• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Seriously, will TWI fix the cheap spawning?

Zerethon you're coming off as a huge douche. Stop slamming Left 4 Dead and blindly worshiping KF. You just make yourself look bad. I don't like Left 4 Dead either, but no game is perfect and KF's spawning system is obnoxious. To me it's not as bad as most people are saying but it's definitely something that could be improved.

That is THE thing, the REASONS i love KF over about any other zombie game I've ever played are:

1. the cheesy-as-hell voice acting always makes me smile "GOHD E'S ALL LIT UP!"
2. the Ridiculous enemies, I mean come on, MEAT GRINDERS for hands? Heck yes
3. The Obnoxious spawn points, I love surprises, i love having to change in an instant, i love chaos, this game has a lot of it, especially with 4-6 players
4. the weapons, they feel real, they are amazingly powerful, and they FEEL powerful when used right, nothing says "GTFO!" like a well-timed hunting shotty alt-fire

Comparatively, L4Failure is a Meme-spewing pile of crap with about as much of a learning curve as Bejeweled and a pile of airsoft weapons that magically shoot bullets, a terrible Versus game mode, 2 useless game modes (Scavenge, survival) and of all things, "Realism" which ALMOST makes it as good as KF

Hell, the only thing that makes it even SLIGHTLY difficult is the fact that the AI in singleplay are about as smart as sacks of grain with an AK duct-taped to the front, though the sack of grain is probably a better shot

i'm absolutely GLAD i didnt buy L4F2, even getting it for free from a friend cant redeem it, the utter lack of intelligence and balance and even for that matter WORKING FREAKING COLLISION makes it a steaming pile of crap that had as much gameplay as a tech demo

And i'm not even obnoxious right now, i dont have enough coffee in my system fueling my fiery pit of rage at what gets passed off as a "game" anymore

Upvote 0
Hey zerethon, thanks for the vid. I saw a couple of dumb clot spawns in there, and I could tell when zeds were spawning audibly just behind nearby doors. You did indeed beat that quite easily, demonstrating clearly my point of how the first waves are incredibly easy even on suicidal, since broken spawning is substituted for viable difficulty hikes. Thanks for providing more evidence for us, but you still need a video supporting your argument. :) You should get to work on that if you want to be taken seriously.

Does anyone else have new information or suggestions about the spawning? I've noticed a lot of repeat information (I'm guilty of it too).

Upvote 0
Hey zerethon, thanks for the vid. I saw a couple of dumb clot spawns in there, and I could tell when zeds were spawning audibly just behind nearby doors. You did indeed beat that quite easily, demonstrating clearly my point of how the first waves are incredibly easy even on suicidal, since broken spawning is substituted for viable difficulty hikes. Thanks for providing more evidence for us, but you still need a video supporting your argument. :) You should get to work on that if you want to be taken seriously.

Does anyone else have new information or suggestions about the spawning? I've noticed a lot of repeat information (I'm guilty of it too).

Thank you for catching the joke, yeah, i had a couple spawn on top of the metal grate stalkers jump down from, and some random ones that tele'd to the hallway away from me after breaking the door (where the group of 4 randomnly came from

The new info is easy, they can teleport to any path-point it seems, or spawn on them, when the players are all out of view

To fix it, Add more spawn points and remove the random teleporting, this keeps the ambushing i like (EG: they have "hidden" spawns like breakable walls that they can pop out from, etc.) while removing the "teleporting" people are crying about

i'll miss the RAEG but it'll be good times anyways

to support my argument if i felt like wasting more of my time making pointless videos i'd just download the faked players thing, put it to a 6-person sui game and then just chainsaw until my ears bleed

And for all it's worth, Yeah, report it, maybe they'll actually read this topic then because for all you know this "Problem" is being data-mined right now and a fix is in the next patch

this topics been pointless and off-the-point since it's started, and even the friendly-fire suicidal crowd (If gusone's opinion can be taken at face-value) don't give a flying f*** about it because competent players don't even notice it

Upvote 0
Zerethon you're coming off as a huge douche. Stop slamming Left 4 Dead and blindly worshiping KF. You just make yourself look bad. I don't like Left 4 Dead either, but no game is perfect and KF's spawning system is obnoxious. To me it's not as bad as most people are saying but it's definitely something that could be improved.

The word is troll. Troll. And he's doing a good job.

Thank you for catching the joke, yeah, i had a couple spawn on top of the metal grate stalkers jump down from, and some random ones that tele'd to the hallway away from me after breaking the door (where the group of 4 randomnly came from

The new info is easy, they can teleport to any path-point it seems, or spawn on them, when the players are all out of view

To fix it, Add more spawn points and remove the random teleporting, this keeps the ambushing i like (EG: they have "hidden" spawns like breakable walls that they can pop out from, etc.) while removing the "teleporting" people are crying about

i'll miss the RAEG but it'll be good times anyways

to support my argument if i felt like wasting more of my time making pointless videos i'd just download the faked players thing, put it to a 6-person sui game and then just chainsaw until my ears bleed

And for all it's worth, Yeah, report it, maybe they'll actually read this topic then because for all you know this "Problem" is being data-mined right now and a fix is in the next patch

this topics been pointless and off-the-point since it's started, and even the friendly-fire suicidal crowd (If gusone's opinion can be taken at face-value) don't give a flying f*** about it because competent players don't even notice it

...until the Troll's Remorse set in...

Upvote 0
Just a remind. This discussion should be focus on "should ninjas appear in kf?" not about "cant this make the game harder" which I totally think it cannot.

I've noticed a lot of repeat information (I'm guilty of it too).

Yes, but this is the last time. I will not respond to that user anymore on this topic. Someone just cant get the point.

Upvote 0
Just a remind. This discussion should be focus on "should ninjas appear in kf?" not about "cant this make the game harder" which I totally think it cannot.

Yes, but this is the last time. I will not respond to that user anymore on this topic. Someone just cant get the point.

This game needs actual ninjas that appear from nowhere and assassinate people whining about the game being too hard or mobs appearing on top of them that any competent person can deal with appropriately in a matter of seconds

There is no point to get here, the game has borked spawn points, we know, the devs know, Good players are dealing with it and going "Meh" at the complainers who think pub servers are the epitome of the game and playing without everyone having voice capability or hot-keyed voice commands at a MINIMUM is the true show of how hard a game should be

i'm sorry, but you shouldnt be flying solo in suicidal anyway, there are things that CAN kill you no matter how damn good you think you are, the game is BASED around co-op, and if you dont have someone watching your back or damn good reaction times, you should DIE for your mistake, you wannabe rambo useless waste-of-a-player-slot

Play a good, Solid, 6-person game of suicidal on any STOCK map, no custom crap, with all 6 people on voice or using hot-key voice commands AND with level 5 or 6 perks only, then see if you can complain about "teleporting" ZED's

guess what, you CANT, you'll be sticking together, coordinating, And warming people when a bunch of gores decided to spawn behind a door 3 feet away or behind you

Becuase thats what Co-op means, Cooperation

Now if you'll excuse me, my job is done and my coffee is getting cold, good Day.

Upvote 0