• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

I just started on Mass Effect 2 on the 360, it's a good game and all but it feels so dumbed down compared to the first one. For one health regen is never a good thing ever, the game lacks a real inventory and the levelling system has been dramatically simplified.

The controls have had the same treatment and the omission of crouch really annoys me. I've also played the game on my flat mates PC and I don't care what bull**** they spun about specific PC development, the lack of proper graphical and control options makes it obvious it was a quick hack job port. Especially with the 'heap of controls assigned to one single key' nonsense and the way you can't even assign a binding to each weapon.

I also get annoyed by the little things, like the lack of continuity with how the guns didn't have ammo in no.1 and there was this whole elaboratley explained technical reason why then in no.2 they all have ammo and act like conventional guns do these days. That's just me being picky though :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just started on Mass Effect 2 on the 360, it's a good game and all but it feels so dumbed down compared to the first one. For one health regen is never a good thing ever, the game lacks a real inventory and the levelling system has been dramatically simplified.

The controls have had the same treatment and the omission of crouch really annoys me. I've also played the game on my flat mates PC and I don't care what bull**** they spun about specific PC development, the lack of proper graphical and control options makes it obvious it was a quick hack job port. Especially with the 'heap of controls assigned to one single key' nonsense and the way you can't even assign a binding to each weapon.

I also get annoyed by the little things, like the lack of continuity with how the guns didn't have ammo in no.1 and there was this whole elaboratley explained technical reason why then in no.2 they all have ammo and act like conventional guns do these days. That's just me being picky though :D

We need ME2 topic. All I have to say is that the story was epic(I liked how it focused on the characters) and the combat was entertaining. And the graphics were amazing and the game run all maxed out very smoothly(my PC is 3 years old).

Upvote 0
BFBC2Game2010-02-0220-20-50-68.png

BFBC2Game2010-02-0220-28-01-01.png

Upvote 0
Which one, Medieval or Empire? I suppose you ask for Empire

I have a :

-Core 2 Duo 1,8Ghz,
-4GB Ram (only 3 working because of Win XP)
-Nvidia 9800 GTX+

I get good frame rate
Run everything maxed @ 1680 x 1050
Except:
-AA (2x)
-SSAO or however that thing is called (looks very cool, is a pity to not being able to run it with a decent FPS)

They seem to have improved graphics for Napoleon so I guess its gonna need a better GFX card.

Edit: About the battle, I thought I was dead, but I had to fight it anyway, so it happened.

The enemy arrived in two separated armies, consisting mainly in infantry and missile troops.

I put all my infantry in the center to stop them (my infantry and horses are better armored than theirs)

Then I put all my knights in two groups to attack their flanks at the same time, that and the charge itself was enough to spread the panic and make them run, I pursued as many as I could before I had to stop and regroup to repeat the same operation for the second army.

I had to say I didn't have any faith because of my extremely low numbers, specially in the second wave with the troops already a bit winded. Good thing those natives have frail morale, armor and technology =P

Last edited:
Upvote 0