• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New review! 02.2010

If devs can't make tanks beacuse take too much time then let it be RO2 with just an infantry for the start cause you can always make tanks later when will be more time and add to the game with the new game update cause right now they are under pressure I suspect. However if at least we could have just PzIVF2 and T34/76 for Combined maps... that would be awesome.

I personally think that if in HOS suppose to be tanks and be so far from realism like they are in RO1 then I rather not see any tanks in HOS...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Imo RO:HoS w/o tanks, vehicles put new RO between MW2, MoH and other "shooters" where only fun and number or ranks counts. AFAIK Tripwire Interactive is proud of their realism and reproducing of Eastern Front. Well, on the Eastern Front were tanks, many of them. We had biggest tank battles there. Also cities were conquered with us of tanks not rifles only. I just dont want to see another callofduty-like product with arcade features like GPS, radar, advaced HUD, lack of recoil. RO suppost to be RO.

Also, according to this vote ROs fans, significant majority of them voted for combined maps, what means infantry + tanks/vehicles.

I believe RO:HoS will show up with atleast 1 tank per side and other vehicles. If RO:HoS will be enought realistic i also will look forward for DLCs with new stuff. Unreal engine is great to make combination of infantry and vehicles struggles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally I hope to see quite some infantry only maps next to combined arms maps.

Remember that in that vote players could vote for multiple things rather than one point. Its possible that a lot of people voted for 1 thing meaning that then its logical that combined arms would be selected. Together with that the original post nearly sounded like there would be no tanks, so massively people would vote for wanting tanks.

If you would get a poll from all RO players what they would think to be the best map, for example its pretty likely that danzig would win even though everybody seems to hate it :p.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally I hope to see quite some infantry only maps next to combined arms maps.

Remember that in that vote players could vote for multiple things rather than one point. Its possible that a lot of people voted for 1 thing meaning that then its logical that combined arms would be selected. Together with that the original post nearly sounded like there would be no tanks, so massively people would vote for wanting tanks.

If you would get a poll from all RO players what they would think to be the best map, for example its pretty likely that danzig would win even though everybody seems to hate it :p.

Everybody doesn't hate danzig, it's a small percentage of players that have a problem with it. You only need to look at how much it is played to see how popular it is, and while it isn't a favourite of mine, I have always had fun playing it :)

Upvote 0
Oh ye of little faith. Such a short attention span we seem to have. Ignorance isn't bliss, its just ignorance. Pure speculation.....
We've gone from M60's to no vehicles or tank battles in just a few short days from sources found on teh almighty internets (ZOOMG!!) ....:rolleyes:

Wouldn't this thread (started by none other that TW's president) strongly suggest tanks?
[URL]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=38123[/URL]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
nevarr! if your attention span wasnt that short, you would have noticed, that the existence of tanks in ro:hos was scientifically falsified just by that post you mentioned, a few posts above!

+++too bad, there will be no guns and no tanks in ro:hos+++

only rolled up sleeves (dx 11 at least)

edit. oh. ok. never mind. my attention span was too short. the post was used to claim that there has to be at least one tank per side on release. hehe.
i simply dont trust that article all too much (m60, wtf?) and love what people make out of it. wanted to fuel it a little more...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
....edit. oh. ok. never mind. my attention span was too short. the post was used to claim that there has to be at least one tank per side on release. hehe.

:p
Perhaps you missed this in my post....
in just a few short days from sources found on teh almighty internets (ZOOMG!!) ....:rolleyes:
I say that because:
a) I can't find the article in question.
b) Even if I did find it, I couldn't read it.
c) Unless I can verify the content, author, publisher I approach it as gossip.(....nowadays I only believe about 1/8 of what I read in print and less of what I see on teh internets spin wagon.)

But then....who am I and what do I know? ;)

Upvote 0