• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What vehicles would you like to see in ROHOS ?

My personal opinion is that they should only add a few vehicles per side... but implement them in greater detail. We are all used to vehicles with generic damage and functionality, what we really need to see is greater detail. I'd much rather have a few enemy vehicles with an advanced damage model than a large variety with a simplistic damage model.

I want to see track damage, and not just to disable movement. I want to see a track being taken out and leaving the tank only able to turn on the spot. I want to see engine damage disabling movement and also potentially slowing turret rotation depending on the tanks turret rotation method. I want to see tank crew being killed/wounded by hits. I want tanks to set on fire, forcing the crew to bail instead of the tank magically exploding. I want to see the turret disabled, the main gun disabled and the machine guns individually susceptible to damage. If time allows... I'd like to see periscopes and vision slits viable targets for AT rifles and light AT guns too...

Sure... I may wish for a lot, but to me this to me would add FAR more to gameplay than adding X vehicle which is pretty much the same as Y vehicle but can take a bit more damage and does a bit more damage. Anyone agree?

This for me, i dont need a lot of vehicles i need vehicles that are at sim quality. Ability to have manual gear switching for those that want it.
Especially transport vehicles. For tanks a better localized damage system, and more advanced penetration model. And if possible correct bullet velocities.

Upvote 0
i agree to some extent that i'd would rather see 10-15 very nicely detailed vehicles than 30 poorly detailed ones. community members will probably add more vehicles like they did with ROOST, and who knows, perhaps later updates will include more vehicles. of course, there would always be the ability to port over vehicles from OST right?

with the setting of stalingrad, i doubt we'll be seeing open tank battles like bdj or krivoirog, but i for one don't want to see CA maps be reduced to each side having one transport and one armoured car, or just one light tank. look at maps like leningrad. great map, and considering it's not much of a tank favored CA map with only a total of 3 tanks, at least there are 3 tanks. that should be the very minimal for a CA map.

anybody know if there were engagements in the surrounding areas of stalingrad during the campaign that would have settings similar to the ones in maps like ogledow, arad, barashka?

Upvote 0
Here's some other really good vehicles I'd personally want for HOS :D

horse.jpg

cow.jpg

Okay the last one was a joke :p

Upvote 0
am i the only one that looked over this part:

Offline Challenges – Online Achievements:
Offline challenges such as the shooting range and assault courses let the player learn and hone their skills to perfection with all of the weapons, vehicles, and features in the game. Training with different challenges to achieve awards, win competitions and improve their skills the player can pit their best times/scores against the rest of the online gaming community.

Upvote 0
I would like to see Tanks, Armored Cars, SP guns, Tank Destoryers, Armored Personel Carriers and trucks that had guns and Rocket Lunchers.

Tanks for 1942-43 could include many of the tanks that came from the western allies to help the USSR, like:
Matilda II (maybe some how you could use the coding, etc. from MN Matilda tank),
Valentine (maybe some how you could use the coding, etc. from MN Valentine tank),
M3 light tank (Stuart tank) (maybe some how you could use the coding, etc. from DH Stuart tank),
and
M3 medium tank (Lee or Grant tank).

The USSR tanks:
BT tanks like BT5, BT7 (and please make them have higher speed as the ones in RO now are to slow, many of the BTs could do 72-80 km/h, I think that is 45 mph. Right now the M5 Stuart in DH is going faster than the BT-7 in RO, however the BT-7 had a mush better suspension than the M5and reached speed the M5 never reached in WW2) ,
T34,
KV-1, (please no KV-1s that had the weakest armor of all the KV tanks).
KV-2,
T-26,
T-35,
T50,
and
T70.

German tanks:
panzer Mark II,
panzer Mark III,
Panzer Mark IV,
Panzer Mark VI (Tiger tank),
Panzer B-2 740(f) (this is a French tank, Char B1 tank, that the Germans captured and used in USSR),
Panzer 9TP (this is a Polish tank that the Germans captured in Poland and used in USSR),
and
Panzer 38(t) (this is a Czech tank that the Germans capture before the war and used in USSR).

Also, I do not mind the minor axis allies tanks, such as:
M11/1939, M14/1941, and M15/42 (AA tank) (used by the troops from Italy),
38M Toldi, 40M nirod (AA tank) and 40M Turan 40 tanks (used by Hungary),
Renault R-35, (a French tank used by the Romania) (may some how you could use the coding, etc from CC mods Renault R-35 tank),
CKD R-2, (a Romanian tank)
etc.

Armored Cars:

USSR:
BA-64

Germans:
Sdkfz 221,
Sdkfz 222,
Sdkfz 231, (8 wheels Armored car, although the 6 wheels one if fine too)
and
Sdkfz 233

and any minor axis allies armored cars as well like the 39M Csaba (for the Hungary), Autoblinda 41(from Italy), the BA-10 (which is a USSR armored car used by the Romania),etc.

SP guns:

USSR:
SU-122 (short barrel gun).

Germans:
Stug III (short barrel gun and the long gun versions),
SIG -1,
And
StuH 42 (the 105 mm).

Tank destoryers:

USSR:
ZiS-30.

German:
Marder I,
Marder II,
Marder III,
And
PanzerJgr 38(t) with the USSR

Upvote 0
Correction and adding more ideas for tanks in RO:HOS

Correction and adding more ideas for tanks in RO:HOS

Sorry all for this post, which I have edited as it was the same as my first post, made mistake put it twice as thought my first post had not gone through.

Also, in my first post, mentioned I liked the RO and some of the mods, one I forgot is the AB mod which I also liked that mod to, but that one was very hard to play on the USSR's tanks, though I still like the mod anyways.

I think the tanks in the new RO:HOS should smoke shells and the crews should have smoke grenades. The smoke from the smoke shells and grenades should last longer as they are short lasting on RO.
Would like to see that crews should have in a tank should be allow one SMG when leaving a tank as most tanks carried one, thus if two or more crew members in a tank the commander should be allowed to take a SMG with him.
And if a tank stops for what ever reason (tank is disabled by shells from enemy tank, the only way to cap an objective is to be in the building or something like that, etc.) that the crew that leaves the tank be able to tank one of both MG from the tank, as crews in WW2 were able to do this.

A further point that could help is that the tanks do not disappear so quick if one leaves the tank. As in WW2 it was common for some of the crew(s) to leave the tank and walk and/or scout the terrain and where the enemy is as the enemy may see tank quicker then one man walking ahead and may not think tanks around as the one man walking could be consider to be only some enemy infantry.

I would like to see more Anti-Tanks (AT) guns and AT grenades, as the were much more than what is in RO and the others Mods. I would love to see the USSR's 85 mm AA gun, which could used against tanks just like the German 88 AA was, in RO:HOS.

Best regards,

Sdkfz181

Last edited:
Upvote 0
its 1942 so the following would be acceptable:
Germans:
Panzer IV G....(75mm KwK 40 L/43)-- should be restricted and and limited this is your "heavy tank".
Panzer IV F...... ( 75mm KwK 37 L/24) should have HEAT rounds
Panzer III J/1---- 50mm fronts/rear (50mm KwK 39 L / 60)
Panzer III J------ 50mm fronts/rear (50mm KwK 38 L /42)
Panzer II F-------- Most common Pz II (20mm KwK 30 L / 55)
Panzer 38 (t) E (bolted 25 mm plate so 25+25 frontal armor) (37mm KwK 38(t) A7 L / 47.8)
Stug III -any variant from the F to G any of these should have a functioning gun shield.
Marder II or any other spg ( 75mm L/48 or soviet weapon fielding Panzergrante 39)
Sdkfz 251 C
Opel Blitz...make sure is its not the "Opel Slow" (little DH joke there-lol)

Soviet:
Kv-1c (76.2mm ZIS-5 L / 42) very nicely armored and I believe most common KV
T-34/76 ( 41-42 verisons) (76.2mm F-34 L / 42)
lend lease General Lee
Bt-7 (1937) (45mm 20K Model 1934 L / 46) properly modeled 45mm!
T-26 (1939) (45mm 20K Model 1938 L / 46)
T-60 1942 (20mm TNSh L / 107)
T-70 1942 (45mm 20K Model 1938 L / 46)
Su-76 (76.2mm ZIS-3T Model 1942 L / 52)
lend lease APC
Zis or gaz truck

More ammo types (AP,APCBC,HE,APCR,HEAT,APHE,ect.) would be useful as well.

Realistically implemented this should be pretty well balanced.

All of the above!:D

There was no Tiger I though? Aww :(

Upvote 0