• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Best way to kill Patty

hrm...I'd posted, but the forums lost it, I guess.

Get a closed off room, leave one door open. Let the Patty run in, and weld it behind him with the closest squad member while the other 5 lay into him. Lots of big guns, he can't run to heal, more big guns, he dies.

A few tips:

• Pipe bombs are great. They have diminishing effects, though. After two explode on the Patty within a few seconds, any further ones barely do any damage. String them out along the hallway, so he constantly runs over them, rather then setting all of them off at once.
  • Be -very- mindful of where his rockets are hitting. They -will- blow up your pipe-bombs. So if you lay a bomb trap behind a welded door, and he rockets the door open...Pipe bombs are gone. Likewise, if idiot team-mate stands on your pipebomb pile and draws rocket fire, your bombs go away.
  • Listen carefully. He says one line before rocket fire, and a line before chaingun fire. Duck and cover. don't stand near said idiot team mate, 'cauz he's likely about to explode.
Usually, what happens on pub servers is the patty rushes, kills 1-2 people, gets driven off. With only 4-5 squad members left, he then kills 2-3, then gets driven off. Can't finish him after that. Hence the door weld to keep him from running off and healing.

Upvote 0
Crossbow? In 6 man Hard game it takes only like what, 4-6 headshots if he doesnt have a chance to heal beetween? Assuming you are a level 6 SS. Anyway what ever the exact number of headshots is, its ridiculously low. So if you want to kill the Patty fast, all go SS with xbow and there we go.

But another thing could be welding him inside a small room and raping him with AA12's like Zack explained. If done right it could be even easier than the crossbows, because once he is down he will just try to escape and heal himself, but in order to do that he must blast his way through the welded doors with a rocketlauncher, and we all know he doesnt have enough time for it when 6 ppl are blasting him with autoshotguns lol. Not to mention every time he loads up the rocket and you are shooting at him, he will just go down again, reload the rocket, go down, reload the rocket... etc

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Most people use xbow or pipebombs. But both methods are lame and mostly boring. No point in a boss that dies in seconds. I enjoy switching to medic and using lots of cover and short run distances to avoid him while blasting him with the 6 shot nade launcher and a skar. I lose about 10% of the time. (I usually end up playing with low rank players to gain more xp but they are useless vs scrake and up so it's almost like i'm doing solo with faked players on.)

Upvote 0
Crossbow? In 6 man Hard game it takes only like what, 4-6 headshots if he doesnt have a chance to heal beetween? Assuming you are a level 6 SS. Anyway what ever the exact number of headshots is, its ridiculously low. So if you want to kill the Patty fast, all go SS with xbow and there we go.

But another thing could be welding him inside a small room and raping him with AA12's like Zack explained. If done right it could be even easier than the crossbows, because once he is down he will just try to escape and heal himself, but in order to do that he must blast his way through the welded doors with a rocketlauncher, and we all know he doesnt have enough time for it when 6 ppl are blasting him with autoshotguns lol. Not to mention every time he loads up the rocket and you are shooting at him, he will just go down again, reload the rocket, go down, reload the rocket... etc

Xbow doesnt work well on Suicide, hard doesn't take much strategy imo so I don't worry about that, Suicide though, hes a beast.

Upvote 0
Xbow doesnt work well on Suicide, hard doesn't take much strategy imo so I don't worry about that, Suicide though, hes a beast.

What do you mean? Xbows are pretty much the only way to take him on Suicidal.

The earlier guy who talked about M32 and SCAR....Good luck taking out 33.5k hp with 3 heals using weapons that couldn't kill a Scrake, which has only 20% of the Patriach's hp and doesn't own a fully-cloaked charge which matches or surpasses the speed of a lvl 6 Medic.

Simply put, even AA12 + HS on Supports is too risky in the absence of a weldable area to trap the Pat in, because nothing matches the sheer damage of an accurate crossbow user.

Moreover, one bolt to the head makes him kneel; which is pretty much the only way to save many an otherwise-dead teammate. Firebug seriously needs a major buff, as does the berserker. Not only do they stink in the first 10 waves, but they're practically worthless against the Pat as well. Wtf??!!!

Upvote 0
Firebug seriously needs a major buff, as does the berserker. Not only do they stink in the first 10 waves, but they're practically worthless against the Pat as well. Wtf??!!!
Firebug lvl 5/6 dominates in wave 1, especially suicidal. It lights him on fire for a bit too, and you can see the fire if he goes invisible. Holding down primary fire does decent damage and can cause him to kneel if you get enough fire into him.

Upvote 0
1. Lock him in. This is the classic and most effective.

Find tight location, lock all exits but one. Put pipe bombs if you have them at all escape doors. When he attacks the victim should back up and pull him into the room. 1-2 others lock him in. Then everyone turn on him. Try to get as many kneels as you can to save your teammates. Kill him before he heals.

2. Attrition.

Find a space that has something to take cover behind. This can be something crowded or something as simple as the phone booth in front of the church at West London.

The idea here is to get everyone coordinated to fire at once. You try and kneel him before he can kill anyone. When he runs off everyone clear the trash *quickly* and heal each other. As long as you don't lose more than one person per Patty heal you'll win the war of attrition.

As for individual tactics there are tons. Some things that help:
A commando - someone to call his health out and indicate where he is when cloaked
A firebug - someone to keep his invisible *** lit up. The firebug is generally underpowered but doesn't do too bad on patty. 1/2 to 1 tank of gas will knee him depending on difficulty.
A medic - Handy for healing, puts out moderate dps with the right weapon, but has enough speed that they stand a chance of solo'ing patty once he's down to his last syringe...not so useful on suicide.
Demo - If he has a chance to do multiple full pipebomb runs (16+ pipes for a lvl 6) ahead of time then he'll tip things in your favor immediately.
Other classes are fine and do DPS in their own way.

There are several "use 6 of.." perks that can be successful.
6x Xbow - should make quick work of him. Might lose a guy. Only ONE person in the group will attain the merry-men achievement. sucks.
6x Katana - Works like a "slap chop" on the patty and is almost hilariously easy on Hard. havent' tried on suicde.
6x Demos - This is just downright nasty. If everyone has worked ahead of time with pipes there is a good chance he'll die before you see him. Note: with 6 people you better damn well memorize where you placed your pipes. Also note: the beeping is really what kills him..
6x AA12 - Heard it works, never tried due to economics of 6x4k guns.

Reactions: Vaecrius
Upvote 0
Interesting. I've never had more than 2 xbows in use in any of the times I've killed him on Suicide. I'm batting about .800 on wave 11/10.

Must be some insanely skilled players who refuse to take the "easy way".

I'm hitting maybe .900 with a group that goes xbows, and .000 with the half a dozen times the team went Commandos/Supports/Firebugs/Demos in any combination.

I've never had less than 2 xbow Sharpshooters in each of the times we've killed Suicidal Pat.

It really seems like we're playing a totally different game.

Upvote 0
The greatest secret of all time

The greatest secret of all time

My tactic that works on any difficulty:

1)every body gets the best damaging weapons they can

2)when he appears, give him background music

3)lure him into getting ready to fire a rocket

4)with the combination of the muiscal cue and the line "it's all so simple when you have a rocket launcher for an arm" will immediatley cause him to break into a musical number of "it's all so simple when you have a rocket launcher for an arm" , with backgound dancing stalkers, a chorus of sirens, and a mosh pit of clots cheering him on.

5)continue until he stops for his finale

6)once he stands still, holding the last note, with pyrotechnics giong on in the background, everybody unload on him

7)as the victory screen shows, purge all memories of his muiscal number from your mind..... those memories will likely haunt you for years to come

Upvote 0
A lot of people will argue against this, but everyone go Zerker, pick up a chainsaw, circle him and alt fire till he dies.

The key to doing this is that everyone MUST STAY ON TOP OF HIM AND TO NOT LET HIM ESCAPE. If he hits you run back in and keep swinging.

1 or 2 people might die, but so far, every time that I've tried this with 5 other people who are willing to do this, has worked flawlessly.

And yes this does work on suicidal.

Upvote 0
Must be some insanely skilled players who refuse to take the "easy way".

I'm hitting maybe .900 with a group that goes xbows, and .000 with the half a dozen times the team went Commandos/Supports/Firebugs/Demos in any combination.

I've never had less than 2 xbow Sharpshooters in each of the times we've killed Suicidal Pat.

It really seems like we're playing a totally different game.

I only play suicide with some handpicked people and they are good. The SS does some nice damage but having a well rounded team seems to work best for us. A commando out front to act as bait is useful, a support to weld him in after the commando runs by, medic keeps folks together, demo usually softens him before we see him then again when he makes an escape for a welded door. Like I mentioned...if we make it to wave 11 then we bat around .800

When playing on hard though this same team usually goes 6x Katanas. We lose a guy maybe 1 out of 4 attempts but usually nobody dies.

Upvote 0
a few suggestions for being pro and just showing off:

1) all xbows, easy kill
2) all zerks using katana, surround him and hack away for another easy kill
3) lure him into a room (eg: biotics lab downstairs) and weld him in n just pound him with whatever. he cant heal cos he cant get out
4) all support specs with AA12 and DB shotty and blast away
5) if ur a smartass like me and have a lv6 medic just wait for everyone else to die n kill patty with a LAW or xbow. medic is unkillable until armour is gone

: )

Upvote 0