• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Update Released

HOLY ****! Tried it with 2 GB of RAM that I just installed! Stuff loads in under 5 seconds after the new patch, now! I might even turn prefetching on again! If anyone's using 1 GB of RAM, I gotta suggest an upgrade!

Sorry, but what's "prefetching"? Is that a game option?

I'm using 2GB of DDR2-800 for my RAM, is this still considered "decent" these days? I heard that 4 or 6GB is standard for gaming now, and DD3 at that.

I built this machine a couple years ago :(

Upvote 0
My spec

Intel I7
GTX 295
6 go ram
Seven

I never cease to amaze how *bada$$* others' specs and still have problem while I only run a low-end laptop with T5750 (2Ghz/667Mhz) and 4gb ram and a intel x3100 and vista bussiness and have no significant problems so far.

Check your computer's health more regular, and if you arent confident enough to do it manual, get TuneUp. I heard it's good.

Upvote 0
Win 7 x64
i7
6Gb ddr3
old 8800GTX

The only thing I have noticed is that 9 times out of 10 I play the first round solo because I load the map so quickly :D

Kids and their bragging... here comes the spec-posting-onslaught :rolleyes:

Anyways, my specs aren't close to yours, but I'm always one of the first [if not the first] people to load a map. I've asked around and these are people with much more powerful computers than myself, that are loading much slower than me. I don't know, I take care of my baby quite well. Maybe that's it.

Upvote 0
I never cease to amaze how *bada$$* others' specs and still have problem while I only run a low-end laptop with T5750 (2Ghz/667Mhz) and 4gb ram and a intel x3100 and vista bussiness and have no significant problems so far.

Check your computer's health more regular, and if you arent confident enough to do it manual, get TuneUp. I heard it's good.
+1

2.5 year old laptop here.... Oh and let me say...I really liked Vista.

Last edited:
Upvote 0