• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Begginner Poundamonium: why the hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes

Yes

i understand your point. i just think there is a middleground. it's not like the only solutions are ones that are black and white and will not please everyone.

the mutator doesn't have to be gotten rid of or de-whitelisted, nor does it have to remain the way it is.

imo this kind of thing should add more criteria a map has to meet to be whitelisted.

i.e:exploitable spots: you test a map and find none on regular mode because of camping deterents like sirens and husks, but on poundamonium? that's a different story.

also, someone could make an anti-camping mutator which would force people to not stay in one spot for a really long time. (chances are if you ARE staying in one spot on poundamonium, you are level grinding.)

Thank you so much. This is what we need. Some kind of middle ground, so that both the anti-grinders and poundamonium players can suceed here.

PS sorry if I was rude ealier, but that's like if someone was trying to get rid of suicidal if your a suicidal player. It kind of gets you very irritated.

PSS I am NOT comparing suicidal and poundamonium, only the feelings of those that it being taken from. Do not qoute just that sentence and use it as your arguement

Upvote 0
Also perk disabling is not middle ground

Also perk disabling is not middle ground

By the way, when I say middle ground, I mean a compromise. I dont mean getting rid of poundamonium perks, just adding a deterent for grinders. Seriuosly, do you know you it would feel if you only played poundamonium because its fun, but was forever robbed of the perk system that other players are allowed to enjoy because they don't use your mutator. It creates a feeling of discrimination and of frustration as you are forced to run and play regular mode to level perks.

But reduced perks (to make it fair), anti-camping efforts, or other fair compromises are all fine with me. It just has to be fair (and not just for non-poundamonium players).

Upvote 0
i agree

i agree

So i was going through the threads and i saw this one and my immediate thought was: "they hate it 'cos they can't beat it."

However this is actually sounding like something so good as to be a difficulty in itself. I saw that people were asking for a more difficult difficulty and i feel this could be it.

yes, poundamonium, when done properly, is definatley much more difficult than the normal version of the difficulty by one or two difficulties. Begginer pound. is like normal or hard (unless your grinding), and normal is = or even greater than suicidal. Hard poundamonium is near impossible. Suicidal poundamonium is the most difficult thing to do, possibly, in the whole game

Upvote 0
But reduced perks (to make it fair), anti-camping efforts, or other fair compromises are all fine with me. It just has to be fair (and not just for non-poundamonium players).

i feel the two best ideas so far are either an anti-camper mut (which would help solve other problems as well besides this one) or a "perks enabled but without leveling" whitelist.

Upvote 0
I like the anti-camper idea

I like the anti-camper idea

i feel the two best ideas so far are either an anti-camper mut (which would help solve other problems as well besides this one) or a "perks enabled but without leveling" whitelist.

An anti-camper mut would be a very good idea. The perks-without-leveling is an idea that could be good, but, as the satisfaction of perk leveling is a very rewarding process both in game rewards, and feelings of triumph, I suggest either cutting perk-leveling off at lvl 4, or cutting perk progression in half on pound. servers.

See, that want so bad.

Upvote 0
You can't complain abut the diffiuclty until...

You can't complain abut the diffiuclty until...

Don't be complaining about the difficulty until you have successfully won poundamonium on every difficulty without using glitches or cheap tricks. If you can prove that you have beaten poundamonium on suicidal on the most difficult of maps, then you can say that you ready for a new difficulty.

Use what you have before you ask for more.

Upvote 0
nah here's the simple problem with the mutator; it's extremely easy to exploit.

this is how the mutator is typically abused:
  • loaded up on a "leveling" map like ConcertHall for example and allow players to level whole perks in sometimes less than a few hours
  • loaded up on a low difficulty while using a high level perk in order to farm acheivements and level getting tons of damage points. i.e. a level5 on beginner poundamonium to easily boost up their damage totals
steps to stop abuse from happening:
  • keep the whitelist consistantly updated and remove the ability to level on exploitable maps
  • force players to play on a difficulty level equal to their perk levels i.e. not allowing level6s to play beginner/normal in the first place. it's supposed to be a challenge right? how can anyone argue it's a challenge when you're the highest perk level on the lowest difficulty just because it's fleshpounds??? like saying you are Lebron James playing a pickup game against the best wheelchair basketball player in the world....it's still completely unbalanced.
of course, if people want to mix it up and do whatever they want simply because they want the freedom to "have fun" then let them do as they please. let them use their perks, let them have a good time, just don't let them make any progress leveling unless it's in an appropriate manner.
the mutator could be just fine so long as precautions were taken to ensure fair and balanced play. a level4 playing poundamonium on hard? knock yourself out. if you can actually take down some of those FPs then you deserve all the damage you infliction. you simply can't reward players with perk progression for essentially cheating the system. that's what is happening right now and that's what needs to be fixed.

if there's going to be a whitelist and there are going to be bug fixes, then there's no excuse to not continue that stance against unfair play by addressing the issues with this mutator being abused. if it continues to be ignored, it's contridictory of everything this game stands for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We are agreed

We are agreed

nah here's the simple problem with the mutator; it's extremely easy to exploit.

this is how the mutator is typically abused:
  • loaded up on a "leveling" map like ConcertHall for example and allow players to level whole perks in sometimes less than a few hours
  • loaded up on a low difficulty while using a high level perk in order to farm acheivements and level getting tons of damage points. i.e. a level5 on beginner poundamonium to easily boost up their damage totals
steps to stop abuse from happening:
  • keep the whitelist consistantly updated and remove the ability to level on exploitable maps
  • force players to play on a difficulty level equal to their perk levels i.e. not allowing level6s to play beginner/normal in the first place. it's supposed to be a challenge right? how can anyone argue it's a challenge when you're the highest perk level on the lowest difficulty just because it's fleshpounds??? like saying you are Lebron James playing a pickup game against the best wheelchair basketball player in the world....it's still completely unbalanced.
of course, if people want to mix it up and do whatever they want simply because they want the freedom to "have fun" then let them do as they please. let them use their perks, let them have a good time, just don't let them make any progress leveling unless it's in an appropriate manner.
the mutator could be just fine so long as precautions were taken to ensure fair and balanced play. a level4 playing poundamonium on hard? knock yourself out. if you can actually take down some of those FPs then you deserve all the damage you infliction. you simply can't reward players with perk progression for essentially cheating the system. that's what is happening right now and that's what needs to be fixed.

if there's going to be a whitelist and there are going to be bug fixes, then there's no excuse to not continue that stance against unfair play by addressing the issues with this mutator being abused. if it continues to be ignored, it's contridictory of everything this game stands for.

Precisley.stopping perk leveling at a certain point (lvl 4 sounds good) is probably the best way to both keep the fun of it, and stop farming. I personally would have prefered it had it been done earler (now everybody i run into thinks i should be playing suicidal because i have a lvl6 demo, when really i just want to play eith begg. pound., normal, or hard). I don't think that this will really cause much harm to anyone.

Also, I have a propesition. Anyone who plays normal poundamonium deserves lvl 6 (its hard as hell) and anyone who plays hard or suicidal poundamonium deserves some kind of acheivement (seriously......i don't think suicidal pound. is possible). So taking perks off of pound. normal or above is unnessecary.

PS I suggest that all those bored of suicidal try to set up reliable greater difficulty pound. servers (as those are IMPOSSIBLE to find), and set up a community of those who would like to try poundamonium on a greater difficulty with a team. That would be hard, but even more intense than begginer poundamonium.

Upvote 0
call it a mere worry that if one exploit slips through the cracks then many more will proceed it.
:rolleyes: And the unfounded paranoia has started to run wild.

like omar said....obviously TW (that's you) felt it necissary to impliment the whitelist to stop people from exploiting to level and farm acheivements.
Me? You really need to stop the assumption that volunteer mods mean we're in any way TWI employees. We're not. We have our own thoughts on the matter as gamers.

The fact that you guys are so upset over a mutator that in no way affects you unless you personally choose to play it, is beyond hilarious.

Upvote 0
The fact that you guys are so upset over a mutator that in no way affects you unless you personally choose to play it, is beyond hilarious.

Pay attention:

Noob plays mutator to level up really fast.

Noob joins Suicidal server while being void of all talent

Pro joins same server as Noob

Being a co-op game, Noob kills everyone else by raging fleshpounds with bullpups, jumping in front of sharpshooters, and not killing a damn thing

Pro is killed

Pro is effected

Also, do you know how hard it is to find a game on suicidal that isn't doom2-level or defence-bLevel?

Let alone one that isn't a sharpfest with m14 spam?

The game, the whitelist(map and mutator), and the players all need some serious work.

And it appears some moderators do as well :p

Reactions: -[SiN]-bswearer
Upvote 0
Lol, an infraction? I feel insulted, why don't you give yourself an infraction?

Btw, that IS what happens. Maybe you should play the game more and stop giving infractions to people that just irritate you. :eek:

im going to tell you this right now, because i found out the same way: you can NOT win against zip........ unless you know xienen and have him override the ban.

Upvote 0
im going to tell you this right now, because i found out the same way: you can NOT win against zip........ unless you know xienen and have him override the ban.

If he's ban-happy, maybe he should be given a talkin to by xienen.

Seriously, singling me out when there are posts on here 10 times as bad shouldn't be tolerated. Being a moderator does NOT give you a license to push people because they don't agree with you.

Consistency please?

Upvote 0
zips, dude, do you not remember what KF was like before the whitelist was added?

hes just a mod, not really a KF player. more of a CSS guy. so i think that answers your question lol.

now lets get back to the subject, we the kf players spend ALOT of time with this game, and we know what goes on. things are getting pretty bad because now they know how to slip under the "wire".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
now lets get back to the subject, we the kf players spend ALOT of time with this game, and we know what goes on. things are getting pretty bad because now they know how to slip under the "wire".

the fact is that right now there's a rather large hole in the system and we the players are asking it to be patched up.

Upvote 0
I wish I could understand TWI's reasoning into keeping the bloat-ed and fleshpound mutator's whitelisted.

Even if there were exploits in maps, they wouldn't be able to have slow moving targets of damage that are easy to headshot wondering around to farm.

Even if you whitelisted KF-Leveling, without the pounds only and bloats only mutators to add to damage based perks, it becomes useless.

We need the "perks used" but not leveled system up already!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.