• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Possibility: Officer perk?

Okay, I heard this suggestion coming from the front-aka from the playersd themselves. I think we'd better consider it, or we will appear as only trying to put our own ideas into the game, and as trying to disregard the average player for the sake of 'leets'. Which, unfortunately, is true for a few unnamed people.

So here it is: the officer perk. This one is another team-based perk along with the medic. This one, instead of healing, however, can boost the damage, visuals, speed, zed-time, ect., of his teammates. Of course, when I asked for weapons, I was told such ideas as 'airraids' which I feel could get very....annoying. The airraid thing is up to you guys in weither it's good or bad.

This I think would be a pretty cool perk, capable of some real potential.

But, if we decide not to give it it's own perk, should we give such boostings to the medic?
That's my personal choice.

Interesting idea, kinda like the soldier in TF2 really.

My stance on new perks is Killing Floor pretty much has all the variances it needs on perks and how they work. Alot of new perk ideas kinda seem a little gimmicky and dont really fill any gaps that aren't already covered.

Closest one I've come to thinking would be a good idea is the gunslinger/pistoleer/dualaist (pick your name), to make dual wielding weapons have more of a point in the game. Other than that, I dont really think there is much point to adding more perks, as they almost always cause me to frown and question them.

Good idea though, its something a little more unique and could offer something to the game, but IMO the secret weapon of medics is their heals and their survivability against the damage output of the other classes. And this is something the Medic is really good at.

So to answer your question, a new perk would need alot more than just the ability to jsut buff his teamates for a short time, and a medic has enough responsibility and power as is without giving him this as well.

Only way I would swing with it, is if elements of the Dualist were combined with this ability.

Upvote 0
I think we'd better consider it, or we will appear as only trying to put our own ideas into the game, and as trying to disregard the average player for the sake of 'leets'. Which, unfortunately, is true for a few unnamed people.

Personally, I never reject idea(s) based on who it comes from. Rather, I would challenge the idea and give the person a chance to prove their idea has potential. I understand your concern for individuals that ignore newbie's ideas. There are logical reasons behind this, in most cases [99%], a newbie does not know enough about the game to give realistic ideas/suggestions. There is always the 1% to consider but the problem is once a individual go through 99 unacceptable suggestions/ideas they get frustrated and discredit future ideas without actually understanding the concept of the new idea itself. It's unfortunate but true.

As for the officer perk; I admit it has potential but personally I don't think it fits into the atmosphere that Killing Floor has already created. Secondly, what kind of weapons would the officer have?

IMO the secret weapon of medics is their heals and their survivability against the damage output of the other classes.
It's a combination of their speed [which is transferable regardless of weapon used], healing frequencey and their ridiculous armor bonuses that help them survive.

Upvote 0