• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dying weapon firing and "dancing"

Yep, but here comes into action what I suggested in some other threads yet. Let's say you're shot in your legs, you should fall to the ground, when doing this while sprinting you should get some shellshock when crashing on to the ground. Now let's say, as it's not fatal you are still alive, but you are unable to get up for like 10-15 secs. I know it's still not that realistic you can get up again. But I believe that it's much more fair to the other player who shot ya. If you can run on you can easily find cover (if the area is not too open) and return fire. Also making you fall to the ground when being shot in the legs gives the chance of more intensive fighting inside buildings. Imagine if you can only see the enemy's legs on the upper floors, you could shoot his legs to get his head down to your sights. Before you just shot his legs until he was dead.

Upvote 0
If a shot is nonfatal in RO you're still "alive."

Saying the last ditch shot effect should be in the game in that situation is pointless.

The question is when a shot gets fatal and when the effect kicks in. There should be more of an effect when hit, currently in RO it doesn't matter if you're red if you're alive you're alive. Aka if shot in the leg you cannot run after like 5 seconds, you will first need to bandage yourself. If shot if you do not bandage on time you will bleed out. These are not completely realistic scenarios, but its more realistic and thus an improvement on the current situation.

I'm not saying last ditch shot per say, tbh thats not what i care for. But what i say is a realistic delay in cases before you drop. And even with a fatal shot it depends on what is causing the fatality whether you drop instantly like a sack of potatoes, or that you fall down after a few seconds after being hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Emperor
Upvote 0
Hey lads!

Empi is back with a suggestion for HoS.
Currently when we receive a lethal shot we just fall to the ground and we're dead. Now my idea is to make it possible to shoot during dying, like when shot and during falling to the ground your playerbody's muscles are with some tension and your desperately searching for something to hold on. So you'll likely pull the trigger. Same should especially go for the smgs, when shot you should either just pull the trigger by faling down or you should do a 360

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now I finally got a video, yeah it's from a movie, but I believe some here still can't imagine what I'm trying to explain.

True Lies - Bathroom Fight

Right at the beginning when Arnie is grabing the terrorist's gun and is shooting at the with smg (it's a TMP?). The terrorist hit is spraying around with the gun, luck for Arnie he's not killed there. In some sort of way it would be nice to see this. Of course not in this kind of slowmotion. Quite faster.
Of course this will work with semi-auto and bolt-action also except that it's just one shot fired during the falling down.

Upvote 0
Okay, I have another idea. :rolleyes:
The weapon should only shoot when you die, even when the "fire" button is pressed. Then it is also very useful because sometimes I see an enemy, and have pulled the trigger and in this moment he has already shot and killed me... :mad: ;)
What do you say to this idea? :D

Very good idea!!
I'm all for this

I know what you mean - many a time have I come across an enemy and thought to have shot my rifle as I have pressed the Mouse 1 and he, by a milisecond or whatnot has just managed to kill me first.

This would be a great idea - for the new RO to recognise when you have clicked your mouse in situations like these and when you're dead perhaps shoot? But the question is how accurate and where will you be aiming when you're already half dead?

Good idea though!

Upvote 0
I know what you mean - many a time have I come across an enemy and thought to have shot my rifle as I have pressed the Mouse 1 and he, by a milisecond or whatnot has just managed to kill me first.
That is generally a client-server-network latency issue. Besides, there have been countless times in game that my opponent and I have killed each other simultaneously.

If TW puts the "Ahnold" thing in the game, chances are I won't be bothered to play it. That was ludicrous. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
The Arnie video was just to make clear to everyone that my idea got nothing to do with CoD's Second Chance. I do know that True Lies is "only" a funny action movie. Still for presentation purposes it's not bad.

I wanted to differ my idea clearly from Second Chance. The accuracy given to the bursts fired should be about the same as blind firing.

So far the idea.

I've asked a biologist today, he told me that in case of being shot it's possible that you tense your muscles, therefore it's possible. So biologically it's working. The other important thing is it working with the RO Community? It looks like my suggestion is love-hated here. :(

Upvote 0
Or maybe cause not EYERYTHING that really happens is filmed... :rolleyes:

I'd like you to find anything, a video, picture, or reliable written source (book or website), video interview, or anything that suggests that what happened in the scene of True Lies happens in the real world.

When you find some, let me know. ;)

Considering the only recorded reference is in Hollywood movies, that should tell you something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0