• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Best way to get welding points up?

Voyevoda

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 25, 2009
I figure killing all but a gorefast, then Rubber band + small object + mouse + bed = profit would work, but i'm not sure if TWI implemented some annoying way to prevent people from doing so

i hardly (if ever) weld, so doing it "legit" just doesnt cut it, especially with 4.2m shotgun damage and only 174k welding hitpoints (which were derived almost completely from KF-Leveling in the first place)

I dont see why having such a high welding requirement is necessary in the first place, but obviously it's not going to change, so let the ideas flow

Strange, I had no trouble getting it to work in that way, OP.

People needlessly welding random doors online is detrimental, keeping a door in place by constantly welding it to counter the zeds on the other side is boring, and strategically welding doors to redirect specs doesn't work, now that zeds start smashing on doors rather than avoiding the resistance they make.
This all makes the welding point requirements ridiculous, since welding is only fun and useful for temporary obstacles, and gathering/baiting groups for pipe bombs.

Shotgun damage comes fast enough playing regularly, so I personally advise against grinding it with bloats or anything like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hm.. i do believe the zed's die after certain amount of time thing does happen if you keep them welded out to long. I can only think of welding a door shut for poundamonium. I got about 15k weld points in ~10 minutes doing this with another support on westlondon near the gate. We had about 20 fp's behind the door just banging on it, went from 60k weld points to 75k.

other than that, im lost as well, though shotgun damage is a pain for me(i rarely use them except for poundamonium).

Upvote 0
Honestly, is it really that ****ing hard to just weld a door every time you see a weldable one?

I did that, none of the welding spam nonsense, and without even trying, I'm sitting at 400k welding. It's not that hard... I mean, hell, instead of being useless and doing this a lame way, why don't you just join a game and weld a door for a few waves? You'll get at least 25k or so welding in just a few rounds of a Suicidal game if you're a level 5 Support... At least that way you're being useful to the team.

Upvote 0
Honestly, is it really that ****ing hard to just weld a door every time you see a weldable one?

I did that, none of the welding spam nonsense, and without even trying, I'm sitting at 400k welding. It's not that hard... I mean, hell, instead of being useless and doing this a lame way, why don't you just join a game and weld a door for a few waves? You'll get at least 25k or so welding in just a few rounds of a Suicidal game if you're a level 5 Support... At least that way you're being useful to the team.

Because some of us rarely play support and when I do I'm much more useful killing things by dropping 3/5 of the wave myself than letting them take all of it on and dying cuz I'm just welding.

Upvote 0
Because some of us rarely play support and when I do I'm much more useful killing things by dropping 3/5 of the wave myself than letting them take all of it on and dying cuz I'm just welding.

Then do like I said, suck it up, and play a few games doing nothing but welding every door in sight. Pick a map filled with doors like Biotics. Get your weld points, helping the team a bit when they need it, and go back to playing. If you're worried about them dying, do it on a Beginner/Normal server.

Don't resort to lame weld-farming, though.

Upvote 0
Then do like I said, suck it up, and play a few games doing nothing but welding every door in sight. Pick a map filled with doors like Biotics. Get your weld points, helping the team a bit when they need it, and go back to playing. If you're worried about them dying, do it on a Beginner/Normal server.

Don't resort to lame weld-farming, though.
That's obnoxious and even lamer than solo farming, since you're still grinding skill-lessly, but you're disrupting other people to do it.

Upvote 0
I personally weld no matter what perk i choose...I don't see how you can have any issues with weld points...just limit traffic and take them out in one big clump...you're a support...you have a shotgun...you like to see them all bunched up...use a welded door to gather them together...watch your kills and shotgun damage sky rocket even moar :rolleyes:

I generally figure out where we're camping then weld a nearby door to help control the zeds...and I'll return to it now and then to weld it back up...it's extremely simple and helps everyone out...

When I'm soloing I have more reason to do it...generally my favorite spot is up near the trader on the 3rd floor of foundry. Welding that door and killing everything from the other 2 directions(straight in front, and the underpass below). As long as you keep it welded your points skyrocket...

Upvote 0
I call shenanigans on this whole thread.

Best way to get welding points up?

I dunno but here is a refreshing idea: try fvcking welding.

All classes should be welding so you should have no problems meeting this requirement for your support perk. If you are not welding then chances are you're doing it wrong.

If you aren't welding at all then you should NOT be a high level support perk. It's awesome to see a level 6 support knock out all welds on the Office 3rd floor in like 30 seconds and it's more awesome to see one pull a door back from 10% and get it solid again. On the flipside nothing is more lame that a support guy who stands around while some medic does his welding for him and takes 4 times as long to do it.

Again though: If you are not welding then you are doing it wrong.

Pay no attention to annoying noobs who weld the wrong thing or at the wrong time. With the slightest bit of experience you'll learn when and where to do it. The technique is an essential mechanic of this game and if done properly will make the difference between killing Patty or wiping on a mid-wave.

I read your counter arguments above regarding welding being useless and you're wrong.

Upvote 0