• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Barzakh (previously untitled Fallujah map)

Murphy

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Server Crash on Map-Change should now be fixed!

Removed emitters. The light sandstorm effect is gone but the map shouldn't crash servers on map-change anymore.

The Workshop is being updated. If you subscribed to the map there you should get the update automatically.

If you downloaded the map manually (e.g. to install it on your server) please download the newest version here:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?opee0918608xfoy

--------------------
V2c is out!
It's just a quick hotfix for a bug ro-sauce found. Thanks for that.

Changes:
- fixes hole in ground that allowed players to drop below the map

-----
V2b is out!

Get it here:
[download-link removed. See above for newest version]

Changes:
- fixed an exploit that allowed players to get onto a wall by climbing over cars
- couple of anomalies with the terrain
--------------
V2 is out!

Changes:
- removed randomammo pickups and placed ammo boxes instead. MAYBE this'll get rid of the server crashes. It would be great if someone could give this a try
- toned down the difficulty a tiny bit. I may have to tone it down even more. Feedback is welcome!
- added a new area
- changed "Biocola" to my own brand "Krautwasser" as a reference to both GTA IV and its "Pi

Last edited:
Reactions: ro_sauce
Awesome looking map you have there. Totally taken by surprize since I had heard you were going to be making a space/future style map.

You always make great maps and I hope that this one will be more popular. By the way are you wanting map title suggestions?

The Chinese lanterns look very nice although it gives the feeling that you're in a mexican type location, I have no idea why.

Upvote 0
vain hope, again, neither of which will not run on dedicated servers :mad:
Please just ignore this map! I haven't tried it on a server yet, but it will most likely not work. I still have no clue what's causing the crashes in my two other maps so I can only assume that it'll happen with this map as well. If this bothers you (and you have every right ot let this bother you) then just ignore this map and save yourself the frustration of watching a WIP project grow to what looks like an acceptable map only to find out it's completely worthless because it crashes servers on map-change.
And save me the frustration of bringing this negative vibe into my map-thread.

No map will truely capture the hell that was the The Battle of Fallujah.
I have no intention of capturing anything but a generic Middle Eastern flair.

Upvote 0
Please just ignore this map! I haven't tried it on a server yet, but it will most likely not work. I still have no clue what's causing the crashes in my two other maps so I can only assume that it'll happen with this map as well. If this bothers you (and you have every right ot let this bother you) then just ignore this map and save yourself the frustration of watching a WIP project grow to what looks like an acceptable map only to find out it's completely worthless because it crashes servers on map-change.
And save me the frustration of bringing this negative vibe into my map-thread.
interesting approach! what prevents the guys apply to local or to the developers for help? and find the error? or so and you will only boast screen and no more?the meaning of your work? only solo game?

Upvote 0
Yes. Until I can fix the problem (which I'm not even sure exists in this map! I reinstalled the game completely since I made my other two so chances are this map works) that's a good way to see it.
is very happy! I did not say that when your work bad! quality is very low and upset that your not working correctly! that's all. my goal is to have your cards were on the servers for general use! For beautiful and high quality!:)

Upvote 0
Hey

Hey

It is kind of weird. I never had server crashes from your maps Murphy. I was going through game servers. Always worked great. I dropped the two servers that had them this week. Cut back to one public and one private.

The only thing I wish you would have done is fixed the Dam map. I would have liked to see the chopper coming instead of the floating zeds. Plus the de fragmentation in the water when the flash light was on it; however, it does not really matter. New maps are good also. I would rather you move forward then pulling out your hair over a bug in the system.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the support guys!

(should a solution for the crash-bug pop up I'll release new, fixed versions of Northsea and Dammage and the new versions will also contain fixes for some visual oddities and exploits, but until then I'll let those maps rest as they aren't fit for online play anyway what with the bug an all. But I haven't abandoned them per se.)

I found a title for the map:
"Barzakh"
Sounds and looks Arabic as heck and has to do with souls waiting for judgment after death so it goes well with the whole zombie theme too.

I changed the time to night and if all goes well I'll release a first beta soon.:)

Upvote 0
Beta should be out tomorrow. I need a few ammo and item pickups scattered around and I'll toy with the fog a bit more and increase the distance a bit from what I have now and then I'll roll out the first version.

It's pretty fast and frenetic. I think you guys might like it. Except for the crash-bug, which may or may not be present. We'll see about that tomorrow.:)

Upvote 0