• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

my ultimate rant

Indie games, Amnesia was the most fun I've had in ages. But yeah, mass market it's much harder to find good, well less mass market targeted games. Problem with FPS is that they are mass market and so get pulled in the direction of the easier $$. If RO:2 ever get it's classic mode out...
  2. T

Realism, frustration, and other things ROHOS

Dang, was always going to pick this up later (due to work I don't get a life until after New Years) but was checking the forum out and it's sad to see the rough release. Loved RO bigtime. I was never keen on the trailers with all the helpful assists all over it, but then was hopeful as I read...
  3. T

Tactics Instant seal?

It's never lava when you're ready with the instant seal. It's aways lava when you're battling something on the other side of the map.
  4. T

micro vs letting them be

Spend the $10 to flip them going the other way. BTW if you've walled off the cave but haven't done the explosives (no nearby dwarf), you can just stick it in front of a water temp wall. Then if a dwarf ever does want to start chipping away at your wall he'll blow himself up instead and finish...
  5. T

why i still play RO1

Yeah I had trouble living with the tanks. In a realistic leaning game, suddenly getting hitpoints for tanks is a bit of a downer. And the deflection thing was nuts. I've had Tiger shells bounce off clown car at extream angles. But that's not really a complaint, I still am amazed on what they...
  6. T

why i still play RO1

Been meaning to but hadn't spent the time finding it to dig it out ;) Anyway I've done it now and I'm happy. IMO not a bad way to do it, I'm sure there will be realistic servers out there and I can see folks from relaxed coming in and joining up once they get the hang of it and want more...
  7. T

why i still play RO1

I assume a realism server will have things like incoming fire direction indicator and such disabled? Man I hope so. I'm hoping for a RO experience but with improved mechanics (MG placement, use of cover, no teleporting into and out of tanks please please please.. etc.) and graphics, don't need...
  8. T

Calling all RO vets

Dunno, this has been the case for quiet a while with Danzig and Arad being constantly the most popular maps once RO got a low player population. Had some good games in DH, I'd say lots of the vets moved there, or at least the gamers who play RO like it should be.
  9. T

Does Mare Nostrum (and other mods) bring you back to RO?

No, I come back to RO when I feel the RO itch. Never found enough population in any of the mods for them to bring me back and same quirks that make me leave RO for a break are still there. So mostly waiting for RO2 ;) (like RO with full engine update, physics and quirks/bugs removed)
  10. T

Red Orchestra habits

I make myself repeat 'I'm playing RO, I'm playing RO, I'm playing RO' for about 10 seconds when I load up to break me of my regular FPS habits. Also shut the windows to the apartment so don't get the police coming, usually jack the sound up as sound is so important. It always is, but even...
  11. T

Just wanted to say.........

For point #1. That's why I want RO2! Same as RO basically, but with new engine for better looks and run better. It would use features of modern GPUs, multi core support for CPUs, fixing all the old quirks of RO that never got solved (clipping issues, tank intant bailing, damage model, damageable...
  12. T

Tiger, worst tank in RO ?

And avoid any map with the clown car that also has engineers (anyone with sachel charges). Nothing worse than those running around behind, doing the instant bail and dropping a sachel on your tank.:eek:
  13. T

Map Bias

Heh, I'd question the pros being bias for the attacking side. I've see lots of times where a map that has an assumed defensive bias getting stacked with 'pros' for total defense pwnage. Also win/loss numbers on the map are going to be effected due to lack of auto team balancing. Any map bias...
  14. T

[newbie]Respawning?

Hey Torko was going a good thing going into practice, wish more would. Folks say naw just jump in and play, and then go "omfg we're losing because of the friggen noob in our only tank" in the game. Sheeeesh. ;) Combat is a learning curve in itself, it's nice not to throw in learning the controls...
  15. T

the future?

Heh just got reminded. For updates I'd pay for in a new RO2, fix the instant bail out and entry of tanks. Not for kill avoidence but the old popout, pistol the sachel/PDRT guy, pop back in. Also for the clown car pop out, sachel drop pop back in gameyness. T.
  16. T

shooting a moving target at range

Ah, that's another lesson for s0apbar which he's already on the way to learning as he has realized RO can't be played like other FPS games, keeping alive ;). Took me a while to realize if you pick a spot you can see everything, everything can see you. And with the skill people can shoot the...
  17. T

shooting a moving target at range

Not about ping but a different answer using tactics. If he's running to an obvious position and you'll still have the shot when he gets there (you have the angle), wait until he does. No worry about leading, ping or sudden changes in direction. No giving away your position with multi...
  18. T

What makes a good map for you?

Open big maps where rifles come into their own. MGs come into use as they now have angles to work with. After all no crosshairs, rifles, bullet balistics, armor, arty etc are all the things that make RO special. Combined arms maps where tanks are limited 1-2 per side MAX. Not that I don't...
  19. T

the future?

RO2 could be fine with the old core support if it was just more of the same but better. RO still has it's rough edges in quirks/bugs. NEW ENGINE - better graphincs (not that RO is bad), better performance (if you don't crank the graphics to crysis level). Better graphics.. while I'll be the...
  20. T

insulting each other in-game (please read)

I don't like that type of chat, and the other guys who do all the 'your team got PWNED!' talk, just because it causes people to log off. Not only is it stupid as it's usually because the back slappers are stacking teams anyway (defense on a defense bias map has +5 guys, one side all clan etc.)...