• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Lacedaemonius

Interest in helping test Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

I'll put in a request for myself and my mate, though all things being equal he probably deserves the invite more.
  2. Lacedaemonius

Thoughts On the New Forum UI From the People Who Matter

Is it just me or does the design feel remarkably similar to Facebook, and that's before factoring in the tacky new "Like" button? I can't tell if I'm a grumpy old codger or if vBulletin really is the pinnacle of forum aesthetics.
  3. Lacedaemonius

Thoughts On the New Forum UI From the People Who Matter

Let's hear what everyone thinks of the new forums design! I'm not a fan of the color scheme and while I'm skeptical of the return of the reputation system, I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
  4. Lacedaemonius

WWAUT - Bulls-Eye, Onward, and Improving Community Interaction

I haven't been around in a while, so hopefully none of this has already been thoroughly discussed. What I'd really like to see is options for servers (ingame/webadmin/.ini etc.) to force off various player crutches such as crosshairs, auto-aim, dynamic difficulty, etc. I loved the first...
  5. Lacedaemonius

Round In The Chamber?

What really gets me isn't the round in the chamber, at least until we get a low-capacity, high damage, closed-bolt gun, it's the tactical vs. empty reloads. I'll oftentimes reload with only 1 round left to do an empty reload (which tends to be faster imho) only to watch the guy painstakingly...
  6. Lacedaemonius

Thoughts on fleshpound looks

Less scary for reasons not listed.
  7. Lacedaemonius

How do you think Tripwire can stop the use of perk-leveling maps without resorting to

Any competitive game with a high skill ceiling. Look at the whatever's being streamed on Hitbox that's not new release of the week and you'll get a good idea pretty quick.
  8. Lacedaemonius

VOTE Weapon wishlist

For maps, I'd like to see: Waterworks Wyre Farm and uhh... can I just vote for Waterworks a second time? As for characters: Police Sergeant Davin (all we really need Briar with a new voicepack) Harold Hunt Sam Avalon, because his description alludes to some very interesting character kinks...
  9. Lacedaemonius

Anyone beat Hell on Earth >SOLO< yet?

Rattler, I'll agree with you the moment one can access a reliable broadband connection anywhere they can purchase bread. Until then solo should be viable. I'm fine with it not being easy (even by KF standards, which is very difficult by most other standards) and even having a few gamey...
  10. Lacedaemonius

Welcome to the Tripwire Club

Same, I like how it's hidden at the very bottom so you have to actively look for it. It's like our own super sekrit club!
  11. Lacedaemonius

What are your thoughts of Hans in terms of balance?

This would be amazing, and I think could actually be a great gameplay foil. Since every hans-strat I've seen revolves around kiting him, adding a second patriarch (after implementing Gibby's nerfs, obviously) would make kiting more exciting and dynamic, plus the challenge of trying to get a team...
  12. Lacedaemonius

Level Design KF-BioticsLab-UK

Offices is supposed to connect directly to Biolabs, why not combine the two into a single map? That would be something interesting and very different.
  13. Lacedaemonius

What are your thoughts of Hans in terms of balance?

Hans is really pretty shite, especially if you're playing solo. His healing mechanic makes soloing him nearly impossible, and giving him damage resistances at arbitrary moments with no indication is just bad design.
  14. Lacedaemonius

How do you think Tripwire can stop the use of perk-leveling maps without resorting to

They did this already, it was an abject failure. Forcing people to have fun your way and telling them they're not welcome if they don't agree with you is a great idea, I wonder why no one's ever had any success with it before?
  15. Lacedaemonius

This is why we need to see the kick button make a return (that and lobby idlers). It's bad enough that I'm considering hosting my own server.
  16. Lacedaemonius

Why does it even matter? You highlighted possible solutions, but never explained why some people having a higher level is a problem in the first place. More importantly, why should TWI take time away from making the game better to keep some people from having fun? He hath disgraced me, and...
  17. Lacedaemonius

Camp spots has to go

Have you ever played Killing Floor before? It would get everyone to use their 9mm occasionally at least.
  18. Lacedaemonius

Level Design KF-BioticsLab-UK

At this rate by release we'll have a couple dozen variants of biolabs, and maybe one other map from the original.
  19. Lacedaemonius

Beta Map KF-HeavensGatePort_V1

I was so disappointed when this wasn't a remake of HeavensGateMall from BrainBread. Looks very neat though, it'll be cool to see how the stairwell affects gameplay dynamics.
  20. Lacedaemonius

Stat reset? Sure. Achievement reset?!

please no le epic maymays xDDD, this isn't 9gag. Back OT, while I question the necessity of resetting achievements, I'm doubtful as to its significance. Looking at the difficulty progression of KF1, I think it's fair to reason that as perks and weapons are added the game will gradually become...