• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Last I checked, they still didn't do bullet physics and used hit scan... so not sure where you are pulling that from. But on that note I found the beta very fun, debating on the full game now.

In BF1942 bullets naturally had their own speed, so if target was moving you had to aim ahead depending on the distance. It also was the case in BC2 beta (haven't played any other BF after 1942, until I got the beta key) and several BF42 mods did model bullet drop aswell.

So the game engine supports it, even if more accurate physics were absent.

Upvote 0
Oh god, I'm hooked as I expected. Just finished unlocking the whole Engineer weapons/gadgets. My fav. weapons so far has to be AKS-74U with 4x Scope, PP-2000 with red dot coming in second.

This game rocks . . . if you can get through the horrible Server Browser, and connect a server.

Upvote 0
I keep getting the urge to buy it but then sanity comes in and I decide against it, this has been a constant battle these last days.

I mean, it looks awesome, I love the level of environment destruction and the physics. But it's just not my type of gameplay, just run and gun and pretty explosions from what I can tell from the videos. Call me a boring git opposed to "fun" - but I can't stand MW2 and the like and this doesn't seem too far from that anyway.

And the DRM, I don't care about SecuROM that much but the online hassle seems over the top:

INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. ACCESS TO ONLINE FEATURES AND/OR SERVICES REQUIRES AN EA ONLINE ACCOUNT AND REGISTRATION WITH THE ENCLOSED SINGLE-USE SERIAL CODE. REGISTRATION FOR ONLINE FEATURES IS LIMITED TO ONE EA ACCOUNT PER SERIAL CODE AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE ONCE USED

So people btch about Ubisoft but this seems practically the same to me?

However if there's ever a Project Reality for this I'd be all over it, and I suspect there some day will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh man! This is the best game Ive ever played!!!!

I went straight to multiplayer and all the maps were awesome! It was nice to play the one from the demo again as everyone was familiar with it and the gameplay was really aggressive!!

After ranking up a bit, I thought Id give the single-payer a try. And again I was completely taken by surprise by the design of the game. The firefights are superb and laid out realistically to make up for dumb AI. And its beautifully scripted and the voice acting is also top notch!

The only reason I stopped playing was because I wanted to give the PS3 a rest!

This game is unputdownable!!!! :D

Upvote 0
It's very addicting. Especially when you play with comms. I play with my brother a lot and good communication makes it soo much better.

My favorite mode so far is conquest. Rush is fun, but conquest offers a bit more freedom while still having a team goal (besides just eliminating the other team).

I love this game.

Upvote 0
I decided to be all nit-picky and ordered this online for 38 euros even though I could have bought it from a store for 10 euros more. Now I have to wait till next Tuesday. OH WELL.

How's the mod support, though? I read Dice saying that it might come later...I mean, the potential of BC2's engine would be wasted if there is no chance for a WW1/WW2 or a sci-fi mod.

Upvote 0
I decided to be all nit-picky and ordered this online for 38 euros even though I could have bought it from a store for 10 euros more. Now I have to wait till next Tuesday. OH WELL.

How's the mod support, though? I read Dice saying that it might come later...I mean, the potential of BC2's engine would be wasted if there is no chance for a WW1/WW2 or a sci-fi mod.

Mod support == nada, nill, zero, zip.

Upvote 0
It is indeed a great game and I am loving it too, I have nearly fully leveled up my Assault class (about 3/4 of the way to getting M16A2). There's only a few things that annoy me.

- Server browser, worst I have ever seen, makes me go waaaarrrrggghhhhh :mad:

- Mouse support to me seems a little patchy, I have my sensitivity set at 70 for general shooting. But when I aim down a scope on any weapon it is hyper sensitive and fine movement is impossible. Is there any way around this?

- COMBAT KNIFE, that whole Modern Warfare thing. Where a knife is a melee insta kill even when you are in the process of emptying an assault rifle into the persons face. I hated it back then and I still hate it now :mad:

Overall pretty damn awesome game, although strangely for me it performs like a dog, I have a C2D E6600, 2GB RAM and a GTX280 and I can only just run the game comfortably on low. Something tells me my CPU isn't holding up it's end.

Upvote 0
So is this game worth buying for the PC?

Some people are comparing it to Modern Warfare which I hate with a passion. COD 1 was the only good game in the franchise and the rest descended into console hell.

I played the demo on the xbox 360 and it seemed fun but the map was way too small. I can't stand small maps especially with tanks. I've heard there is a conquest mode that has bigger maps and supports more players. How big are those maps compared to say BF1942 or RO:OST? In conquest mode is it the same old BF formula ala vehicle whore and spawn kill? I got tired of that happening in every new BF game, you spawn and get shot in the face by a tank.

Upvote 0
- COMBAT KNIFE, that whole Modern Warfare thing. Where a knife is a melee insta kill even when you are in the process of emptying an assault rifle into the persons face. I hated it back then and I still hate it now :mad:

This. And I hate the instant switch.

And if your not close enough for a knife kill, be prepared to die from an M1911A pistol. Strange how 10 rounds to the chest from the assault rifle won't bring your opponent down, but a single shot from a (virtually recoiless) .45 will bring you down.

Upvote 0
So is this game worth buying for the PC?

Some people are comparing it to Modern Warfare which I hate with a passion. COD 1 was the only good game in the franchise and the rest descended into console hell.

I played the demo on the xbox 360 and it seemed fun but the map was way too small. I can't stand small maps especially with tanks. I've heard there is a conquest mode that has bigger maps and supports more players. How big are those maps compared to say BF1942 or RO:OST? In conquest mode is it the same old BF formula ala vehicle whore and spawn kill? I got tired of that happening in every new BF game, you spawn and get shot in the face by a tank.
I'd say yes, it has flaws and isn't perfect but it is a very good game. I think it completely destroys MW and MW2.

You have to bear in mind that the map in the demo was half a rush map, in the retail there is a whole other part of that map before you get to the town. There are much bigger maps for conquest and the other game types. Size wise I'd say the conquest maps compare roughly to BF1942 in size, though some are a touch smaller. In the rush game type maps are somewhat smaller however they still play well. Rush is more like a push type RO map where you have to take the objectives sequentially. Personally it's my favourite as it focusses the fighting and you really do have to use tactics etc.

One thing I really like is the balance of vehicles vs infantry. In older Battlefield games you had like 5 guys on foot per side being pulverized from every direction by tanks, apcs, choppers and jets. In BFBC2 vehicles are much more scarce, depending upon map your team might have one or two fighting vehicles and some basic transport. It feels much less like a game of vehicle spam than any of the other Battlefield games.

The fighting in standard mode feels a little similar to MW but there is much more range involved and accurate shooting is rewarded. In hardcore it plays really nice, a small burst will knock anyone over and you have to use cover and be careful or you will get smashed.

Lastly, the destruction is unbelieveable!!! Not only in the way it looks but the way it impacts strategy. eg. Enemy has the entrance to that warehouse choked, then lets just blow a freaking hole in the wall :D

Personally I'd say 8/10 for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Less vehicle spam is great. I always hated how the older battlefield games put too much focus on vehicles and grabbing as many as possible.

In rush does the attacker have limited resources IE RO had a set amount of reinforcements and sometimes even a certain about of tanks would spawn. I know it didn't play a big factor until toward the end of the game but I will tell you the best RO games I've ever had were down to the wire with reinforcements. It was just badass to be one of the last people alive and win the game with 0% reins. I doubt this game has that but I can wish.

Upvote 0
The PC version is a mess.

The game has been out a few days and I had to download a 300MB patch before i could see any servers. The game still does not work properly.

Connection problems abound. I have only connected to 3 servers and all of them had a ping of 100+ for everyone.

The interface is buggy with text overlaying itself (might be my resolution 2560x1600) and parts of the map screen disappeared at one point.

The game is good fun though, and the graphics are impressive. Just wish i could play the damn thing.

Frustrating.

Upvote 0
Apparently EA's Master Server is overloaded, resulting in all sorts of connection/server browser problems. They even instructed Server Providers to stop renting servers until they fix the overload problem.

The best way to play ATM is to find a good server, favourite it and stick with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0