• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

1049 WIP Beta Changelog

I played around with the beta for a little bit last night. Just some thoughts...

Bone Crusher - Had fun with this weapon. I love the shield bash and how it completely turns lesser zeds into an explosion of blood. A nice alternative to the Evicserator. Great work TW!

New map - Interesting setting. At first I thought the map was kinda eh, but after the volcano erupted and the map started to change a little bit I started to like it more. Seems like you guys got a bit of inspiration from Nuked ;).

Multi-Perk weapons - I only tested a few of these (M16 M203 for commando and Dragon's Breath as Support). I really like the idea. Some instances are a better fit than others. HX25 for gunslinger is a little silly....

Gorefiend - I like the design, but not the color. Seems bland to me. He's definitely a deadly bugger with his twirling attacks!

Firebug buffs - Firebug is now fun to play again! I had a great time playing as lvl 25 on suicidal. I almost feel that you buffed the damage a little too generously, but the important part is that I had fun. Also the MWG finally feels like a T4 weapon! Big damage, ground fire, and lots of fun! Alt-fire also stuns and knocks down now.

Overall great work TW!

Upvote 0
I think the "problems" of Bone Crusher are : - Lower range than Zweihander (50% less) ; Have roughly the same amount of damage with heay attack (still does less than Zwei) even though bash is stronger. So, basically, regarding melee : It does not bring anything more than Zwei, cost more and weight more.

Regarding block : It only helps with Husk and Boss. So, mainly useless, except for the final round.

Considering that, as a zerker, I tend to go : Zwei + RPG, Bone Crusher does not seems necessary at all (maybe for the final round against boss).

Upvote 0
Okay, I just tested the beta for a few hours and here's what I'm thinking so far!

-The new map is okay, I guess it's...different? I don't dig it that much because it's not as scary as the others (and it's a bit of a weird maze!). Nevertheless, it's playable and that's all that matter really (and the collectables are fun!)

-The gorefiend looks AWESOME! I really like his darker tone and his gigantic tongue... It makes for a memorable monster! A bit disappointed that it's just a Gorefast on steroids though... But I guess it adds something new just as the alpha clot or albino crawler. Still wishing for more zeds eventually which change the shape of the game more (just like the husk back in the day)

-The Bone Crusher is a beast of a weapon, certainly one of the best of the game so far! It's powerful,balanced and a lot of fun. The only thing that annoys me is that since my laptop is a potato, the potentially awesome blood effects are nowhere to be seen... But seeing corpses flying and crushing both fleshpounds and scrakes more than make up for it.

-The firebug...Oh boy THE FIREBUG. You finally made it awesome again! It took you long enough...but it's finally great! Maaaaaaybeeeee a bit too much, at least when you use the Microwave gun along with the groundfire skill... The DPS are so ridiculous,I simply melted Hans in less than a minute. But that's the only thing I can say about it. Otherwise, the perk is finally useful and most importantly : fun to play once more.

-And finally, the new cross-perks weapons... It was a total surprise, but certainly the best thing of the update. Not only does it makes some sense, but it's a lot of fun too. It adds a lot of combo possibilities. But as I suspected, it makes the survivalist not far from useless... Which is a damn shame because I grew on to like it lately (still secretely wishing for that martial artist to come someday...)

Upvote 0
Yoshiro;n2281709 said:
Bug Fixes:
  • Friends Only Server setting asking for a password
  • Added missing map thumbnails in WebAdmin
  • Fixed issue where push to talk would switch to open mic.
  • Fixed typo in Hellish Survivalist achievement text
  • Personal Best Records are not saving
  • Increased controller max sensitivity on slider
  • Blood and Puke HUD Overlay Not scaling properly for higher FOV settings
  • Fixed some favorite weapon lines
  • Fixed open hole on Reverend Alberts' mesh
  • Fixed some accessory clipping on Rae
  • Fixed some missing accessory descriptions
  • Fixed Versus mode issue where players leaving in Ready Up lobby could negatively affect team score.
  • Fixed issue where Bloat bile mine could pass through glass without breaking it.
  • Fixed a case where multiple bosses spawn when entire Zed Team leaves during match and rejoins during boss wave
  • Fixed Patriarch Mortar repeating animation
  • Fixed bug where wrong message was displayed when switching to Zed team mid-game
  • Updated Credits
  • Translated map names now properly display on scoreboard in foreign languages
  • Minor localization fixes for French, Polish and Brazilian Portuguese
  • Trader Menu - Changing Perks while in Trader Menu does not update grenade information.
  • Text on Firebug perk description that was missing
  • Fixed inconsistent attack range with Zweihander
  • Added missing M79 elite reload 3P animations
  • Fixed issue where fire wasn't applying tick damage regularly
  • Fixed issue where P90 elite reload caused player to crouch when reloading in 3rd person
  • Fixed jittery HX25 third person reload
  • Fixed a few cases where C4 would not detonate
  • Fixed C4 disappearing if thrown while sprinting
  • Icon and dropped world model for the M14EBR now have scope
  • Nail Shotgun now plays weapon check sound
  • Fixed AA12 weapon check animation and sound.
  • Corrected "Kriss SMG Horzine Elite" skins to have the correct skin quality in name
  • Fixed Eviscerator not having inaudible impact sounds
  • 9mm pistols can not take advantage of Commando's Machine Gunner skill.
  • Survivalist heavy armor skill properly increases max armor capacity
  • Fixed issue where AutoUpgrade would sell tier one weapon to purchase dual 9mm as Survivalist.
  • Fixed Skirmisher skill healing 2 points per second instead of 1 as described
  • Fixed Siren difficulty setting issue.
  • Prevented Sirens from getting stuck in open manholes
  • Fixed bug where Bloats would die from knockdown
  • Fixed a case where freeze material wasn't correctly applied to Stalker

Maybe I overlooked it - but I didn't see mention of this fix that was noted to be coming in the next big update?

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...eport-ae/2279596-return-of-projectile-misfire

This is killing me.. please confirm if it will be resolved along with this great list of updates.

Upvote 0
Looked at the changelog; Meh.
Played the beta update; WHOAH.

Crossperked weapons freshens the game quite a bit.
New map is amazing.
New zerk weapon may actually get me into the perk.
Gorefiend is a bit underwhelming. Doesn't seem much tougher than a regular gorefast. He shouldn't be squishy/tanky but he currently just dies too fast if his strong points are supposed to be speed and damage. Then again I only play up to sui.

Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2281823 said:
So in a excuse to not add new weapons to the game anymore TW just add existing crossperk in the marketing menu forcing players to by non perk weapon thinking it has bonus for his class ? At least give us an option to disable this stupid behavior.
Uh...what?

It isn't a gun and it's questionably useful in it's current state, granted, but they added a new weapon in this update. All of the multi-perk weapons do actually get full perk passive and skill benefits with either perk you're using, which means that they are perk weapons for both perks and have all of the bonuses for either perk you're using.

Now, whether or not multi-perk weapons is a good idea in the end remains to be seen. However, it's a fun way to make use of existing weapons to add new potential play-styles and loadout choices. I haven't played around with the other multi-perk weapons on their alternate perks yet, but Sharpslinger is loads of fun for example.

Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
changelog looks pretty awesome, very glad to see a lot of the feedback of bugs was taken into account.

firebug buffs look high as hell at least on paper, multi perk weapons is a very nice idea IMO, but might need balance checks.

overall a really nice surprise.

EDIT: first BIG dissapointment, Zeker regen was not fixed, only the description, which is the main reason he is borderline broken an a thrill killer, i'm sure some will dissagree but to me a good zeker joining is as good as going 1 difficulty down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
vexgass;n2281784 said:
sir u got a point there and funny how they did not put dual deagle for sharp i know i use it with railgun and i can see how OP will be if they put that. even 1911 on sharp will be OP.
single gun will be OK but the select-management-choose the weapon will be a mission 9mm, medPistol, 1911, deagle, magnum. 1+2+2+3 end m14 +7
ofc u dont need all these weapons but still :cool:

not sure what is the logic of going with revolvers only, but dual magnum in power only is very strong, 6 shots for an 6p FP hoe vs 9 with a GS is a bit much.

Upvote 0
Nailgun's elite empty reload (accessed with support crossperking) is inconsistent with the other reloads; instead of updating the loaded ammo count when the mag clicks in like other reloads, it only updates after the next action. (lowering the lever with the rear sight)

Last edited:
Upvote 0