• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] 0 servers appearing. Already tried masterserver fix

Please find my ROEngine.ini attached. I looked at the Game Version and Patch in there and they match what it should be updated to.

I have even tried renaming the RO2 folder within My Documents\My Games\ so it creates a new RO2 profile so if there is an issue with it then there is some error in the default profile that RO2 copies from.

On a side note which might not be related after each map load I have to open up the console and type "Setname S" otherwise I get a randomly generated name like Player12345... restarting stream doesn't resolve this.

Attachments

• ROEngine.txt
    39 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I'm having the same issues - sometimes i have to relaunch the game 5-6-7 times just to have a server list.

So i'm browsing and joining servers directly via Steam (Menu View --> Servers).

Maybe not the most comfortable of solutions but at least it works.

I can see the servers using this and attempt connection but it will just timeout eventually, this is getting irritating.

Upvote 0
I blame RO2, not Steam.

I wouldnt be too fast in doing that.., it happens with me just when i have steam server browser running no game, even in background. Granted something is not quite right in the SB in the game as it seems to clog me up even more on exit of the game.

A typical sequence of events trying to play RO2:

Login to steam, chatting with buddies on TS we gonna protect the motherland from impending invasion. So i get my buddy to join a server coz i know all to well if i refresh the browser im gonna get connection clogging up, in my opinion is due to the steam master servers returning so much information is like a DDoS for my router.

Anyhow, buddy joins a server (he is on bthomehub btw has similar but not half as severe problems as me ) i click the arrow to join in the friends list in steam and game boots.., connecting.. with a blue PAUSED on my screen..., moments pass i connect to the game.

We play a few rounds buddy decides he gonna go break, i play on., or maybe not. I decide to leave server find another one, game disconnects back to the serv browser and no refresh nothing. So i alt-tab to fallback onto steam server browser, only to find no servers are returned [no response].

I now have to wait atleast 3-5 mins to get my connection back, by this i mean http etc traffic as i still stay connected to TS with no apparent effect to ping/response times shown in the bottom corner of TS3 (although additional packet loss, probably due to my router having to do so much work). Same for getting a new refresh in the steam beta client too.

Eventually i get traffic back refresh the steam browser and find a server.., by this time anyone will do. I connect ( PAUSED ) then play for a bit..., a crash or bug i have to restart RO2 and so ad infinitum.

I go through this every time i want to play RO2..., didnt Einstein have something to say about this? i forget.

Anyhow for anyone else trying on this matter id suggest avvin a go at steam, i really cant be bothered any more. Im sure something will be sorted out..., soon hopefully.

Some stuff they suggest in this post, may or may not work for you, worth a go though.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=917682&postcount=42

Totally underwhelmed with this whole debacle :mad:

Yup, me too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I now have to wait atleast 3-5 mins to get my connection back, by this i mean http etc traffic as i still stay connected to TS with no apparent effect to ping/response times shown in the bottom corner of TS3 (although additional packet loss, probably due to my router having to do so much work). Same for getting a new refresh in the steam beta client too.

Your router shouldn't really struggle with that as most routers support 100mb ethernet connectivity, so unless you have an internet connection higher than 100mb the router should handle it fine.

Either way if it's RO2 or Steam we need some feedback from the devs to at least tell us what's going on.

Upvote 0
Your router shouldn't really struggle with that as most routers support 100mb ethernet connectivity, so unless you have an internet connection higher than 100mb the router should handle it fine.

Either way if it's RO2 or Steam we need some feedback from the devs to at least tell us what's going on.

Devs have said its a steam problem.., or rather steam says its my problem.

I have a 3mb/448kbs ADSL2 connection.., steam's master server UDP flooding ( nothing short of a ddos) coming from a possibly async 100mb line to an adsl2 3mb connection its gonna seem like shoving a breeze block up a camels bum.

<edit>
Did a wireshark on this yest, well i recorded it till my router clogged, over 3000 UDP packets sent by master servers in less than 30 seconds ( those are the ones that got through) until things began to time out, yet my router clogging up is my problem :S

<Added>
Look at it from my perspective TWI/Steam... If i were to legitimately send thousands of packets to your forum and it went down due to overload... are you going to blame the forum software? or my sending of the multiple "requests" in the first place?

Last edited:
Upvote 0