• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Diogenes

Spring Update: Neon Nightmares Beta 1 Is Here!

can someone tell me what is the console command to give the compound bow, please?
  2. Diogenes

Game Downgraded

And again the "its in Early Access" apologists strike. TWI Defense force to the rescue! This is not about criticizing the nature of early access and unfinished products. Other developers proved Early Access can work. The problem is that TWI don't know how to deal with the concept of Early...
  3. Diogenes

Game Downgraded

Not all problems are design issues, in fact, lots of them can be fixed changing some numbers. The value of Support ammunition, the price of the AA12, the damage and spread of the demolition pistol, the perks that are overpowered, the perks that are underpowered, the speed of bullets in zed time...
  4. Diogenes

Game Downgraded

How hard can it be to make simple balancing patches once a month, based on players feedback? Just changing some values, it should be simple. Why on earth they think it is a good idea to put everything in a big update?
  5. Diogenes

Game Downgraded

I don't think we can acuse KF2 of a Downgrade, at least not on the level of what Dark Souls 2 or The Witcher 3 suffered. The problem here is the absolute lack of focus on what really should matter in early access. Instead of regular balancing patches and content updates, they wasted time and...
  6. Diogenes

28/01/2016 livestream summary

I understand they had technical difficulties during the stream, but why can't they just release a WWAUT about the sharpshooter NOW?
  7. Diogenes

28/01/2016 livestream summary

THIS! I'm incredibly disapointed by this false advertisement toward linux users, did not expect this from TWI. My main HD runs on linux, I only boot up my Windows partition to play KF2 at the moment. I was really hoping for a decent linux port by the time the game released, or at least close to...
  8. Diogenes

WWAUT - Heading Into 2016 With Tripwire

With all the balance patches needed (for a long time) and all the crucial content still expected, I wouldn
  9. Diogenes

WWAUT - Heading Into 2016 With Tripwire

Any word on the port for Linux?
  10. Diogenes

I want to like demolitions but...

I think the Varmint is a great starter weapon for commando. The best starter weapon, even. If you go for headshots (and that is the point of commando), its very effective against trash. You can lean of it for the first couple of waves in any difficult, basicaly.
  11. Diogenes

I want to like demolitions but...

"We have a series of demo weapon changes we are looking at, but we wouldn't have enough time to do any testing against them before this update so we held off" I don't understand why the devs won't let the players make the testing, its an early acces after all. The more they try to polish...
  12. Diogenes

KF is not a co-op game anymore

But that is my point, the game already has a lot of variables outside of the control of an individual player, we don't need more of that. But I agree that some interesting skills are just in the shadow of more reliable/efficient skills...
  13. Diogenes

I'll have to disagree about RNG. On the player side (not talking about enemies), there should be the least RGN factor possible. Its just a recipe for frustration. This is not a RPG, and players should know what they can rely on in their side, and what they can't.
  14. Diogenes

"Now I can't be a lone wolf and play exactly the way I want like I did in KF1, so it means the game is not about co-op anymore, somehow". I really don't want to be rude, but a lot of people in these threads sound just like this. Yes, the new meta of KF2 expect the players to work together more...
  15. Diogenes

I'm not saying that there should not be classes that are BETTER at dealing with scrakes and flashpounds, others that should focus on trash, and so on. I remember the times when a lvl5 SS could kill a scrake or flashpound alone with 2, 3 or 4 headshots from the bow (depending on the difficulty...
  16. Diogenes

I really don't know why they put Commando instead of Sharpshooter in the EA release, or didn't bring SS sooner.:confused: It was THE PERK to deal with the big guys.
  17. Diogenes

Its kinda ironic to see people who used to play sharpshooter "lone wolf" saying the game is not focused on co-op anymore.:o The first game was great, but not perfect. They are fixing some obvious problems that we just were used to (to the point we don't consider them problems anymore). Shouls...
  18. Diogenes

welding is not useless, its just not as OP as in KF1. I lost the count of how many times I was kiting, as the last one alive, and wellded a door behind me to make some time to heal and reload all my weapons. Even taking into consideration the teleporting zeds. You can even still use weld for...
  19. Diogenes

The big problem here is that the devs are focusing almost exclusively in releasing the new perks/maps, and pushing the balance patches for later. We don't see many balance patches in between big content updates, do we? Granted, it will be easier to balance everything once all the perks are on...