• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Important perk tips and tricks for players

By the way, whats the best berzerker loadout?

I don't think there is a "best" loadout.

I for example currently like katana + ak47 + m79 + pipes, I think that's a somewhat uncommon loadout, but it works very fine for me.

At higher waves I sometimes take katana + xbow, though. Xbow is pretty reliable for everything except FPs.

Katana + Axe: I don't see the point in this combination. The axe, although more dmg per swing with the higher headshot multiplier, has NO advantage over the katana imho. It's a waste of 5 weight blocks in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I don't think there is a "best" loadout.

I for example currently like katana + ak47 + m79 + pipes, I think that's a somewhat uncommon loadout, but it works very fine for me.

At higher waves I sometimes take katana + xbow, though. Xbow is pretty reliable for everything except FPs.

Katana + Axe: I don't see the point in this combination. The axe, although more dmg per swing with the higher headshot multiplier, has NO advantage over the katana imho. It's a waste of 5 weight blocks in my opinion.

The axe is better only in very specific situations since a level 6 berserker 1 shots everything up to a scrake. I find the axe is more useful when dealing with the scrake and fp. It does the most per swing but not enough to make the fp rage. Since you'd need to wait 2 seconds for the fp's damage counter to reset to prevent raging, the slower swing speed hardly matters.

The axe also stuns scrakes the longest (~3 seconds). Depending on what else is coming for you, you can use the time to deal with trash specimens, or put some distance between you and the rest of the mob. You only need 3 alt-fire head shots to drop a scrake on 6-man suicidal.

Upvote 0
Yes, I agree. Just the combination of the two carried together is a waste of space, imho.

Yes, it's pretty much personal preference and play style when it comes to those two.

At minimum, you should take one of these weapons, plus a handcannon. You could ditch the handcannon and take something a bit bigger in the later waves if you really want to, and you have the cash to get it and get back on your feet if you die and respawn.

Upvote 0
Yes, it's pretty much personal preference and play style when it comes to those two.

At minimum, you should take one of these weapons, plus a handcannon. You could ditch the handcannon and take something a bit bigger in the later waves if you really want to, and you have the cash to get it and get back on your feet if you die and respawn.

I don't know.....the LAR is also very cheap, is very powerful, and easy to headshot with.

Would a Handcannon or LAR be better?

Upvote 0
I don't know.....the LAR is also very cheap, is very powerful, and easy to headshot with.

Would a Handcannon or LAR be better?

Personal preference again.

A LAR does outdamage a HC and can stun a husk, but the HC can shoot faster and kill more crawlers. I'd say it depends on the map or wave. :IS2:

EDIT: Hang on, you can fit HC, LAR and katana in your inventory. woot.

Upvote 0
Well tbh (i'm prolly gonna be roasted for saying this) The bullpup is piss weak on suicidal, even with headshots, but it has such a huge clip it can compensate for it, but I much prefer the AK...

And when it comes to zerker, it's either katana + HC or Katana + Flamer

Flamer is a really bad idea in CQB, because you manage to burn yourself... How you manage to use it effectively, I don't know.

And the pup is pretty weak in the later waves of sucidal, so for that reason, I take the AK. Playing a 6 man on westlondon today, I've been using the pup for up to wave 5, and it was just fine. It's sooper effective until the scrakes start rolling in.

/roast

Upvote 0
Well tbh (i'm prolly gonna be roasted for saying this) The bullpup is piss weak on suicidal, even with headshots, but it has such a huge clip it can compensate for it, but I much prefer the AK...

I also wonder.....how would you use a flamer effectively as a zerker?

You would have low ammo and loadsa weight. You would have to take time to switch back to katana due to switching animation, and would get yourself burned.

However, this may be another lost strategy that requires refined practice down to a tee which allows for masters of said art to become killing machines.

Or there could be a simple way to do it, and it just hasn't occured to me yet.

Upvote 0

Damn straight i'm gonna roast ya

It's a magazine, not a clip.

Even Call of Killstreaks: Modern Semtex 2 got that right.

Upvote 0
I've also done the katana / flamethrower combination some times as Berserker, but not on suicidal.

On normal and hard, you can one-tap crawlers, clots and stalkers even without Firebug perk. They will die. Keep in mind though that against the bigger zeds you have to rely on your katana (or on your team mates), as the flamethrower is obviously too weak for them.

If you are careful and know how to use it properly the damage taken by burning can be minimalized. But I wouldn't use it on office or biolabs for example.

Laugh about it, but I levelled my Firebug this way, because switching to the Firebug perk would give me too many disadvantages over the Berserker perk for the small benefit of more damage and not burn myself. Takes a longer way to bring it up to Lvl5/6, though.

Upvote 0
I prefer Katana/HC over the LAR. Sure the LAR is powerful, but once you expended all ammo in your mag it takes years to reload the thing unless you're a commando/SS.

The HC still kills crawlers in one shot too(besides suicidal, that takes two.)
Yeah, and Desert Eagle have penetration too, so you don't have to worry about clot blocking your bullet.

Upvote 0
LAR does more damage per shot than an m14. I'd rather just use all that money to make LAR stockpiles all over the map, heh.

Another thing I forgot to mention about the LAR is the LAR jump. You can break your fall by shooting the LAR before you land from a high drop. Of course this is only really useful on maps with vertical space like Office of Foundry. With this trick (or glitch rather lol), you can even survive a drop from the 3rd floor on Offices. And best of all, you don't even have to shoot at the ground, you shoot anywhere to break your fall so you can do some fancy jump out the window, shoot the specimen following you to make yourself look cool shot.

Upvote 0
LAR does more damage per shot than an m14. I'd rather just use all that money to make LAR stockpiles all over the map, heh.

Another thing I forgot to mention about the LAR is the LAR jump. You can break your fall by shooting the LAR before you land from a high drop. Of course this is only really useful on maps with vertical space like Office of Foundry. With this trick (or glitch rather lol), you can even survive a drop from the 3rd floor on Offices. And best of all, you don't even have to shoot at the ground, you shoot anywhere to break your fall so you can do some fancy jump out the window, shoot the specimen following you to make yourself look cool shot.
Sure it does more damage per shot, but i hardly think you can fire 20 bullets in a matter of a few seconds with the LAR.

Upvote 0