• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Couple of specimen ideas!

vealck

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
1) First, I think it would be nice if gorefasts (maybe also clots) with their legs shot/cut off would still be alive and crawl towards players trying to attack them. That would encourage players to aim for headshots. Also, a new tactic would be possible: to quickly shoot charging gorefasts in legs (crouching position would be more useful) and then, when they're slower, finish off by precise headshots.

2) Secondly, a new specimen type: something big, muscular and quite slow with two abilities:
-to grab nearby lesser specimen (clots, stalkers, crawlers) and throw them onto players (ballistic trajectory, ragdoll style) for great deal of damage and some knockback)
-to grab players in close quarters, immobilizing them and slowly dealing biting damage (grabbed player's survival would be dependent on teammates)
If that's a bad idea, maybe at least think of adding mentioned throwing ability to fleshpounds.

3) Lastly, I think that crawlers would be much more interesting if they had an ability to walk towards players on ceilings and walls before their leap attack.

Sorry if some of those ideas were mentioned before, I didn't have nerves to check 50 pages of posts before writing this one ;)

1) Thats actually a pretty good idea if TWi wanted the game to be more creepy, Dead Space had a similar thing and it totally shook me up playing that game, and zombies that just keep coming are always a nerve breaker.

2) Not so sure on this one, kinda sounds very Left 4 Deady IMO, and sounds like a simply bigger version of the clot (Cept the throwing part obviously). I think its something that would iritate me like hell when fighting :)

3) Thats an interesting idea, although I think alot of us would agree crawlers are already gits as it is :p

Upvote 0
1) First, I think it would be nice if gorefasts (maybe also clots) with their legs shot/cut off would still be alive and crawl towards players trying to attack them.

I always liked that idea but Im not sure how easy it would be to implement.

2) Secondly, a new specimen type: something big, muscular and quite slow with two abilities:
-to grab nearby lesser specimen (clots, stalkers, crawlers) and throw them onto players (ballistic trajectory, ragdoll style) for great deal of damage and some knockback)
-to grab players in close quarters, immobilizing them and slowly dealing biting damage (grabbed player's survival would be dependent on teammates)

Sounds a lot like... I dunno... Tank or that other guy from L4D.

The idea of fleshpounds throwing lesser enemies would be funny tho, if they did it while enraged. Like, you piss off a fleshpound, and he starts charging at you, but instead of gibbing all the lesser enemies he would be hurling some of them in the air and possibly hitting your team and causing damage. Or maybe not..

3) Lastly, I think that crawlers would be much more interesting if they had an ability to walk towards players on ceilings and walls before their leap attack.

This have been suggested a billion times, and I think someone said its nearly impossible to do with the current engine without causing a lot of bugs with it.

Upvote 0
All are good ideas, especially the zed throwing. Brilliant!

Hard for the FP to throw with no hands, but the scrake could definitely throw a zed with his non-chainsaw hand :D Scrakes should be able to throw anything but bloats, husks, scrakes and FPs. This could bring on some REAL surprises, especially getting a siren tossed into the middle of your team unexpectedly!!

Smaller things like crawlers could be thrown farther than bigger guys like gorefasts. A scrake would be able to lob a crawler pretty far like a football :p If it hit someone it would do considerable damage, but the crawler could do a lot more if it goes unnoticed for a while.
---

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All are good ideas, especially the zed throwing. Brilliant!

Hard for the FP to throw with no hands, but the scrake could definitely throw a zed with his non-chainsaw hand :D Scrakes should be able to throw anything but bloats, husks, scrakes and FPs.

Wha... Yeah, actually, lets replace the scrake with Popeye and give him a chainsaw.

popeyascrake.jpg

At least he would actually have the streght needed for throwing something as heavy as a gorefast ten meters away with one arm.

Upvote 0
1.Perhaps the FP could be enraged, bang his giant restraits on his hands till they break, then revealing his big *** hands. Then comes into play the whole throwing lesser specimens and restraining players.

2. To the "crawlers on walls and ceilings". I think that would be a good idea, it would commit to their spider like nature.

Upvote 0