• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

There will be vehicles

I love the combined arms maps the most.

I think the main problem for the combined ones of larger sizes is the generally poor communication and organization going on. Looks like HoS might get Battlefield 2142 style HUD stuff for teams and leaders. That sort of thing might help out the fun in getting things more organized when having infantry appear in the larger maps.

Had loads of fun with a friend last night on one of those nice medium sized misty wintery Ardennes villages in Darkest Hour. We had a Panther and advanced with our infantry facing sneaky Shermans and Bazooka infantry.

Shorter view distances favor infantry a lot, while open flat spaces are very tank-like. More concealment and trickier terrain plays down the large power advantage tanks otherwise posses.

Manned AT guns can help out vs vehicles and armor alike. WW2 online has them, and they are quite exciting. Perhaps something simpler than that could be implemented. Pre-determined spots, but in many places, and AT infantry being able to get a gun to spawn there (appearing from beneath the ground slowly) so they don't show up everywhere unmapped, creeping out the tank crews.

Reactions: Apos
Upvote 0
just cause it says vehicles doesn't mean tanks for sure. yeah even when you combine serperate sentences to add shooting range + vehicles, you could use a halftrack or clown car on a target range with their mgs. all i want it to say "there will be tanks." then i'll be relieved. ;)

I know a lot of us =OF=ers will be crying in the fetal position if there aren't any, LOL

Upvote 0