• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Thaelyn

A little leery about KF2

Thank you for the advice, everyone. My apologies for the seemingly inappropriate comparison.
  2. Thaelyn

A little leery about KF2

Good day, TWI forums. Long time, no see :) As I was exiting a game session within Steam a couple of days ago I ran across an announcement of Killing Floor 2 Early Access. While I have never played the first installment of Killing Floor, I did recognize the title as a Tripwire product and...
  3. Thaelyn

Steam Autumn Sale

That's not the real kick in the pants with Dungeon Defenders, in my opinion. The real thing to worry about is actually the far too rapid pace of patching. It's great that Trendy is patching their game, but to release a patch and re-balance it 4 times within the next couple of days seems a bit...
  4. Thaelyn

RO2 The Future

Fair enough. I just think that you have to, when trying to influence other people, take human nature into account. Human nature will lead fo much of the hyperbole, yes, but it will also lead those reading it to more readily dismiss it as the intellectual equivalent of "Nuh-uh!"
  5. Thaelyn

RO2 The Future

You're absolutely right, but ask yourself this question. Which type of post are you more likely to take note of, one that says (for the sake of example) "I think the number of AVT/MKB weapons should be reduced and limited to only those selected as heroes. These were experimental weapons that...
  6. Thaelyn

How many times have you been killed in the game

Don't have an exact number without going in game, but I can tell you it's a lot higher than my kills. Almost every one of those deaths left me saying "God I suck!" Sometimes I just don't seem to learn. Like when I get sniped and I make it my mission to kill the sniper. Half decent ones will...
  7. Thaelyn

RO2 The Future

I don't think that's what he's saying at all, Echo. He's simply pointing out, and he's absolutely right, that a reasonable post stating what you think is wrong and how you think it would be better will go a lot further than the ridiculous and pointless hyperbole that permeates most every...
  8. Thaelyn

Removing "Edge marker" in Realism mode

Well, it is situational. It's not as some are making out and you get constant flashes of neon saying "ENEMY OVER HERE @ 25 METERS!" If an enemy moves outside your viewable area, but within a realistic range of human peripheral vision (up to about 185 degrees according Alan Wilson in an...
  9. Thaelyn

Suggestion for WeaponProficiencyLevel

+1 for server side options. That way people can tweak things they don't like without TWI having to remove things that other people appreciate.
  10. Thaelyn

Works both ways. Exhibit A:
  11. Thaelyn

Thunder Lightning Call

While I don't know that I think it's needed, challenge and pass could (if implemented and used effectively) add an additional touch of realism. I've no idea about the German or Russian armies use of it, but it's been used in the US army for a long time. As mentioned, though, it would require...
  12. Thaelyn

Adding text to mic symbol.

Would love to see this
  13. Thaelyn

Make the MG's have a lot less recoil, and require two men to operate the belt feed.

Hey, I'm all for finding ways to let people play the role they would like to play, I just think it's best to do so in a way that doesn't kill off another player's opportunity to do the same.
  14. Thaelyn

Make the MG's have a lot less recoil, and require two men to operate the belt feed.

But by giving you the option to play that class, you are removing the option for the MG to be self sufficient. I don't think allowing the (in my estimation) miniscule percentage of the population who would want to play that role the opportunity to do so warrants hamstringing every MG player who...
  15. Thaelyn

What I find odd is that they seem to have less recoil when hip fired than when deployed. At least the MG34 does. I tried it after watching the vid that Cyper posted of the guy playing run & gun with the MG at level 50. My MG34 is unleveled and I had almost no recoil when hip firing. Haven't...
  16. Thaelyn

I don't think the peripheral indicators should be removed, but some tweaking is definitely in order. As has been mentioned, it should activate on movement of friendly as well as enemy soldiers (at one point I thought I was getting it with friendlies, but after paying more attention it turns out...
  17. Thaelyn

About "RO2 Dying"

No, you're not the only one. Another way to end the back and forth between those who want the game changed and those who don't is for the SDK to get finished and people to put it to use. I have absolutely no issue with people making the game the way they want it, I have an issue with people...
  18. Thaelyn

About "RO2 Dying"

I'll point out here, that I did acknowledge the apparent smaller focus on those core elements. I'm not a history buff by any stretch of the imagination, so I will not pretend to have the faintest idea about the prevalence of those weapons in Stalingrad. As I said, though, you cannot retain...
  19. Thaelyn

About "RO2 Dying"

Quite the broad brush you're using there. The core of RO is, in my opinion, a large scale, unforgiving game play with a focus on historical authenticity. These elements are still present in RO2 whether you acknowledge them or not. I will admit, however, that each of these elements exist in a...