :)

Upvote 0