• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Modern Warfare 2

You're not buying the company, you're buying the game. If the game is good, why not buy/play it.

Publishers have made it very difficult to treat them as a faceless generic company since they all started sticking their dirty fingers into the development process and having a much larger (negative) impact on it.
And that the larger publishers use their financial muscle to abuse smaller studios.

I'm not saying it hasn't always happened - I'm saying it's worse than ever, and that I put serious thought into it before buying titles published by certain companies, should such a rare a thing occur that I actually want something they're publishing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My guess would be that it's because in CoD 2 they implemented a nade system which they are using 'til this day, which basically makes grenades a 'kill-or-do-nothing' weapon, since in that system they have a radius in which everything dies, regardless of health and everything outside of it is absolutely fine. Back in the old days they only killed when they went off right next to you but stunned you and damaged you if you were in the vicinity of the explosion. Liked that system a lot more :(

Upvote 0
My guess would be that it's because in CoD 2 they implemented a nade system which they are using 'til this day, which basically makes grenades a 'kill-or-do-nothing' weapon, since in that system they have a radius in which everything dies, regardless of health and everything outside of it is absolutely fine. Back in the old days they only killed when they went off right next to you but stunned you and damaged you if you were in the vicinity of the explosion. Liked that system a lot more :(

ah yeah, that could be the explanation

Upvote 0
GENTLEMEN! THE FUTURE OF PC GAMING IS HERE - (Original link was posted by Zips).
288351h.jpg

Upvote 0
Thouse of you wondering about that 25 killstreak nuke, well, this video shows just how fast you can get it: YouTube - Modern Warfare 2: Legit Nuke Gameplay - HQ Pro

By my count, he just needs to get 9 legit kills, this buys him an Airstrike, the Airstrike buys him enough points for the Chopper, and the Chopper very quickly gives him enough for the Nuke, so the moment he's done with the Chopper he can detonate it and win the game for his team.

So with the right perks, it just takes 9 legit kills in a row to win the game.

Upvote 0