• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

What kind of pings do you guys get? I always seem to get about 200 ms regardless of the server, or the ping it shows in the server browser.

I've got a couple of US servers that I play on that are usually around 60-90 ms ping, but then I also see most everything else as 100-250 ms ping. It feels the same playing on any server, really, whatever the ping is.

Upvote 0
Thought I would add. Hardcore is enormous fun. Drop the kiddy HUD and ramp up the dmg. Plays greats. Looks beautiful and destructables are the future. Hell of a lot of fun with some chums. Rush encourages big defensive hold outs. Conquest is classic BF we all know and love. The unlocks and levelling is not a bastard (like KF) so you feel like you are progressing and you get new stuff quickly. It's geared so if you flip classes it still does not feel like you are being left behind. Squad spawns keep you in thick of the action so if you die no more 5 mile tabs at respawn only to die again. Kill assists add to the leveling lovely. Basically the game is a thing of pc beauty. And that's from a 1942 vet.

Upvote 0
Thought I would add. Hardcore is enormous fun. Drop the kiddy HUD and ramp up the dmg. Plays greats. Looks beautiful and destructables are the future. Hell of a lot of fun with some chums. Rush encourages big defensive hold outs. Conquest is classic BF we all know and love. The unlocks and levelling is not a bastard (like KF) so you feel like you are progressing and you get new stuff quickly. It's geared so if you flip classes it still does not feel like you are being left behind. Squad spawns keep you in thick of the action so if you die no more 5 mile tabs at respawn only to die again. Kill assists add to the leveling lovely. Basically the game is a thing of pc beauty. And that's from a 1942 vet.

How are the iron sights for shotguns and grenade launchers in HC mode? Any different from normal?

Upvote 0
Less vehicle spam is great. I always hated how the older battlefield games put too much focus on vehicles and grabbing as many as possible.

In rush does the attacker have limited resources IE RO had a set amount of reinforcements and sometimes even a certain about of tanks would spawn. I know it didn't play a big factor until toward the end of the game but I will tell you the best RO games I've ever had were down to the wire with reinforcements. It was just badass to be one of the last people alive and win the game with 0% reins. I doubt this game has that but I can wish.
The answer is yes!

In rush the defender has unlimited reinforcements whereas the attacker has 75. However the attacker will recoup their losses each time they take ground. There are three positions across the map, each position has two targets A and B, the attackers must take and destroy both of these before moving on to the next position. Their reinforcements will not regenerate until they take both A and B.

So for example, attacking team gets down to 10 reinforcements left while attacking a position, but once they destroy targets A and B they get all 75 reinforcements back and then proceed to the next position. So the attack can be down to the wire at several points, with the last few guys left desperatley rallying to get the targets knocked over and proceed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Pharnakes looks like us guys who missed out on the beta are out of luck, no demo. :(

The gameplay looks pretty solid, much better than CoD4, but I'm still hesistant about getting this. I've been watching some gameplay videos and it seems that you need at least half a magazine to kill someone, and that sucks. That certainly gave me a bad taste in BF2 and CoD4. That's what is holding me back the most. I've heard rumours about a "Hardcore" mode, but so far I haven't found any videos nor much information about it. Is it such a rare gamemode?

Other than that the game looks good.

Upvote 0
Its a fun, arcady shooter with some pretty good graphics, bullet penetration and destructable structures that all seem to work pretty well.

If:
  • soldiers speeding around with superhuman running/jumping abilities...
  • soldiers jumping from roofs and second stories, pulling a parachute and floating down to the ground...
  • getting stabbed from 5 feet away (and sometimes through walls)
  • no weapon recoil...
  • bunny hopping
(to name a few issues) doesn't bother you, then the game is a blast. I only played BF2 once or twice so I can't compare the gameplay. Nor have I made my way over to a Hardcore server yet, so my observations are strictly public generic play.

Its still fun. I'm not a big stat/perk/unlock fan (especially when a player is rewarded with game changing perks/abilities).
However, with some realism tweaks, the game could be a blast.

Upvote 0
So I got it, single player was short, voer the top and a blast anyway, pretty much like I expected. 10minutes of multiplayer and it seems pretty solid, iron sights are plenty accurate, I haven't seen a single bunny or knife kill and 3-4 bullets are enough for a kill, 1-2 in the head or torso. Possibly the fact I've only used the PKM so far gives me a slightly skewed look on the weapon accuracy and damage, maybe ARs are much harder to kill with.

Overall very fun and probably worth it.

Upvote 0