• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Add flashlight on every weapon possible.

I agree with the light stick idea. They worked like a dream in Jagged Alliance 2. :D High-tech solutions such as NV goggles do not fit in with double-barreled shotguns and AK-47s. In my opinion. Besides, it would encourage soloing, which is bad on team-based game. It's not like NV goggles are too common, I had more luck with cellphone background lighting and Leopard 2's main gun sight in guard duty back in the army. :V

Huge maglite-style flashlight combined with handcannon would be cool though. M1 blasts the brains out and M2 smashes faces in.

IMO though, flamethrower's pilot light should give at least some illumination.

Upvote 0
But that what makes the game better, its like Doom 3 you don't have a flash light at all on your weapons you just have a flash light and that's what makes it harder but better and feel more real.

exactly. Why everything needs to be easier. The current flashlight system is fine, making things a bit harder and challenging...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But that what makes the game better, its like Doom 3 you don't have a flash light at all on your weapons you just have a flash light and that's what makes it harder but better and feel more real.

That was actually the most annoying thing in that whole game. Which was probably why that a patch was released (custom made or their own? I don't know) to add lights on more weapons. I also find it hard to believe that soldiers would only have a small flash light to run around with.

*edit*
I don't know if you have noticed, but everyone do just fine in this game while completely ignoring/avoiding dark areas. I would like something in this game to make it that going those places won't just get you killed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Problems:

1) Players can't use other weapons than 9mm gun in dark maps. It means death in hard/suicidal servers.
2) Players are forced to adjust the brightness and gamma of the monitors in order to play in those maps, killing the atmosfere of the game.

Solution:

Make the flashlight light appear from the body of the players. There is no need for the flashlight to be seen in the game, only it's light. Press "F" to turn on the flashlight, with battery consumption.

Upvote 0
1) Players can't use other weapons than 9mm gun in dark maps. It means death in hard/suicidal servers.
Why does everyone forget the Shotgun? It has a flashlight too.

Why not a portable flashlight for one handed melee weapons like the knife or the machete? Especially the machete would profit from it, being more useful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fireman is pretty cool guy eh brings his own light and doesnt afraid of anyhing!

Srsly, I love playing Firebug and just hiding in dark places and fighting it out alone, lighting the area fleetingly with my own flames as they burn the specimens away. It's rather creepy and feels awesome.

That said, I like the comments about making light expensive and atmospheric. Glowsticks and flares are an excellent idea because they give limited light, enough to see, but also paint the area in an eerie way. It detracts from the feeling less. It's the same reason playing as the Firebug in the dark is so exhilarating to me. I love that feeling.

Upvote 0
The darkness is there for a reason. This is the (**zombie**) clone army apocolypse after all. We don't want it turning into l4d2 now do we with fluffy bunnies and clear skies all around. You either deal with the darkness, or you use a crappy weapon and see where you're going.
Or, my personal favourite, you light up your surroundings with gunfire and death.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is how STALKER handled flashlights: everyone wore these.

images%2Fproducts%2Fmain%2Fheadlamp_app.jpg

Exactly, or like a necklace in other games...

Upvote 0