• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What else can we do?

What else can we do?

I'd say beat the hell out anyone arguing on this forum.

1204210557_police-beating-hindus2.jpg

Make it our responsibility to punish those who take mindless killing of sentient clones too seriously!

bhagalpuratrocity.jpg

And then shut up and go back to KF.

Seriously KF is not a game to argue on, no matter who you are, you look stupid no matter how intelligent the post is. This game is so mindless and straight up random that sitting and asking questions gets you killed
(*cough* testing with Beniox).
There is no such thing as cheating in KF, only finding the "god spots" and when you find these god spots its up to you if you chose the mortal path or the immortal path. It is not a competition game it is a mindless game, with sense of direction but everywhere, You don't go forward in this game, you go crazy in this game. You people here insulting each and such need to shut up! SHUT UP!

WHEN I PLAYED KF IN MOD DAYS IT WAS BECAUSE EVERYONE WAS SO COOL AND HILARIOUS, START BEING HILARIOUS AND STOP BEING SERIOUS.

Why so serious? Games these days are breeding too serious gamers who don't know what gaming is. When a game is made to be serious you'll notice its very serious, seriously speaking, play kf and ask yourself, what am I seriously doing, seriously? Just killing some specimens and staying alive, YES! This game is suppose to be just that KILL KILL KILL KILL STAY ALIVE LAUGH KILL KILL OOPS HE DIED KILL KILL HELL BE BACK WELL HELP HIM HAVE FUN KILL.

WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO:

STFU about perks
STFU about balance
STFU about exploits and maps
STFU about sharpshooters
STFU about bad team mates
STFU

what can you guys do with servers?:

Make more fun ones rather than ones that just have to have perks.
Servers will hilarious amount of waves and specimens.
FUN Servers.
Modded Servers
Less perk servers more FUN servers

Really this is what I think of KF right now, all about perks, back then in mod days, basicly no one even thought of perks, most people who played the mod first didn't even know perks existed until a few months later, and when they found out (just like me) they didn't care because the game is hilarious.

Almost all of you are too serious, too serious about a non serious enjoyment, "E-N-J-O-Y-M-E-N-T." FOR GOODNESS SAKE, YOU ARE HUMAN BEINGS WITH MINDS, GET CREATIVE OR SOMETHING MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN FUN, TWI GAVE YOU THE GAME NOW YOU MAKE FUN OUT OF IT.

Its not up to them to tell you, you are having fun, its up to you. It's up to you to make law only maps with law only mutator with 100s of specimens coming at you on some minefield in some base. Its up to you to make a very very large indoor non professional, humongously claustophobic map that keeps you in terror because you can't see anything and everything is so close. IT IS UP TO YOU. DLC COMES IN MONTHS, YOUR FUN COMES ANYTIME, MAKE SOME IDEAS.

For goodness sake do some gmod funny stuff or something if you are bored. I could even make a gravity gun and some stuff to throw just so people could find some more fun. It's not all about the perks, balance, and polish maps you know?

BlackCheetah

http://www.hindujagruti.org/news/out/images/1204210557_police-beating-hindus2.jpg

Upvote 0
No one has answered me really.

If there is no "Stalker only" whitelisted mutator for commandos

Logically, there should be no "bloat or clot only" mutator for sharpshooters.

It's far too easy to line all of the same specimen up and xbow them for 6 headshots per bolt.

A while back someone thought I was actually asking for a stalker only mutator which is exactly the opposite of what I want. I want there to be no stalker only mutator ALONG WITH no whitelisted one specimen mutator.

As for "making the game harder to level up, don't tell people how to play" you have to agree with me that it makes no sense that there are whitelisted "headshot" mutators and not whitelisted "stalker" mutators.

Nope I don't have to agree with you. Unfortunately all the specimens have heads. So if we're gonna have mutators there's always going to be that possibility for fast levelling. Those mutators aren't there specifically as headshot farmers, that's just a side effect.

why is blackcheetah not a moderator

You realise he said what everyone else was saying from the start and is actually disagreeing with you right?

Lighten up and enjoy the game is what I've been getting at from the start.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You realise he said what everyone else was saying from the start and is actually disagreeing with you right?

lol well this whole whitelisting debate wouldn't be heated if people didn't tell me and bswearer to stfu about it and that it wasn't important. so technically i just want everyone to stfu as well.

especially since i dont really need to post my opinions on the matter anymore. at least, here.

Upvote 0
People who play on easy leveling maps, max out, play for a week at suicidal then quit playing altogether don't do this community any good.

Exactly. Their "lifetime" in KF will be a month of non-stop grinding, a week of so called serious gameplay and then quit. Where do we need players like this..?

My point is, the average player likes to win. And by leveling up their perks, they are less likely to die. And more likely to win. Therefore, the Average player likes to level up their perks.

Thats why you start up in normal (or beginner), and advance through the difficulties once you gain levels... I mean, its not like you would keep dying on beginner, its next to impossible to die there.

man your gunna get blasted

He would, if there was no moderators around :)

and then you WIN.

Somehow I doubt that if you spend your whole time leveling perks instead of actually playing the game.

you're not going to prevent him from busting through that door without at least 2 welders, and if they're not high level supports you won't be killing him before they die from blast damage unless you have at least one sharpshooter above

Ehem. You take one sharpshooter, camp in the small window next to the door, and blast a crossbow bolt in his head when he is charging up the rocket launcher. That would cause him to kneel and escape for heal, never being able to blow the door up. When the difficulty and player count rises, he will be harder to kill - yes - but even in a 6 man game you can cause him to kneel before he damages the door. I think we've all witnessed that when welding the patriarch inside a room in Office or similar.

Tho Im not entirely sure how many players can be shooting through the window at the same time.

WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO:

STFU about perks
STFU about balance
STFU about exploits and maps
STFU about sharpshooters
STFU about bad team mates
STFU

Eh, if the community doesnt report about balance issues, bugs, glitches and exploits, we cant expect Tripwire to find and fix them. The forums are here for a reason.

Even your versus mod wouldnt go anywhere if we kept our mouths shut about any problems in the mod :)

But nice speech otherwise, and I agree that this conversation/argument is pointless and someone should lock it or something. (And yet Im bravely commenting on it all the time, strange huh)

Upvote 0
Person suggests to take away cheap leveling tactics

People get threatened

Actual cheap levelers comment saying they don't want their cheap leveling tactics removed

Genuine players agree

Genuine players disagree

Person who originally suggested idea thinks that there are too many flaws in the game and it's really to late to do anything about it considering the game's age

I hope these issues will be resolved for KF2 :)

</thread>

Upvote 0
Actual cheap levelers comment saying they don't want their cheap leveling tactics removed

Genuine players agree
Genuine players disagree

I hope these issues will be resolved for KF2 :)
</thread>

QFT

with a moo moo here and a moo moo there. here a moo there a moo everywhere a moo moo
that's the only thing I need to say to prove that the mutators need to be removed from the whitelist.

Old Patriarch had a farm. Clot, clot, clot, clot, clot!
And on this farm he had a scrake. clot, clot, clot, clot, clot!
With a bloat, bloat here. and a bloat, bloat there.
Here a bloat, there a bloat, everywhere a SIREN.
Old Patriarch had a farm. Clot, clot, clot, clot, clot.

That's the only thing I need to say to prove that the mutators need to remain on the whitelist.
I love how the "Genuine" players all accuse each other of trolling. and ignore the REAL trolls. Those TWI guys. Their very absence from this discussion perpetuates our petty squabbles.

Upvote 0
I tend to play the game 'naturally' as it were, and with all classes roughly equally, reflected i guess in being lev 4s across the board with just med @ lev 5.

However, when i note that certain perk is close to levelling up, i sometimes finish the job on a FP only server. I don't do this with med or SS, which seem to rise when playing any class naturally anyway, but do with the damage releated perks.

Why? well I tend to join a game choosing a class that fits the map and the serves the team best - i want us to have fun and (only just) survive.
What i don't want to do is play pre-occupied with my leveling, which i know i can't help when i'm close to the target.

I don't see that there's anything much wrong with that; but i certainly don't care if some ppl do because my money is just as good as theirs, as well of as that of those who consistantly level up on easier servers.

If the devs decided to blacklist these mutators I wouldn't lose any sleep, but seeing as i'm not bothering anyone else (or at least wasn't until this post), I would be very disappointed if my freedom to play like this was removed as a result of pressure from a desgruntled gang who demand the game tailored to standards that they deem themselves important enough to set.

It has been said that the problem is high level players turning out to be rubbish and ruining games, thus arousing the suspicion that they must have levelled up artificially, but this is irrelevant - bad players can turn up on any difficulty server with any rank.

I think we all know that what it's really about is resentment from ppl who have done things what they see as the 'hard way', ( though i would imagine playing defence 24/7 to be a major pain in the arse) who want to stand out from the crowd with their maxed out perks, and feel some of the shine is taken from their acheivements by players who used shortcuts.

Whist i do understand where their coming from, i don't think i'd ever let it wind me up to a point where i was demanding how ppl should be allowed to play the game.
After all, whether you levelled naturally or not, the rank is not a true reflection of quality but merely an indication you have simply played the game a hell of a lot.
Now i've played a lot of games a hell of a lot, i've been an video game addict most of my life.
But the idea that this somehow means you're due respect? nah sorry i'm not getting that at all.

Upvote 0
i know i said i wouldn't argue anymore, but:

[URL="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=555495&postcount=298"][URL]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=555495&postcount=298[/URL][/URL]

arguement for specimen-only mutators - /end
arguement for KF-defenceb2 - /end

Hmm, never knew about the Defence FP exploit.

I will agree that Defence is an annoyingly easy map on anything below Suicidal (with Hard as an exception depending upon player-status and intelligence). I do not agree, however, with removing mutators. Sure, remove any perk exp from a mutator specific game, but don't remove mutators all-together.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Given the game is in servere terminal decline after a jolly good run I would leave it alone. As Nano has demonstrated these 'heinous' maps/ mutators that gets a small minority so worked up into frenzy actually mean new players can get a hand up quickly so the can advance the beginner level and join all you vets. Surely that's a good thing. It means you still have a player base. Kill that turbo levelling off and they'll give up and you'll have no one to play with. But maybe that's what you want...

Personally to me it just does not matter. All the good mappers have moved on. KF is not going to get any better. What you see is what you get now. If I was TWI I wouldn't bother supporting it with new content. There would be no ROI. Expect a bug/ balance fix but that's your lot. They really should get on with HoS now.

It's sad, but he's right. I've pretty much given up on the game. It was fun while it lasted, but the good mappers have moved on, there's not a lot of mod work outside of Blackcheetah and Dests' stuff, and the community is pretty stale.

There's a sharp divide in the community, really. Newbies are overwhelmed and the veterans are bored. TWI is sitting on their thumbs right now, probably focusing on RO. They've known about the balance issues. It hasn't been a priority. So the community is staying frustrated, hoping that a balance patch will magically fix everything that's going wrong.

It's not going to. This topic in and of itself shows how much the community is falling apart. Without anything new to focus on, the community just starts tearing itself apart, picking at everything.

I'll pop in a bit, but for the most part, I'm gonna take a break from the game and see where it ends up in 2-3 months. Hopefully it'll be better than I expected...

Upvote 0
honestly, the only reason KF is so limited in terms of muts and mods is because of the perks.

the only reason there are so few (used) mods is because barely any are whitelisted, the only reason there is a whitelist is because of the perks.

if there was no leveling system in KF, the mods and re-playability factor would increase tremendously. games like counter strike have been going strong for several years and do just fine without anything to separate people like ranks or perks. also, cs is one of the most modded games out there and is still played to this day because of that.

Upvote 0