• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Yeh engineer is my fav but am just working my way through medic at the mo. I just gotta get the damn m60!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I think TWi need to introduce some kind of small scale destruction or risk being over-looked for being too old-skool! Need to get with the times PRONTO!

Oh god M60 is so annoying that I think it should be nerfed :eek: It even destroys snipers at long range :D

Upvote 0
Yeah the M60 is just been badly balanced, if you look at the stats here it does around 10 more dmg (25 compared to ~10-16) than other automatic weapons, with only (excluding sniper rifles) the G3, M14, & M1 + the revolver and 1911 doing similar or more damage but apart from the G3 theyre all semi auto.

Comparing it to the G3, its almost identical and only major difference is the ammo capacity which is a huge advantage.

Comparing it to other LMGs to see how they've attempted to balance it, apart from having a slightly lower fire rate the only major difference is the greater AMP, the longer you fire it the more and more the kick will have an effect and mess up the aim, but this doesnt really help spamming it at close range and quickly clicking lmb at long range seems limit any amp/kick while still getting enough rounds out to be useful and is much more effective compared to taking slower better aimed shots.

Also on that page its worth noting the bullet drop, most guns + the 'recon rifles' (T88, VSS & SVU?) fire in code terms a standard bullet that has almost no bullet drop. Only the M24, SV-98, GOL, and Slug Shotguns that fire the Sniper_Bullet have a fake gravity bullet drop. The HMG and M95 firing the HMG_Bullet also have roughly the same drop but they can also damage light armour.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am going to come out and admit i was wrong about this. I went into the game with the wrong attitude, coupled with playing a handful of maps in conquest mode.

After playing rush for the past few days the game has come into its own for me. The maps seem much bigger and far more intense, i have yet to play this with my buddies in a squad so i can only assume this will get better when i do.

Upvote 0
Good to hear you didn't waste your money Dcode mate :).

Now shazzamm my best scores to date... :D

This was from today on the splat server. Not on HC mode.

BFBC2Game2010-03-1619-17-52-29.jpg

BFBC2Game2010-03-1619-28-35-35.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bad Company 2 is the single greatest MP expierence ive had since playing the original BF1942 MP demo on Wake Island. I don't know if its because ive been playing with a life long friend but man ive lost count of all the water cooler moments ive had so far. Also, if you're Recon on Offense you're ****ing wrong. Correction, if you're Recon period you're ****ing wrong! :cool:

Upvote 0
Is there some way we can organize a kind-of RO BFBC2 group? I'd do it on Steam, but I didn't get the game through steam so that wouldn't work very well....

You can add non-steam games to steam game list. My games -> Games -> Add a non-Steam game to my games list. It also shows it in the steam friends interface that what you're playing, even though some games (obviously if you let's say put 10 year old game to steam) doesn't really like the friends interface being activated in middle of the game :p

Upvote 0
i am one of the ones experiencing connection problems. i went away for spring break after the launch week thinking great it will give them plenty of time to fix this ****e. well just got back and NOTHING. i can connect to a game maybe 1/15 times. so ****ing annoying.

I have the same problem. The work around i use is to sort the servers by name and only connect to the multiplay.co.uk servers. Most of them seem to work for me.

I know your from the states but you can apply this for any major hosting company in your area.

Upvote 0
patch is out! no SecuROM. wooooooooo. hope this also fixes all the connection issues. going to try.

EDIT: pings still dont show up unless in admin mode, still no filter option for hardcore, server browser still loads servers slow as butt unless u hit cancel, SecuROM registry entry still in registry and apparently undeletable unless bc2 is uninstalled, and worst of all I STILL CANNOT ****ING CONNECT

Massive Failure

Last edited:
Upvote 0