• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

There will be vehicles

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
O'shannon quoted it, and i plainly looked over it. So i post it here as well for others :p

Offline Challenges – Online Achievements: Offline challenges such as the shooting range and assault courses let the player learn and hone their skills to perfection with all of the weapons, vehicles, and features in the game. Training with different challenges to achieve awards, win competitions and improve their skills the player can pit their best times/scores against the rest of the online gaming community.

And from the linkedin of one of the devs:
Also designed and developed an extensible heads up display system, save game system, and special interactions system for taking cover, climbing ladders, entering vehicles, etc.

Last edited:
i was reading that article on that russian site that talked about the game and the devs trip to volgagrad and noticed some interesting things. mentioned having urban fighting as well as open maps in the surrounding areas of the city. if i remember right, they mentioned it would include opperations blue, uranus, and little saturn. just reading up a little bit on the opperations, it seems as though there will be a good mix of maps that could include some nice tank and CA battles.

Upvote 0
If armour/vehicles are implemented in HoS - i'm wondering what would be the typical tri count and tex map size would be for them ( or if they aren't, the likely acceptable valves for any you wish to add )

Is it likely to be similar numbers to vehicles in most UE3 games - or phaps as would you might expect somewhat less to account for the numbers and general game complexity? ( in the same way that RO was probably the most demanding UE2 title )

Of course, there may also be a far more detailed level of coding if new additional attributes of the tanks are to be added.

Upvote 0