• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tier 3 Medic gun suggestion

Temstar

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2009
(My tier 2 medic gun suggestion)
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=40386

Aright here’s what I’m proposing:

pdwsx4.jpg

(the top one)

MP5KM
Damage: 25-35
Fire rate: 0.15s
Burst DPS: 200
Reload: 2s

Clip size: 25 (50 for level 6 Medic)
Clip count: 1 + 15
Recoil: slightly greater than bullpup
Sight: reflex
Cost:

Last edited:
Perfect idea. I don't see why this gun can't do more damage than the MP7M though, seeing as it's tier 3. If it was an overall better gun, then it would be a better buy for later in the game since this shouldn't be a spawned gun.

Great over-heal idea.

Overall I give this the approval of the FMU(+) :D

This is all coming from a most-of-the-time medic, too.

Upvote 0
My only concern is the MP5 would make the Medic overpowered. I'm all for improvements to the game, but this idea looks like its gonna make the game a hell of alot easier. Dunno about the rest of you... but I like the challenge of Kiling Floor. Still have gotten only 2 of the 8 levels completed on suicidal myself.

Sounds like a good idea, and it does work in Team Fortress 2... but there your playing against other players, for Killing Floor I think it will make things too easy for the medic.

But hey ho thats my cents

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newer =/= more powerful.

I don't have any example right now, but you get the idea.

we all should remember, that MP7 uses a completely new type of ammo, 4,6x30 mm, which is designed to penetrate (police-class) body armor, meaning that the tissue damage isnt high, but it pierces very well. MP5 goes with the good ol' 9x19mm para, which on the other hand has low piercing capabilities, but packs a "bigger" punch. imo to keep the realism factor, that stuff should be taken in to account..

Upvote 0
Actually, over heal sounds like it would make the class really useful. Would certainty give a medic something more to do than just stand around with a crossbow.

One thing I will say is that if you get no points for over-healing, by keeping your team overhealed they are less likely to get severely hurt and therefore you are going to level far slower than you normally would. Some medics might not use it for that reason.

Upvote 0
Actually, over heal sounds like it would make the class really useful. Would certainty give a medic something more to do than just stand around with a crossbow.

One thing I will say is that if you get no points for over-healing, by keeping your team overhealed they are less likely to get severely hurt and therefore you are going to level far slower than you normally would. Some medics might not use it for that reason.

True.

So... how about overheal levels at 1/2-1/3 of the rate of regular healing. This would mean that a medic is more likely to overheal teammates than if they got nothing for it.

Upvote 0
Ok idea, but I think it should decay faster than one point every 6 seconds. Something like 1 point per second sounds more reasonable to me, would still last 50 seconds until you are back to 100hp. I mean, unless the recharge speed for the overheal is ridiculously slow, you can just do it over and over on everyone to keep them on 150hp pretty much all the time, right? Id prefer a more tactical aproach, that youd have to select which member of the team gets a boost each time, so like max 3 players from 6 have a health boost at once to balance it out a bit? As in, tune the recharge speed and decay time so it can be used only on few persons at a time, not whole team.

Upvote 0
Ok idea, but I think it should decay faster than one point every 6 seconds. Something like 1 point per second sounds more reasonable to me, would still last 50 seconds until you are back to 100hp. I mean, unless the recharge speed for the overheal is ridiculously slow, you can just do it over and over on everyone to keep them on 150hp pretty much all the time, right? Id prefer a more tactical aproach, that youd have to select which member of the team gets a boost each time, so like max 3 players from 6 have a health boost at once to balance it out a bit? As in, tune the recharge speed and decay time so it can be used only on few persons at a time, not whole team.

Overheal decay is fine at 1 hp drop per 6 seconds, IMO. An enraged FP deals more than 200 on suicidal, if memory serves me well, so it'd still be a one-hit without armor.

One thing that just crossed my mind. Someone posted here somewhere that tier 1 and tier 2 weapons played differently, and tier 3 weapons were flat-out upgrades from tier 1. This is mostly true. Now, if we follow this logic, and consider medic's T1 to be his syringe, and T2 to be his MP7, tier three would be another, better syringe which could hold the overhealing suggestion.

Upvote 0
One thing that just crossed my mind. Someone posted here somewhere that tier 1 and tier 2 weapons played differently, and tier 3 weapons were flat-out upgrades from tier 1. This is mostly true. Now, if we follow this logic, and consider medic's T1 to be his syringe, and T2 to be his MP7, tier three would be another, better syringe which could hold the overhealing suggestion.

How about a modified jackhammer with a syringe instead of the blade thingy.

A L6 Medic coming at you with a jackhammer going full speed, or a horde of zeds. Which is scarier?

Upvote 0